All-Star New Uniforms 2014-2015 Season...just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But does it have to be as expensive as it is now?
I guess my largest issue is with the need to travel so much. One or two comps I could see but when you have dozens of comps in your back yard it’s tough to justify traveling to so much. I do see the necessity from a business standpoint. My wallet just doesn’t appreciate it the same way I do. lol

What do uniform prices have to do with EPs?
I don't think the two are related really other than being the two most expensive costs outside of annual tuition and travel. Our competition feed this year were well over 800.00, with their being an additional charge of 109.00 should your team have been chosen to attend the All Star Games in Vegas (my CP's team, fortunately, was not). Our uniform was 388. Our level 5 worlds team receives an ADDITIONAL and equally as expensive uniform prior to Worlds. It is most definitely - at least at the elite levels - turning into a cost-prohibitive sport. The question was asked, "does it have to be?" The answer is no, but because we as parents are willing to pay to maintain our elite status in this sport and industry, the price will not go down, and new gyms will keep popping up where it is most likely to be afforded. Cali Compton? No way. Cali AZ (in Scottsdale)? Yes please!! As an example, in my area, in Northen California, I could not count on both hands the number of gyms fielding teams this year, and there are a few with opportunities to go to Worlds. In my hometown, Albuquerque New Mexico, which is a comparable city in population but vastly different economic makeup, there are 2 gyms, and only one worlds team. It is not affordable there.

Another two for Kids Spot Cheer...
The one on the right is cute for the little girls but the left...no thanks. Not a fan of the nude mesh swirls or the nude mesh in general, ick.
Although it doesn't look that much like mesh, it looks more like nude fabric to me

2n0o94p.jpg

Why are the armpits on the left blue

I don't think the two are related really other than being the two most expensive costs outside of annual tuition and travel. Our competition feed this year were well over 800.00, with their being an additional charge of 109.00 should your team have been chosen to attend the All Star Games in Vegas (my CP's team, fortunately, was not). Our uniform was 388. Our level 5 worlds team receives an ADDITIONAL and equally as expensive uniform prior to Worlds. It is most definitely - at least at the elite levels - turning into a cost-prohibitive sport. The question was asked, "does it have to be?" The answer is no, but because we as parents are willing to pay to maintain our elite status in this sport and industry, the price will not go down, and new gyms will keep popping up where it is most likely to be afforded. Cali Compton? No way. Cali AZ (in Scottsdale)? Yes please!! As an example, in my area, in Northen California, I could not count on both hands the number of gyms fielding teams this year, and there are a few with opportunities to go to Worlds. In my hometown, Albuquerque New Mexico, which is a comparable city in population but vastly different economic makeup, there are 2 gyms, and only one worlds team. It is not affordable there.
I'm from NM, and lived in nocal for a few years. Did 5th dimension go to worlds this year? I know they got an at large but I didn't see them on the rankings for worlds.

i'm just...

i'm not even going to comment on that nude mesh swirl uniform. why does the same gym have two red/white/blue (+nude) uniforms and one black and gold? makes zero sense.

Their team names are colors/gem stones/something along the lines of that theme. The team wearing the black/gold uniform is called Gold. There's some method to the madness.

When we travelled for gymnastics we went to 1 out of state trip. All totaled our gymnastics seasons ran us around $5000 yearly up to level 7. Level 8 and beyond could have included regional and National comps that would have added more. Our All Star season was about $10,000 last season and included 4 out of state trips and looks to be around $12,000 this season. Granted this is personally my only form of reference comparatively speaking. I just see the cost rising exponentially each year more so than the other sports we have done in our family.
That's where I see each gym catering to a different clientele. Granted, I don't live in the Mecca of Cheer, but here we have different gyms with different philosophies. Some are local only, some have limited travel, and some like to see the whole continent. Gym shopping helps keeps personal costs under control---whatever your limit may be. It will take parents saying "no, we won't pay that" en masse for gyms to pay. As long as people open their wallets, the costs will rise. I see the same thing happening with my friends in hockey and ice skating.

Another two for Kids Spot Cheer...
The one on the right is cute for the little girls but the left...no thanks. Not a fan of the nude mesh swirls or the nude mesh in general, ick.
Although it doesn't look that much like mesh, it looks more like nude fabric to me

2n0o94p.jpg
The nude mesh/fabric goes dangerously high...: even if it's fabric why would you even want to create that illusion?

Back