OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You're welcome! What's your blog? I'd love to check it out!

I just started it like two weeks ago, and thus far it's only been stuff for class that we've had to do to learn the operations and then delete it, so there isn't much there haha. give me a few weeks and then you can check it out. haha
thedevilstongue.wordpress.com

My math professor has really gotten on my nerves. We all took a test and 75% of the class failed and he went on this 20minute rant about how we, the student, are in control of if we pass or fail and nothing is the teacher(his) fault. Which those 20minutes could have been used to review any questions we had about the test. He then proceeded to tell us that he may be the teacher but that does not mean he has to answer any ones question and If you do have a question about a problem (this is algebra) that his answer would simply be "it's in your notes". So here I am paying to take a class with a professor who uses the exact examples from the text book. If you ask him a question he'll either a. Make you feel stupid or b. I'm not wasting my time explaining that. So what is the point of him being a professor?! No wonder he was a tutor in the math lab for 8 years before they let him teach. Next time ill be sure to go with the rate my professor ratings :/
Sorry I just needed to get that off my chest.
Rant over

So we have had several love letters written to my cp already; one asking if he could kiss her? Lol at these second grade boys.

Anyways my daughter comes home and grabs another handful of her colorful mechanical pencils, I asked her what she is doing with them. She said, "I have to get 2 pencils for Daniel, 2 pencils for Cameron, and 2 pencils for Donovan."

I said, "why, do they not have pencils?" She said, "yeah but they like my pencils and I like them so I told them I would get them some more!"

I said, "more? Like meaning you gave them some already?"

She said, "yes I gave them all away to my friends that's why I'm so POPULAR mom!"

Lol
I said, "Jaylen you don't have to buy friends or give them things They will like you for you."

She said, " I know but everyone wants to be my friend so that's why I'm being so nice because you always tell me not to be mean!"

How could I say no to that response! Go ahead and take everyone mechanical pencils tomorrow I guess! Lol

Has anyone gone to the Kellogg's Gymnastics tour? A bunch of my kids want to go, but it's on a school night. There is no mention of how long it is. Thanks!

OUR GAME IS ON TV TOMORROW NIGHT AND WE'RE GOING TO GET KILLED.

Man, I knew a guy who worked there that probably could have put in a good word for you but he just quit a few weeks ago. Bummer.
awh.... i know like 5 people that work there but anything could have helped... haha :)

I already posted this in the Kudos/Brag post, but I am having an extreme proud coach moment, so I'm posting it here too.

Even though I'm a senior at my school, I've been helping coach the competitive squad for the past few weeks. This is the first year for the school to compete (and only the fourth year even having cheerleaders), and last season we were lucky to have three stunt groups hitting an extended lib. Tonight, all four of our stunt groups were working on express ups (and SO CLOSE to hitting!) and three of the four groups got a front flip dismount.

Our one flyer has an extreme lack of confidence in her ability to fly--but when she gets in the zone and feels it, she is gorgeous in the air. She was the second to get the flip, and to be honest, her's is the prettiest. I was so proud of her tonight I almost cried. She had more drive and determination than I've seen from her in the last year (when I was on the team with her) combined. She was hitting the express up (but having to press up), and even though she was scared sh*tless, she got up in the stunt, eyes welling up with tears because she was so scared, and did a BEAUTIFUL front flip out. I've been watching the video of her since I left school at 10:45 because I'm so impressed and proud of her right now.

I've also been on the phone with three people, make two facebook posts, and texted the team telling them how happy I am with the progress, drive, commitment and trust I've seen from them in the last two weeks.

Back