All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It might be disgusting but you are naive if you think there aren't creeps out there like that. Why would anyone want a nude uniform? It promotes sexualization
You don't know anything about me to make that kind of comment. I'm the best person not to be naive, trust me.

But shame on you for generalising like that.

@King
This convo could take an ugly turn real quick lol
I refuse to let a forum poster ridicule me and think they are touching nerves. It's amusing to think that this particular poster has the audacity to suggest I would enjoy nude mesh on young ATHLETES for reasons I will not state.... I mean I have cheered, danced & competed for over 12 years, and coached and been a role model for girls in various gyms. I obviously don't match what they are implying, but that's a whole different subject.

And btw I thought there was a new rule suggesting background checks....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I don't see a problem with the uniform - I think the design is interesting. So long as it is durable and they have a way for it to look good on folks of all skin colors.

This is a sport with crop tops and short skirts... IMO if folks were really concerned with revealing uniforms, should probably start there. Our ideas of "appropriate" are socially constructed, often in problematic ways and applied inconsistently across people of different ages, races, and gender. I don't buy in to that groupthink.

I hope they work the uniform and that it's flawless!

I don't see a problem with the uniform - I think the design is interesting. So long as it is durable and they have a way for it to look good on folks of all skin colors.

This is a sport with crop tops and short skirts... IMO if folks were really concerned with revealing uniforms, should probably start there. Our ideas of "appropriate" are socially constructed, often in problematic ways and applied inconsistently across people of different ages, races, and gender. I don't buy in to that groupthink.

I hope they work the uniform and that it's flawless!
Nicely stated

Thank you

Just an observation but the assumption may have been made that that was you in your previous avi with the purple hair and boa, might have been the motivation behind the comments. Maybe the poster hadn't seen your other incarnations and didn't know that wasn't you in the pic.

You said you can't wait to see the uniform. It's weird to want to see a uniform that is all nude mesh regardless of gender. No one got up in arms when a male said he likes the touching in the thigh rubbing thread and we called him out. I think it is concerning for anyone to like mesh uniforms that simulate a naked body. I dislike most all star uniforms that have so much skin and sexualization. It is disturbing. The whole point of my post is why is a uniform like that necessary? it promotes sexualization.

Just an observation but the assumption may have been made that that was you in your previous avi with the purple hair and boa, might have been the motivation behind the comments. Maybe the poster hadn't seen your other incarnations and didn't know that wasn't you in the pic.
This is true.....

You don't know anything about me to make that kind of comment. I'm the best person not to be naive, trust me.

But shame on you for generalising like that.
You are taking this super personal. In general it is naive to think there aren't pervs out there and these uniforms makes me worried about the sexualization of cheerleaders.

Well...perverts don't need mesh to entice their inappropriate thoughts.

Anyway. I'm not a fan of mesh, but I bet we find this uniform to be a lot more modest looking than it appears from the bit we've been shown. It is very ice-skaty, which is weird...but that seems where the uniform trend is heading lately.

You said you can't wait to see the uniform. It's weird to want to see a uniform that is all nude mesh regardless of gender. No one got up in arms when a male said he likes the touching in the thigh rubbing thread and we called him out. I think it is concerning for anyone to like mesh uniforms that simulate a naked body. I dislike most all star uniforms that have so much skin and sexualization. It is disturbing. The whole point of my post is why is a uniform like that necessary? it promotes sexualization.
I think you need to chill a bit, we haven't even seen the whole uniform yet!
How do you know the whole uniform is all mesh? Maybe it's just the back? I guess you are going to think I'm a pervert because I can't wait to see the whole uniform!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are taking this super personal. In general it is naive to think there aren't pervs out there and these uniforms makes me worried about the sexualization of cheerleaders.
Yes I do take in personal. And I agree about sexualization. I like nothing of the sneak peek I saw.

^^ And yes, pervs don't need mesh amy1k. I totally agree.

I think you need to chill a bit, we haven't even seen the whole uniform yet!
How do you know the whole uniform is all mesh? Maybe it's just the back? I guess you are going to think I'm a pervert because I can't wait to see the whole uniform!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The whole back of the uniform is mesh I have an issue with that as well as open back uniforms. the vast majority of uniforms in here concern me. I think anyone under 18 should have a full top no mesh

Latest posts

Back