All-Star New Rules Released Today?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did anyone else read this as "Keep your dirty laundry in the house?":

While fully respecting and appreciating each individual’s right to freely express themselves,
it is imperative that those who are involved with the USASF on an official basis or project
conduct themselves constructively and professionally with respect for their peers working
within the organization. Based on the developments that have recently transpired
regarding these rules, the USASF will soon be issuing its own standards of conduct relative
to official work being done on behalf of the USASF. To hold an official position, including a
USASF committee position, the USASF will require that members discuss and address these
issues within the organization’s official structure.

Well raising the Senior age to 10 but keeping the Youth age at 11, totally and completely screws our team. :( those are the only rules that even affected us.

[deleted, it ate half my post and I already forgot the wording, I'll repost when my memory works again]

The 50%+1 issue I believe needs to be addressed with the EPs. Les said there was a scoring meeting this afternoon. So perhaps they are discussing that in that meeting. The "image" issues may be addressed even later would be my guess. But if you hate the 50%+1 thing as much as I do...you need to be emailing the higher ups at the main EPs.

Does anyone else think they scared the crap out of us with the first set of rules , so when we saw the adjusted rules we would all sigh with relief that it wasn't as bad as we thought? just sayin'
I was thinking the same thing!! If these came out first we would all be just as mad but since the others were worse it seems to soften the blow!!

Does anyone else think they scared the crap out of us with the first set of rules , so when we saw the adjusted rules we would all sigh with relief that it wasn't as bad as we thought? just sayin'

I was thinking the same thing... If we would have got these the other day there would of still been a lot of pissed off people. Now I feel like we're all just ok with it because well we don't have a choice now they have already been revised.

it also doesn't do much to address the confidence issue, They still say they can change the rules and age grids whenever they want if they deem it an immediate and important concern. I'm sure it was immediate and important that 12 year olds could be on a youth team and then that they couldn't

I can tolerate the new rules. Not a fan that you can't do one to doubles... but other then that, they are tolerable. Disappointed there was no apology of any sort for how things were handled and no apology for their previous wording in their Etiquette Guidelines.

Back