All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

From what i was told by someone influential in the industry, this wouldn't be for the next season, it would probably be a couple seasons away. But i guess if people keep uniforms for 3+ years it would be an issue.

Also, if you give people a warning, maybe everyone will stop doing it and there won't need to be a rule.

Remember a few years back when this was discussed on previous boards and it was stated emphatically it would never, ever, ever happen? :)

What if every team competed in a simple t shirt with your team name in block letters and soffees.
I know this has been mentioned before (by kingston, if memory serves, but I'm getting old so it doesn't always) and I absolutely love the idea. My lovely besties that work as Uniform Reps, not so much! I understand where they're coming from and also understand where coaches/gyms come from in appreciating the indiviuality of the design/representation of their program but it doesn't mean I love it. Take most other sports that have a standard "Uniform" and teams simply add their logo, alter color blocks, etc. Even gymnastics manages to add bling and flair to one concrete design to represent each program. Would that be so bad to have one standard design? Add a logo across the chest and hit the mat. Let's see if everyones really watching your skills or waiting for a uniform malfuntion/staring at your sparkle.

From what i was told by someone influential in the industry, this wouldn't be for the next season, it would probably be a couple seasons away. But i guess if people keep uniforms for 3+ years it would be an issue.

Also, if you give people a warning, maybe everyone will stop doing it and there won't need to be a rule.

If this is coming to fruition, wouldn't it be helpful if the powers that be made this information public instead of allowing gyms to purchase crop-top uniforms, and then pissing parents off royally when they find out they need to buy a new $150 top for their kid the next season?

coming from a competitive gymnastics background, i see no difference in what cheer unis and gymnastics leo's. In gymnastics, we weren't allowed to wear spandex at our gym ever. So we never got uncomfortable on meet days. I don't see why its a big deal.

If this is coming to fruition, wouldn't it be helpful if the powers that be made this information public instead of allowing gyms to purchase crop-top uniforms, and then pissing parents off royally when they find out they need to buy a new $150 top for their kid the next season?
well i would think they would give at least 1 full year notice on this rule.

We are going to be starting the new design for Keystone Extreme Unis, if you have any ideas PM me! Something fun but clean!

I agree with most that it should be appropriate and athletic, especially so we can be taken more seriously as a sport, but I also feel like we do perform on stage, so having a little sparkle to uniforms isn't all bad. I don't know, to me it is a very difficult,subjective subject:confused:

I hope this never happens. I know there are some over the top uniforms out there...a few I wouldn't want my own daughter in. But I don't think the bad judgement of a few should punish the many. There is a showmanship to cheer that is unlike any other sport, the closest being figure skating IMO. I like the bling. I like the makeup (ok, not the glitter). And it seems most have moved away from the hairpieces. I see gymnastics brought up a lot, and sure there are some things in common. But I do think the vibe...vitality..energy level is on a different scale. I would hate to lose the variety to cookie cutter uniforms.

If you need a sparkly glitzed-out uni in order to show personality and energy, you're not trying hard enough. We love beautiful people BECAUSE they can look beautiful in anything! We are drawn to people who's energy and vitality can radiate even through the darkest days. I don't envy Candace Swanpoel because she only looks good in a bikini, I'm jealous because she makes baggy fleece look hot! I don't think we necessarily need to get rid of everything..but I will say it until we realize it: We are the Toddlers and Tiaras of the sports world. And that ain't always a good thing. I'm glad we got rid of hair pieces. Most of the makeup is toned down and enhances what's already there (I know how washed-out I can look on stage without make up-not to be confused with pale! It's all those yellow-toned lights..). I love a little extra glitter and bling. But I didn't get into cheer for the uni. I got into because I love to perform tumbling and stunts and dance my little booty off. All while competing with people I like. I would be happy competing in shorts and a tee or tank. Wouldn't have to worry about stains or color-bleeding or delicate stuff. Heck would be cheaper too!

And if the next words are 'Well then just don't watch that routine,' we are SO far beyond the scope of cheerleading that I don't even know what life is..

THIS is the problem....those of us who are judges don't get the option to not watch. When I'm judging the routine of Team Skimpy Pants, I HAVE to watch them....I can't turn away....I have to be blinded by hineys.

What if every team competed in a simple t shirt with your team name in block letters and soffees.

I have always said "if you put Christina Aguilara in a gunny sack she would still make you cry because she's that dang good at what she does." The same could be said for many Worlds medalists, if SE came out in teal tank tops and shorts, would it take away from their skills? Not very likely. I'm not against a little sparkle but I am also pro anything that can make our sport more accessible to kids.

MissBee said:
THIS is the problem....those of us who are judges don't get the option to not watch. When I'm judging the routine of Team Skimpy Pants, I HAVE to watch them....I can't turn away....I have to be blinded by hineys.

Exactly. We're stuck trying to ignore the display of "What NOT to Wear" while trying to watch skills and not have overall impression affected.

Latest posts

Back