All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Back of CheerForce
fbjmzs.jpg
The back is WAY too open, IMO. Makes me sad. :(
#BringBacktheBacks

Double post because I don't want to drag this down, but I saw the 360 Athletics uniform that was posted a few (okay, a lot) of pages back in person this weekend and they are beautiful.

Can't speak for how they were on the floor (I was in the awards area) but they just looked great up close. So sparkly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double post (sorry) but this is exactly correct. In our race to be the next trendsetter we seem to have forgotten the the number one rule of uniform design is to compliment the action onstage.

I recently had a friend post a video of a dance/Acro/cheer combo routine and the dancers were wearing all black with strategically placed white striping. The effect was EVERYTHING. If they hadn't had those (very simple) costumes, the entire visual would've been lost and it would've just been a cool dance with some cool stunts. The costumes took it to the next level.

Rules for uniform design 101:
1. Arms should be covered. Naked arms will blend in and get lost in the visual effects. Motions will not look sharp and sloppy motions will look even worse.
2. The angles of the design should contribute to the angles of the routine. Cheer tends to be sharp and rigid so flowing lines don't really blend in and can mess up super sharp motions and transitional elements. Consider the types of movements you include in your routines before deciding.
3. Asymmetrical designs are cool but can make symmetrical formations and builds look slightly "off" even by a tiny degree.
It can make jumps look unintentionally lower on one side and motions uneven. Usually only a perfect team with perfect jump levels and motions can pull this off without major consequences. It's a bad idea for any team with average skill.

Just some things I always consider when designing. Besides fit, functionality and the advertisement effect of our uniforms, their first job is to be complimentary to our choreography and skills.

Waayyy too much logic for this thread. ;)

A local to me gym is doing the exact same thing to adhere to the new rules and make it so they don't have to buy new uniforms yet. I don't see how USASF didn't see this coming.

There's a local gym that has done that, except they have bling covering the nude mesh. It looks so odd.

isnt this the exact same uni as the cali program uni?

It's very close. Ours do not have the cut out in the middle there. But since this is a very popular neckline, I'm sure there are many unis that look similar to this one.

Lets all just take a moment to be thankful for the fact that they didn't make these out of lime mystique like their last shorts.
I was wondering if this was the same team that has had crazy uniforms in the past. That's the first uniform that came to mind when I first saw these ones.

Back