All-Star New Rules Released Today?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jamfest was a supporter of the original rules, no?
They're one of many on the board, they could've voted no and Varsity could've still outvited them, honestly we don't know who voted how. If the tide was against you and you were planning on breaking away, would you say anything and tip your hand? or just slide off?

They're one of many on the board, they could've voted no and Varsity could've still outvited them, honestly we don't know who voted how. If the tide was against you and you were planning on breaking away, would you say anything and tip your hand? or just slide off?

The last rules that were released specifically said Varsity, JamBrands, CheerSport, and Cheer Ltd supported them.

Whip doubles are legal, just no full double or double double
Is this confirmed? Maybe I'm just being dyslexic and I'm reading "Bounding twisting skills..." as "Bounding, twisting skills..." when I shouldn't. So is it a lack of punctuation on their part or them just being overly redundant? Maybe I'm having a brain fart at the moment, but what twisting skill would NOT be bounding. RO???

It's SO funny you say this because I had this very conversation with a coach at my gym last week...silent but deadly... :)

Is this confirmed? Maybe I'm just being dyslexic and I'm reading "Bounding twisting skills..." as "Bounding, twisting skills..." when I shouldn't. So is it a lack of punctuation on their part or them just being overly redundant? Maybe I'm having a brain fart at the moment, but what twisting skill would NOT be bounding. RO???
Think you could read it this way, but if you look at what is under review in the previous section - that includes whips - so I take it as "bounding & twisting" into a double is not allowed, but they will continue to look at whip doubles.

The way I read this whip doubles will be legal, but this is a memo, not a rule. We will have to wait for the official rules to come out I suppose to know 100%

Again, these rules don't affect that many people..... (tumbling at least)

How many athletes in the country have the following? It affects even less people then it did originally. I would say 0.01% of all cheerleaders will be hurt by this.
  • One to double
  • Standing doubles
  • full punch double
  • double punch double

I agree with you that these rules don't affect many, but if that's the case and it affects so few people, what's the point? If EVERY kid that attempted a double punch double got hurt, pulling it makes sense, but that's not the case. I can stomach these rules a bit more, but I still don't understand it.

Again, these rules don't affect that many people..... (tumbling at least)

How many athletes in the country have the following? It affects even less people then it did originally. I would say 0.01% of all cheerleaders will be hurt by this.
  • One to double
  • Standing doubles
  • full punch double
  • double punch double

I agree... but I would like to see statistics on people getting hurt on these skills. These are ELITE skills that as you said, .01% if I can quote you do. I have coached MANY one to doubles and a handful of standing doubles, full punch and double punch doubles. Out of all of those I have coached (looking at those skill sets only) I have not had anyone injured. I need to see statistics that this is what people are getting hurt on. If not, I feel it is irrelevant the % of people that have the skills.

Just because only a small % of people are affected by it, doesn't mean their voices aren't important.

I do understand that the rules affects a very small percent but if that's the case why eliminate the skill? You can't honestly tell me that a MAJOR group of athletes is being hurt by standing doubles, one to doubles and full/ double doubles? I just want an honest explanation as I fail to see the logic. Honestly the first double I competed was a one to double and we have many athletes who can properly execute it.

Heck - I know multiple athletes in Illinois who has standing fullS bounding in to double and one with a standing double double...

I do understand that the rules affects a very small percent but if that's the case why eliminate the skill? You can't honestly tell me that a MAJOR group of athletes is being hurt by standing doubles, one to doubles and full/ double doubles? I just want an honest explanation as I fail to see the logic. Honestly the first double I competed was a one to double and we have many athletes who can properly execute it.

Heck - I know multiple athletes in Illinois who has standing fullS bounding in to double and one with a standing double double...
What would a major group of athletes doing this be? I think if its 10% that is too high of an injury rate.

Back