All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Full tops done right!

Side note; Why does everybody hate stomach mesh?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Aside from personal preferences of fashion choice......
It's see through. There is a reason why junior age and below are having full tops implemented, so the stomach mesh is a bad loophole around the issue. It's the "easy" way out imo. Don't coaches understand that no good things come from children running around in minimal clothing? Sigh.
I still don't get why some adults are fighting tooth and nail to NOT cover their 13 year old and younger children:rolleyes:. This is seriously the only time where I have heard, "yes we want them clothed less. What do you mean we have to put them in more clothing?!"..............but maybe it's just me *shrug*

Regarding underages in crop tops: In my opinion, as an older brother and coach, i would feel fine seeing my sisters, younger cousins, or just younger kids in general wearing a crop top cheer uniform at a CHEER competition. Once you leave those boundries is where i draw the line. BUT then again, there is more of a risk of a "pedo" being at a beach where your child is wearing a bikini top than at a cheer competition, if thats what parents are worried about. Im not trying to start a fierceboard stomp the yard battle with parents right now. I do love me a good full top! As i said though, in my eyes i am fine with an athlete wearing a cropped cheer uniform IN competiton boundry lines. Once those lines are crossed its time to put on a shirt giiiirl. For the parents that nag about them wearing crops, my suggestion is have them in a shirt then right before warm ups have them give it to you, and have her put it back on after she competes. But technically that was the enitre point of the "cover up rule" that started a couple years ago right, to be covered up when not in warmup room or competing?

Regarding underages in crop tops: In my opinion, as an older brother and coach, i would feel fine seeing my sisters, younger cousins, or just younger kids in general wearing a crop top cheer uniform at a CHEER competition. Once you leave those boundries is where i draw the line. BUT then again, there is more of a risk of a "pedo" being at a beach where your child is wearing a bikini top than at a cheer competition, if thats what parents are worried about. Im not trying to start a fierceboard stomp the yard battle with parents right now. I do love me a good full top! As i said though, in my eyes i am fine with an athlete wearing a cropped cheer uniform IN competiton boundry lines. Once those lines are crossed its time to put on a shirt giiiirl. For the parents that nag about them wearing crops, my suggestion is have them in a shirt then right before warm ups have them give it to you, and have her put it back on after she competes. But technically that was the enitre point of the "cover up rule" that started a couple years ago right, to be covered up when not in warmup room or competing?
The cover up "guideline" (not rule) has been largely ignored after the first season it was introduced.
My feeling has always been that as a parent if you had issues with your athlete of any age wearing a crop top then select a gym that wears full tops. And don't preach against crop tops but let your kid wear a bikini.

I really like these but for me, personally, I'm not a fan of this much red. Design is really nice IMHO.
I wonder if anyone could alter (just the photo) of the stomach part and change to black? I'm just curious how that would look. Because my issue with the full top is the black line at the top of the skirt. Just seems to cut them off in the middle

I wonder if anyone could alter (just the photo) of the stomach part and change to black? I'm just curious how that would look. Because my issue with the full top is the black line at the top of the skirt. Just seems to cut them off in the middle

I did this myself the other day to see what it would look like because I had the same thought process as you and didn't post it, but here :
ejhmoh.png

The cover up "guideline" (not rule) has been largely ignored after the first season it was introduced.
My feeling has always been that as a parent if you had issues with your athlete of any age wearing a crop top then select a gym that wears full tops. And don't preach against crop tops but let your kid wear a bikini.

We can blame the gyms who pushed the boundaries of decency for the rule.
I don't mind a bikini for a bathing suit but I do mind string bikinis. Unfortunately some gyms' unis became the string bikini of the two piece uniform so this rule was put into place.

I think once the GT full tops are away from somewhere with red floors and red walls and on a competition mat (that's not red) it won't look like too much red at all.

I guess I don't understand the point of crop top unis period...

You can argue that it's too hot for fulltops but you've got football players wearing pounds of equipment and playing outside in the hot weather for over an hour. I don't buy that excuse.

I also don't buy the excuse that it helps with stunting. I've always stunted in full tops and never had an issue. So haven't countless others. I think crop tops make the industry look less serious imo. When I'm playing field hockey or softball I'm not wishing I had my belly exposed and I don't think that while I cheer either.

I just don't get the obsession with crops/ having an exposed stomach. Nor do I see the need.

I guess I don't understand the point of crop top unis period...

You can argue that it's too hot for fulltops but you've got football players wearing pounds of equipment and playing outside in the hot weather for over an hour. I don't buy that excuse.

I also don't buy the excuse that it helps with stunting. I've always stunted in full tops and never had an issue. So haven't countless others. I think crop tops make the industry look less serious imo. When I'm playing field hockey or softball I'm not wishing I had my belly exposed and I don't think that while I cheer either.

I just don't get the obsession with crops/ having an exposed stomach. Nor do I see the need.

This. 100%

ALL high schools wear full tops, and they are able to perform just as difficult stunts. And in my opinion the whole "temperature" argument goes out the window when our competitions are indoors 99.9% of the time.

This. 100%

ALL high schools wear full tops, and they are able to perform just as difficult stunts. And in my opinion the whole "temperature" argument goes out the window when our competitions are indoors 99.9% of the time.
And boys manage to compete in full tops and long pants. I'm not anti crop but don't make silly excuses for why you need them.

To me when I think of all-star cheerleading I think of crop tops, bows and infinities. I understand the whole argument with children wearing them but people never have a issue with them wearing them at the beach or at the pool. All-star cheerleading is about theatrics and skills, it's why it's different from rec or school cheerleading. Having cheerleaders have the option of having crop tops and different styles of uniforms adds to the excitement of the sport.. Everything should be okay if it's done with taste and moderation.

I think the GT full top with the black stomach makes it look too much like an afterthought. Like they designed the crops and said THESE ARE PERFECT now ehhhh, just throw a solid black middle on there to make it legal for everyone else. I also think it would look a little strange on the boys like that. I prefer the red personally and really don't think it's going to be too overpowering once they are on the mat.

To me when I think of all-star cheerleading I think of crop tops, bows and infinities. I understand the whole argument with children wearing them but people never have a issue with them wearing them at the beach or at the pool. All-star cheerleading is about theatrics and skills, it's why it's different from rec or school cheerleading. Having cheerleaders have the option of having crop tops and different styles of uniforms adds to the excitement of the sport.. Everything should be okay if it's done with taste and moderation.

I agree with the thought here, but things come and go with time. In the 40s, when you thought of football you would think leather helmets. In the 80s, when you thought basketball you thought of the short shorts. Uniforms change sometimes. I think it's still easy to tell a full top allstar uniform from a full top school uniform.

And there's nothing wrong with your argument here. The argument I do think is wrong are the ones that try to say it's necessary or in some way benefits the performance to have stomachs showing. I don't see how that makes any sense.

Back