All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay, I understand the whole bra-brigade thing and what-not... BUT my only question is, women go out all the time in dresses and outfits without a very supportive bra. It's not like these girls are practicing 8 hours a week in unsupportive tops. I'm not arguing I just don't really understand the quarrel with it all. I've had my fair share of being hit in the genitals(not often but it happens) and i'm not all of a sudden wearing an athletic cup to competitions....

Sorry, just a rant.

Okay, I understand the whole bra-brigade thing and what-not... BUT my only question is, women go out all the time in dresses and outfits without a very supportive bra. It's not like these girls are practicing 8 hours a week in unsupportive tops. I'm not arguing I just don't really understand the quarrel with it all. I've had my fair share of being hit in the genitals(not often but it happens) and i'm not all of a sudden wearing an athletic cup to competitions....

Sorry, just a rant.

When I go out, I'm not throwing tumbling passes or throwing people in the air or being thrown in the air (hopefully anyways). That's the main difference for me. I dance a bit with my friends when I'm out but it's not even close to the same kind of physical activity.

Sorry, just a rant.

You are right, you don't understand ;) Unsupported breasts doing high impact sports are a recipe for disaster. It can destroy your neck and back. It hinders you from being able to do your best performance, because you are worrying about wardrobe malfunctions. It looks bad and might distract the judges.

I question the judgement of any team who does not take their teams' safety into account. There is also an issue of comfort. I guarantee you that while you do not think it is important, girls of a larger breast size may not want to cheer for a specific team if they feel that they are not covered properly.

You are right, you don't understand ;) Unsupported breasts doing high impact sports are a recipe for disaster. It can destroy your neck and back. It hinders you from being able to do your best performance, because you are worrying about wardrobe malfunctions. It looks bad and might distract the judges.

I question the judgement of any team who does not take their teams' safety into account. There is also an issue of comfort. I guarantee you that while you do not think it is important, girls of a larger breast size may not want to cheer for a specific team if they feel that they are not covered properly.

Thank you for an actual EDUCATED answer and not just attacking my lack of knowledge. Makes much more sense now :)

Sorry, just a rant.
Yes there are many girls that CAN get by with a less supportive bra but what about the girls that are "gifted" up top??? They need support. So therefore gyms need to design uniforms tops that can fit all chest types. Not just small perky girls.

"WHO THREW A PINK CHICKEN CUTLET ON THE FLOOR"

okay, i'm sorry. i'll stop. :D

So, funny story but not uniform related. I did a parent team at cp old gym. One season our practices started about 5 weeks after I had my youngest daughter. I was nursing so I wore nursing pads in my bra to prevent "leakage" (I know, tmi). Anyway, I went across the mat to do my oh so fierce running cartwheel and one of them fell right out on the mat! One of the dads on the team was like I think you dropped something! OMG, so embarrassing. Needless to say, I taped them on with medical tape for future practices.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Sorry, just a rant.
As a member of the non-IBTC, I know for a fact that if they're big enough, you don't even do that. I have no desire to ever wear a backless dress. And often times, even women with smaller chests have some sort of support there (e.g bra that hooks around the waist, backless bra, etc) and I don't know if anyone already mentioned this, but it's also a comfort thing. It's annoying having them bounce everywhere (believe me, I've accidentally forgotten to change into my more supportive sports bra before practice before. It sucks)

As a member of the non-IBTC, I know for a fact that if they're big enough, you don't even do that. I have no desire to ever wear a backless dress. And often times, even women with smaller chests have some sort of support there (e.g bra that hooks around the waist, backless bra, etc) and I don't know if anyone already mentioned this, but it's also a comfort thing. It's annoying having them bounce everywhere (believe me, I've accidentally forgotten to change into my more supportive sports bra before practice before. It sucks)
Yeah one of my dresses for senior pics has a low cut back and I had to get one of those straps that makes the bra have a lower back... so uncomfortable. I'm glad I'm not having to do that on a regular basis! I just avoid backless things or end up wearing a normal bra and a bandeau over it. Which they don't even make bandeaus for "gifted" girls so even that is hard.
I don't even like wearing normal bras. If I could wear a sports bra 24/7, I totally would. :D

I have no say anymore.
My kid thinks she is going to wear the most recent black oo5 uniform from Cheersport? (in some weird far away universe) she is so obsessed with them. I use to hate uniforms you couldn't wear a bra with but I give up. I know like everyone says they wouldn't wear a uniform they couldn't wear an appropriate bra with but I haven't heard of someone quitting a high profile team yet because of it. I say if it's really an issue just wear a supportive bra and let your straps show. I've seen much worse.

Yeah one of my dresses for senior pics has a low cut back and I had to get one of those straps that makes the bra have a lower back... so uncomfortable. I'm glad I'm not having to do that on a regular basis! I just avoid backless things or end up wearing a normal bra and a bandeau over it. Which they don't even make bandeaus for "gifted" girls so even that is hard.
I don't even like wearing normal bras. If I could wear a sports bra 24/7, I totally would. :D
That has been my life this summer. I wore a regular bra maybe 15 times at most :D but the bandeau thing couldn't be more true. I've never tried looking but I'm scared they'll all be too small. One of my homecoming dress requirements is a lace up back so I can adjust for my chest

Wait a minute! You mean to tell me you boys are out there working out without proper protection, no way! I can see how you boys are not worry about your "jewels" popping out but the likelihood of that happening is ______, well I let you fill in the blank...
But, even the girls who are not that "blessed" feel they need the extra protection and God forbid, the "most blessed" athlete must have support, the likelihood of something popping is highly likely, particularly with the crop tops and with all the cameras, recordings and social media these girls will be subjected to relive the wardrobe malfunction over and over... So, it is very important that bras and supportive garments are provided for the uniform...

Last edited:
Back