New Skills!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My 6yr old daughter got her front walkover today!!! I'm so happy this is the one thing I thought she wouldn't get for a long time and someone told her to do something and about 25 try's later!! She got it- I screamed so loud.. Luckily it was before practice!
Now she can add that in her pass
Front walkover round off BHS step out round off BHS!!

That front walkover was the hardest thing so far for CP. She started working on it in privates last August and finally got it in the spring. But she still does not have it consistently. The RO BHS was easier for her. I think when she is responsible for it in the routine she will be fine, but it takes her full concentration. They are my favorite - so beautiful in a tumbling pass! Congrats to your CP on getting it so quick!

Working on my bhs, I've got it to the point where I do some on my own but a few with a spot. I'm also working on my roundoff technique so I can ease into roundoff bhs and eventually roundoff 2 faster. :)
I've only very recently started tumbling and I love it!!

That front walkover was the hardest thing so far for CP. She started working on it in privates last August and finally got it in the spring. But she still does not have it consistently. The RO BHS was easier for her. I think when she is responsible for it in the routine she will be fine, but it takes her full concentration. They are my favorite - so beautiful in a tumbling pass! Congrats to your CP on getting it so quick!
Thank you! I agree front walkover was something I didn't think she would get any time soon! She has all standing and running level2 tumbling better then her front walkover. I think they are really pretty as well & was really happy to see her get it! That's so awesome and great your cp got it! I'm sure if she ends up competing with it she will be able to execute just fine! :)

I got over my fear, asked to be spotted and landed 3 standing tucks (while being spottet, but for a non-tumbler like me that's still kinda huge) in a row! I'm soo happy!! :D When I tried it before, I always landed flat on my back or my but. ^^

Monday night I did my standing BHS on the floor lightly spotted. Only ever done it on the tumble track with a spot before then so am over the moon! Dance background means I had zero upper body strength coupled with adult logic so two giant hurdles right there!!
I know exactly what you mean!! Way to go! Honestly, you should be soo proud of yourself!

I did back handspring on the wooden floor! I use to be terrified, even with a spot, on our school's gym floor. I was feeling crazy today and decided to just throw it. I even did a standing 2. That hurt my wrists a lot though, so I guess no standing series until I get some wrist braces.

Personally this year i REALLY want my double into a double! and my standing double! These skills have eluded me the past season but i WILL get it <3

My cp is working on a hand hand layout on the floor and working a half, trying to get to a full on the tumble track, and a punch front (don't know how she never learned that before now.
-also, perfecting triple jump tuck sequence (she has it, just tweaking it to be perfect)
-trying hand hand whip hand tuck/layout

I GOT MY STANDING TUCK BACK!!! :D We were doing tucks and I decided to throw one by myself. I was terrified but I landed it. Then I did a bunch more.

That's awesome. One of the great hurdles of tumbling.

Back