New Skills!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After a 9 month mental block, I am FINALLY throwing my full by myself onto a mat. I'm gonna keep working on the mat (its raised and gives my mind a bit of safety support) and then hopefully after 2 weeks I can move onto the ground!!
Yayy!!!!:)
I could have had a double by now if it wasn't for this mental block... so my plan is too start doubles as soon as my full is 100% back. NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: to never be scared of tumbling ever again and believe in myself!!

i got my double and im trying for and arabian thru to dub but its not in the routine i need to work my cardio so i can throw it

i've had a mental block for over a year now and last week i finally did my standing bhs & on tuesday i did my double toe bhs! honestly, i wanted to cry, this mental block has been nothing but frustrating for the past year and a half, and i can finally throw all the skills i've been too afraid to (which is a lot).

The hardest earned skills (even returning to them) are always the most rewarding. Great job!

so im working on my standing full, i can do it with ease on the traks at the gym and im getting closer on the floor, but im getting older and know how long it takes my body to heal, any tips for getting over the fear of injury?

so im working on my standing full, i can do it with ease on the traks at the gym and im getting closer on the floor, but im getting older and know how long it takes my body to heal, any tips for getting over the fear of injury?[/quote]
Be confident! If you think you can do it, you'll be fine. But the moment you start tp doubt yourself you might freak out mid full (or whatever skill it is) and hurt yourself. That's what I've learned:)

Thanks! I've never been a twister so a standing full is such a weird skill for me haha, I'm content with my full and kick full but I'd like a better shot at tryouts if I go to a big university for school soon

Back