OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I just noticed something:
All of Cheersport's regionals are now called 'Grand Championships'. And the major Nationals is just called 'Nationals.' Is this a new thing, or has it been this way for a while? This is the first time I'm really noticing it, and I LIKE IT!. Now, would it say 'Grand Champion' on their awards? Because that would be even better!

Idk the answer either but I've always wanted all those "nationals" comps to just be called championships anyway. That's what they are really, regional championships. EP's really need to do this for all comps and keep their one big nationals.

I just noticed something:
All of Cheersport's regionals are now called 'Grand Championships'. And the major Nationals is just called 'Nationals.' Is this a new thing, or has it been this way for a while? This is the first time I'm really noticing it, and I LIKE IT!. Now, would it say 'Grand Champion' on their awards? Because that would be even better!
What happens with Grand Champs for each level then? Will they be called Grand Supreme Champs or something to that effect? Or does Cheersport not do that (can't remember).

Okay so I've always looked younger than I actually am. Well, I'm 21, and a 15 year old was hitting on me today! UGH!!! :banghead::deadhorse:

I got my flu shot at school today, and it hurt a lot more than usual. Anyone else get theirs and experience more pain?

This lady on Extreme Cheapskates on TLC lives in Columbus.. I promise, all of us who live here also are NOT that insane, lol.

What happens with Grand Champs for each level then? Will they be called Grand Supreme Champs or something to that effect? Or does Cheersport not do that (can't remember).
I don't think cheersport does that because it's so division-specific (when it comes to scoring)..if you look at the two small senior groups at nationals, it was so different that having a level champ would have been impossible.

I suppose you'd just call them Level champions?

CheerBank and kristenthegreat I think level champs or division champs would be fine. Or they could give them crowns and call them grand supreme rulers of the universe ;)
Either way, it would help with all these silly nationals titles. I'm proud of every win my kids bring home but it does feel a bit ludicrous to say "national champion" when you're really not. Regional, state or grand champion is just fine with me!

Okay so I've always looked younger than I actually am. Well, I'm 21, and a 15 year old was hitting on me today! UGH!!! :banghead::deadhorse:
My life.... except I'm 24 and look 15. Not so easy when you work in a high school with kids who look older than you. Doesn't help that I'm only 5'0" either. I just keep telling myself I'll appreciate it when I'm 50.

My life.... except I'm 24 and look 15. Not so easy when you work in a high school with kids who look older than you. Doesn't help that I'm only 5'0" either. I just keep telling myself I'll appreciate it when I'm 50.

Try being a gym owner. I get parents who say things like "What are you, 18? You have no idea what you are doing." Really? THANKS. I'm pretty sure I have two college degrees and have been coaching longer than your child has been alive.

Also, if I didn't have a chest I could easily compete on my junior team. All the backspots are bigger than me. If I'm filling in a spot, you can't pick me out.

Back