OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
yes... hehe and we're going to lose pretty bad.. your football team is awesome. well not compared to maryville or oak ridge awesome.. but best in our county;)

Quick unrelated story;

I HATE maryville! I know that is rather mean but they broke my heart last year!
They were the only thing between my team and the State Championship.

What's funny is we traveled to their stadium... (Such a long drive). We didn't have our starting quarterback who is like amazing. He went out in the 3rd round of the playoffs the week before to Oak Ridge in the 4th qtr. We still beat Oak Ridge but we knew it was going to be hard to beat Maryville in the 4th round of the playoffs without him.

Anyways we stopped Maryville close to their goal line; we made it all the way back and scored on them on like our 2nd possession. I think they were scared.. They had never been scored on by the other opponent first while their 1st string was still in; pretty sure that was the highest feeling we felt all night.

After that- We had so many stupid turnovers because our back-up qb sucked. Our back up qb was a Senior and our regular qb was a Jr. This Senior had not took a snap (that was a passing play) but only like once in who whole career at Riverdale and I know he was so scared to have the biggest game of his career to be resting on his shoulders. He made terrible pass after terrible pass, so many turnovers because of him that our defense never got a break they were so tired from not getting a break because our offense could not even get a first down before turning that ball over. So we hung with them till halftime and after that it got ugly. Such a long sad drive home. Yes I cried!!

I know this is a what if scenario and its an excuse but if Oak Ridge didn't take our qb out the week before we would of won that game and been State Champions!! I swear I will fly back to see a rematch of them this year .. Can't wait till playoffs so maybe my heart can be complete once again!! Lol

Also I did not appreciate Maryvilles stadium and I felt like they were racist. I couldn't deal with all the rebel flags and the red neck mentality.

Coach Rankin who coaches for Alcoa use to be Riverdales Head coach for many years and won us all those state championships through the 90s and 2000s while I was in school. He left to coach Alcoa after I graduated and I actually got to see him at the Maryville game; he sat on the Riverdale side so I guess even he was pulling for us to beat those Maryville boys that night! Too bad we didn't..:(

Today while in class I met a girl that is from the one and only Kernersville. She has never heard of Cheer Extreme and did not know what Allstar Cheerleading was.:banghead:
Which really shows you how small a blip on the radar all-star cheer truly is to civilians.

Kris10boo did they get to play on the turf? It's SUCH a nice field! I was at the Maryville/ Alcoa game that was on ESPN a couple of weeks ago. Maryville's students are a little rowdy but... Alcoa is another story. And a couple of my close guy friends play for Oak Ridge! Its such a small world!

Kris10boo did they get to play on the turf? It's SUCH a nice field! I was at the Maryville/ Alcoa game that was on ESPN a couple of weeks ago. Maryville's students are a little rowdy but... Alcoa is another story. And a couple of my close guy friends play for Oak Ridge! Its such a small world!
so who won the game tonight? I honestly have no idea. lol

I have no words. My body can barely handle listening to this once and I've had it on repeat all day. I need to see this movie because Dakota's accent in the movie is disgustingly amazing and she looks so amazing in it and GAH.

Yes it was turf! But I didn't like their stadium because it became amusing that our guys warm ups were on the side of those trees and our balls from our kicker kept getting lost and they would have to go in the trees and find them!!

And you can tell your Oak Ridge friends that I didn't appreciate them taking out our QB because we would have definitely beat Maryville with him! Lol oh well it's another season!! Can't wait till playoffs.

Haha but this is crazy!!

Hey guys here is an update video from last week... Still struggling with throwing her head back but she has so much confidence now that she didn't have before.

Last time she was standing there for like 1 min with her arms out looking paranoid, but last night one of the coaches got her to throw it with him and he was counting it and she was just going without hesitating or over thinking!
Even after he did them with her last night she was throwing them a lot faster. You could see her counting 5,6,7,8 arms 1,2, throw 3,4.. So I think that will help her out.

Another coach was telling me that the reason she is standing there like that was not because of confidence. She knows she will make it around, he said its because she is scared of failing that she thinks about it so much because she just wants it to be right. Which makes sense because last week she went home upset saying she was disappointed in herself because she knows she can do it. And I did not know why because I was so happy for her an no one expected her to throw that!!

I think when she figures out how to make the correction.. Mostly on her set .. She will get it! But she is still working hard as ever and I'm so proud of her no matter what!

Back