All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That problem, if they wear skirts instead of shorts, is just by wearing shorts like black nike pros under the skirt. If I had this issue and it was shorts instead of a skirt I'd still wear a 2nd pair of shorts similar to spandex to hide the lines. I used to have a stretchy material for our uniform shorts and I always wore another pair of smaller cheer shorts underneath. Just felt more comfortable that way.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Quick note about leos under uni's instead of two pieces: They normally create really bad underwear lines no matter what you do! Not the biggest concern for parents and some, but most girls will do anything they can not to have underwear lines and are really embarrassed when there are dozens of pictures where it looks like the outline of underwear. Happened to my friend last season.

I may not be a cheerleader, however I am a gymnast so I do wear leotards. It is actually quite rare for underwear lines if the leotard and shorts fit correct. So if a team has a leotard as part of their uni, and shorts if the uniform fits correctly there should not be underwear lines. However if you do happen to have them, like Alicia stated, you could always wear a smaller pair of booty shorts underneath and that should help. Also, GK Elite makes special undergarments that doesn't show and doesn't cause panty lines as to which could help. A leotard with a skirt, is very unlikely to create underwear lines, unless the skirt is super tight, so honestly all in all their is nothing to worry about.

Quick note about leos under uni's instead of two pieces: They normally create really bad underwear lines no matter what you do! Not the biggest concern for parents and some, but most girls will do anything they can not to have underwear lines and are really embarrassed when there are dozens of pictures where it looks like the outline of underwear. Happened to my friend last season.
The leotard GT and probably many other gyms are getting is going to be more of a "biketard" like this:
19pl47.jpg

so there will be minimal underwear lines.

I'm actually nervous for this Stingrays uniform.

I'll be sad if we don't get to say "Why can XYZ Allstars uniform be clean, classy but still pretty like Stingrays!?" anymore.

we'll never have an un-classy uni lol. out of the box can mean plenty of things :)

Honestly, no matter what type of leotard it was, I would absolutely hate wearing one under my uni. Every one I have tried on is very uncomfortable or unflattering. I can't imagine competing in it. I would much rather maybe have to pull my top down. Okay done being a hater :p

My team I was on for nationals wears crops but we have the option to wear a black leotard underneath if we are not comfortable. I bought a leo and was going to wear it until one of my coaches mentioned about how hard it is to go to the loo before you go on especially if your one that does the nervous tinkle.
So I went with wearing the crop without a leo so I didnt think about needing a wee during my routine instead of putting on a show and keeping the stunts up!

But it will probably be a lot of potty accidents. The poor kid would basically have to get naked in the bathroom just to take a tinkle.
I used to think this too but we had leos last year and our little ones did just fine! We didnt even have crotch snaps, it zipped about 1/3 of the way down the back, so it was harder than snaps and we had no accidents. I'm sure with snaps they'll be fine! Sure it was a little annoying but it was worth it to not have to pull your top down all the time.
And I find leos infinitely more flattering than awkward pale stomach shots.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My team I was on for nationals wears crops but we have the option to wear a black leotard underneath if we are not comfortable. I bought a leo and was going to wear it until one of my coaches mentioned about how hard it is to go to the loo before you go on especially if your one that does the nervous tinkle.
So I went with wearing the crop without a leo so I didnt think about needing a wee during my routine instead of putting on a show and keeping the stunts up!
As a gymnast we wear leotards with ought snaps or zippers, just regular leotards and there is never a problem with having to go to the bathroom. In my opinion it is actually quicker to pull a leotard down then shorts and put it back on as you don't have to worry about adjusting it.

As a gymnast we wear leotards with ought snaps or zippers, just regular leotards and there is never a problem with having to go to the bathroom. In my opinion it is actually quicker to pull a leotard down then shorts and put it back on as you don't have to worry about adjusting it.

mu issue was my leo was more of a dance kind with a built in bra so i would have to undo the bra without undoing the sports bra underneath and I would of had a crop top over the leo

Back