OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Freaking out. I'm thinking of transferring (finally) this year, and I'm just so afraid of rejection if I don't get in. I have to keep telling myself that if I don't it's okay and everything will be just fine and I'll just TAG for the following year. . .

High school seniors have it so much better with their counselors helping them. If only I had decided to go to state when I got in then, but because I didn't know what I wanted I stayed back at community college to figure that out. And now that I have, I feel bad for the wasted time.

Thats exactly how I feel right now and its only my first semester of college. My parents wouldnt help pay for a four year school because I didnt know what I wanted to do. So I went to a community college. And now I feel like Im wasting a year of my life and I could be doing so much more at a four year school. The only upside is I got another year with my best friend. Next year were gonna be four years apart.

I hope we both get what we want in the end! And I hope you figure out what you want to do soon! It took me 3 semesters :/

I actually know what I want to do now. I wanna work for a competition company. Its just a hard industry to get into.
do you have any idea how you're going about this? (your major/interning/idk) just out of curiosity because i'm definitely interested in the same thing. i have been for awhile i just don't know exactly what to do since as you said it's hard to get into.

The person who made insanity just wants to kill you that's all haha :/ I stated today the first 45 mins was chill so I thought lets do another 20 NOPE I just put myself to shame by getting sick :(

Bow Maker and cartwheels&cupcakes: As an old person, trust me when I say you did NOT waste your time at the community college, especially if you were unsure of your major or what you wanted to do! Although it may feel like you wasted a year taking classes, those classes will transfer and you have saved yourself a ton of money. The first two years are all general classes anyway, and as long as you are taking normal requirements, you will be able to start with major classes once you transfer. Also, there are tons of scholarships for people that are coming from the community colleges to the 4 year schools, so take a look at those. In the end, you have saved yourself a lot of money, and you will be thankful when your student loans are half the amount of your friend that went to the 4 year from the start. If you are really worried about it, look at the major you want to do at the 4 year college and make sure you are covering all the gen ed requirements before you get there. Good luck!

Someone please remind me why I took a composition class my first year of college when I hate writing, and it has nothing to with my major. And why I took it even thought my class registration sheet said that I "may" take it because I technically tested out thanks to my ACT writing score..... :mad:

so I have a music blog for my multimedia class, and this week is a top five list...I want to do like "break out artists of 2012" or something...anyone have any suggestions? It's geared mainly towards rock music, but it's not exclusively rock...if that makes sense.

We had a guest hypnotist/psychic come to my college today for a show.. we had to write down our nick name, a funny story in a few words, our favorite number and a question we wanted answered and our name on an index card.

He had his eyes duct taped shut with a blind fold on and took all of the index cards and rubbed them on his head, he then said my nickname out loud and made me stand in front of everyone, proceeded to describe what i was wearing and then said to answer your question... yes you will be going to worlds in April 2013! Also, you have $18,000 coming to you in the next 3 weeks.. needless to say I'm hoping he is right!!

so I have a music blog for my multimedia class, and this week is a top five list...I want to do like "break out artists of 2012" or something...anyone have any suggestions? It's geared mainly towards rock music, but it's not exclusively rock...if that makes sense.
Rock: Of Mice & Men, Fun! (Don't really know if they'd classify as "rock" but they play it on the local rock station so...), and Pierce The Veil
Pop: I'd have to say Destinee & Paris.. They sang backups on the past season of American Idol and toured with Britney Spears on the Femme Fatale Tour

Rock: Of Mice & Men, Fun! (Don't really know if they'd classify as "rock" but they play it on the local rock station so...), and Pierce The Veil
Pop: I'd have to say Destinee & Paris.. They sang backups on the past season of American Idol and toured with Britney Spears on the Femme Fatale Tour

Pierce the Veil is one that I was considering!! thanks for some great ideas!! I kind of figured I'd get some good ones from you by some of the other music-related posts i've seen :)

Back