All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I used to think they looked awful until I paid attention to them in routines. No one ever has to adjust their uniform. No front wedgies from shorts, no skirts flipping up in tumbling; it's a small thing that makes a routine look cleaner. I actually noticed it most acutely in the Champions League movie.

Full disclosure: I competed in one and it was the most comfortable uniform I have ever had the privilege of wearing. I am so totally biased and I'm also ok with that [emoji136]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS! I'm firmly on Team Skorts.

Why can't skorts be like the old Fame velvet uni? The side seams of the skirt were sewn to the shorts. Same solution, no mullet. The skirt still didn't flip up in the back because it was sewn to the shorts, and the shorts didn't ride up in the front (or if they did you couldn't see it because it was covered by the skirt.)

It's the exact same thing as the skort, except the back is covered by another skirt "panel" so it looks like a skirt.

Best of both worlds (shorts and skirts) and still aesthetically pleasing.

Awesome practical solution! I was actually thinking this myself after I read the posts about why skorts are so great. So I'm glad you confirmed it's possible. :cool:

I'm going to post a photo of a fulltop I'm working on for my kids next season. (Yes we just got new uniforms but for such a great price why not just get another) I'd love for yalls feedback! Fair warning, It has a small amount of stomach mesh, but no cutouts on the uniform at all! I'll post the two different options I have been fighting myself on for chest logos as well!

I'm going to post a photo of a fulltop I'm working on for my kids next season. (Yes we just got new uniforms but for such a great price why not just get another) I'd love for yalls feedback! Fair warning, It has a small amount of stomach mesh, but no cutouts on the uniform at all! I'll post the two different options I have been fighting myself on for chest logos as well!
can't wait to see them! :)

As someone who works for EPs, and have seen quite a few of these in person, I must say my overwhelming favorite new one is the Florida Wildcats new uni. That thing is stunning in person. Also honorable mention to LA Spirit, Buckeye Cheer Elite, and Rays for their new ones!

Well, certainly not as much as a mom would know.

I love when moms call out other people for not cheering.

Love it.

I once had a parent "call me out" as never having CHEERED on a Worlds team and therefore not being qualified to tell her whether her kid was ready for a Worlds team evaluation (kid had a whip through to a layout and a full that scared me, mom insisted that I teach her to double in 3 weeks.)

The thing is:

1. Worlds wasn't even a thing when I actively cheered all star.

2. Her level of cheer experience includes a year of pop warner in 1974.

So bye.

Love it.

I once had a parent "call me out" as never having CHEERED on a Worlds team and therefore not being qualified to tell her whether her kid was ready for a Worlds team evaluation (kid had a whip through to a layout and a full that scared me, mom insisted that I teach her to double in 3 weeks.)

The thing is:

1. Worlds wasn't even a thing when I actively cheered all star.

2. Her level of cheer experience includes a year of pop warner in 1974.

So bye.
We have moms at the studio ask our teachers all the time, "Well, can YOU do it? You can't ask her to do something you can't even do!"

One, every teacher we have is a working, *paid*, professional dancer, so of course they can do it. Two, no, they don't have to prove that to you. Three, even if they couldn't, yes, they CAN tell your child to do it.

But really, this is a message board. It's not required that someone cheer every season to post - or even cheer at all. I will never understand people who come on here and "call someone out" for not cheering (and I extra don't get it when they're calling out someone who has cheered). You have to be actively doing something to talk about it?

Come on... I don't play football, but I'll talk about it all day. Truthfully, I haven't danced in 20 years, but I earn a living talking about it.

We have moms at the studio ask our teachers all the time, "Well, can YOU do it? You can't ask her to do something you can't even do!"

One, every teacher we have is a working, *paid*, professional dancer, so of course they can do it. Two, no, they don't have to prove that to you. Three, even if they couldn't, yes, they CAN tell your child to do it.

But really, this is a message board. It's not required that someone cheer every season to post - or even cheer at all. I will never understand people who come on here and "call someone out" for not cheering (and I extra don't get it when they're calling out someone who has cheered). You have to be actively doing something to talk about it?

Come on... I don't play football, but I'll talk about it all day. Truthfully, I haven't danced in 20 years, but I earn a living talking about it.
I wouldn't be surprised if some moms were more suspicious of someone who had never tumbled teaching their kids perfect technique, than they would be of a World Champion all-star cheerleader teaching their kids horrible technique.

I wouldn't be surprised if some moms were more suspicious of someone who had never tumbled teaching their kids perfect technique, than they would be of a World Champion all-star cheerleader teaching their kids horrible technique.

When coaching gymnastics I learned more from a woman who never took a single gymnastics course in her life than I did from any of the people I worked with who competed in gymnastics or power tumbling.
There is a certain benefit to being able to do a skill while trying to teach said skill, but at the same time, it is possible to be educated and naturally observant enough to coach a skill. It's interesting how much this industry (and dance and gymnastics it seems) shames people who have never done the sport, or who have never reached the highest level of sport. If you took every major NFL fan in the world, I could assure you that likely less than 1% of them have ever competed even semi-professionally, if at all.
I rarely feel the need to explain myself, the success of my athletes does that enough, that person's comment just threw me off a bit.

Latest posts

Back