All-Star New Season. New Facilities. New Gyms.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can anyone explain how an international location can be the same quality of instruction in the States? I'm in shock over Fame's expansion to London and how it will work.

Can anyone explain how an international location can be the same quality of instruction in the States? I'm in shock over Fame's expansion to London and how it will work.
I am sure this location has been in the planning stages for quite some time. Just as with any business expansion, you either relocate qualified and experienced coaches to the new location or you bring these people to your main location for training (often a combination of both). I am sure the coaches that will be working in London are already certified and trained to coach the "Fame way" or are in the process now. I don't see it being much different than opening up a location in another state with the exception of certain business laws that countries may have that differ from here.

Shaking my head at the WC comments. The one thing that I agree wholeheartedly on is that the level of talent in the area (including over the border in NJ) is high; but wishing the demise of other local gyms is really sad. It seems that a personal agenda is playing into this.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Plot twist. KimWC is really the owner of Force All Stars and hoping WC takes pity and buys her out so she can take her kids to WC

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat

So, I have a few thoughts.

1.) Elaine and WC have social media guidelines, and that post is far beyond the line, it can't even see the line anymore.

2.) That post does not sound like an athlete wrote it.

3.) My mother always told me if you have nothing nice to say, keep your trap shut. In this case, I'm going to have to sit on my hands. :cow:

1.) Elaine and WC have social media guidelines, and that post is far beyond the line, it can't even see the line anymore.

3.) My mother always told me if you have nothing nice to say, keep your trap shut. In this case, I'm going to have to sit on my hands. :cow:
I think there are a couple of people she might need to reign in.

lol that line is a dot now. I too will sit on hands but not for this thread. Getting back to expansions. Wow Fame London that's great news. I'm sure Fame owners had this in plan for awhile.

I apologize for my post earlier I just had bad experiences at some of the other gyms.
I think we all have. But if you're going to publicly represent WC through your avatar and your screen name you might take more care in who you decide to blast openly on the internet or you might end up with a bad experience at WC when they weigh in on how you've represented them publicly.

Regarding the PA WC (too much to copy)...what about the families that aren't ready to go so big, want the small family feel, don't want the large commitment (especially if they have other children)?! What's good for some isn't for everyone and the grass isn't always greener... I certainly would hope your ok with the negative karma from the Koolaide your spewing, if it wasn't for the "mom n pop" businesses the market would be just plain boring and not driven by competition.

Regarding the PA WC (too much to copy)...what about the families that aren't ready to go so big, want the small family feel, don't want the large commitment (especially if they have other children)?! What's good for some isn't for everyone and the grass isn't always greener... I certainly would hope your ok with the negative karma from the Koolaide your spewing, if it wasn't for the "mom n pop" businesses the market would be just plain boring and not driven by competition.

Although I'm not part of the original comments I can say I think that is why the WC PA is the best of both worlds..you will have your smaller feel gym with training and experience WC brings.. really the commitment is no different..it all goes based on levels, etc.. My cp never cheered for WC but did level 5 and there was little difference if any in the commitment at WC in fact they were more efficient in many ways and my cp even practiced more than her friends at WC because they got more done in less time. Don't let the "small gym" make you feel like the other gyms are big, bad all consuming and impersonal. make the decision for yourself. You may be shocked at what you find.

To comment on the dislike "small" gyms have for the mega gyms expanding into other territories they are right to be worried. Big names will draw athletes away, even the most loyal ones, if they think they have a better chance at winning if they leave for the big name gym. What is going to happen when all the 50-100 athlete gyms have to close their doors and you just have 10 mega gyms with a location in each state, all-star cheer is going to SERIOUSLY lose its edge if the smaller and middle size gyms start to go under. It would be a sad day in cheer if this happened. I'd rather see smaller gyms getting a chance to learn and grow.

To comment on the dislike "small" gyms have for the mega gyms expanding into other territories they are right to be worried. Big names will draw athletes away, even the most loyal ones, if they think they have a better chance at winning if they leave for the big name gym. What is going to happen when all the 50-100 athlete gyms have to close their doors and you just have 10 mega gyms with a location in each state, all-star cheer is going to SERIOUSLY lose its edge if the smaller and middle size gyms start to go under. It would be a sad day in cheer if this happened. I'd rather see smaller gyms getting a chance to learn and grow.
I'm just hoping that people are loyal enough to their gyms (or have a strong enough preference for the small-gym feel) that the small-gym breed does not die out. After all, how big can a gym get? I don't think that growth is feasible after a certain point.

Back