All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Please forgive the stupid question. But if a uniform works for a team, why redesign it all the time? Why not just keep it the same and order new ones as needed? Why fix what isn't broken?
Because.....fashion. You gotta be in trend.

Which I think is ridiculous for a sport that you have to be fashion forward. I've said it before and I'll say it again, with each new uniform on this page we look less and less like an athletic activity and more like a beauty contest who happens to do some flips.

Eta: and I mean that from an outside perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please forgive the stupid question. But if a uniform works for a team, why redesign it all the time? Why not just keep it the same and order new ones as needed? Why fix what isn't broken?
Not that I necessarily disagree, but from a different perspective, other sports do it as well. When I played travel soccer growing up we got new uniforms every two years, which isn't different than most cheer teams. I think it's also fun for the athletes to have the excitement of getting new uniforms every couple years.

Not that I necessarily disagree, but from a different perspective, other sports do it as well. When I played travel soccer growing up we got new uniforms every two years, which isn't different than most cheer teams. I think it's also fun for the athletes to have the excitement of getting new uniforms every couple years.
However, there is a big difference in cost $. When my son played soccer, his uniforms did not cost $380-$400 and he got 2 or more sets at one time (home and away game gears) even this did not cost anywhere near what they asking cheer parents to spend...

One thing I like is that after 3-4 years most members of the team are new so I like the idea of getting a new uniform to fit the new dynamic of a team instead of just giving the athletes hand-me-downs. Especially for well known worlds teams where new members may feel the shadow of former athletes. Of course this does not excuse the purchase of new uniforms every year, that's ridiculous

Also most uniforms don't last for longer than 2 or 3 seasons (especially the rhinestone and mesh covered uniforms that are becoming popular nowadays)

Yep, we've had three Rebel uniforms at three different programs, and all three have come with their own bag of replacement stones. One uniform had red, blue and clear stones on it, and the replacement bag had all three in it.
How did they hold up?

However, there is a big difference in cost $. When my son played soccer, his uniforms did not cost $380-$400 and he got 2 or more sets at one time (home and away game gears) even this did not cost anywhere near what they asking cheer parents to spend...
Not to mention soccer players aren't competing with each other on who can have the most innovative cut out on their uniform...

I feel like something has been off with all the CA uniforms the year. They all seem overly busy and the proportions look wonky. But I haven't seen them on stage yet so who knows

EDIT: Also not a fan of the huge waist and bra bands that are on a lot of their uniforms lately. Is that a CA thing or a rebel thing?
I think it's a Rebel thing. My daughter has been in couple fashion shows at competition wearing their crops and she says the wider band is comfy and stays put better. But she hasn't actually cheered in any of them. Maybe someone who has can chime in.

I think it's a Rebel thing. My daughter has been in couple fashion shows at competition wearing their crops and she says the wider band is comfy and stays put better. But she hasn't actually cheered in any of them. Maybe someone who has can chime in.

I bet the wider band is helpful (for lack of a better term) when the athlete is unable to wear a normal sports bra with their uniform. They seem to be more "supportive"

Because.....fashion. You gotta be in trend.

Which I think is ridiculous for a sport that you have to be fashion forward. I've said it before and I'll say it again, with each new uniform on this page we look less and less like an athletic activity and more like a beauty contest who happens to do some flips.

Eta: and I mean that from an outside perspective.

Agree completely! Why has this sport
Turned into a uniform contest?

Of course it's fun for the athlete to get new uniforms! But as a parent not so much!

I will say I like Wildcats new uniforms under the lights a lot more than I did when I first saw them. I don't know if anything will top their previous ones but it could be much, much worse.
722e4c5e1df42f02f46c346b83c47bf2.jpg

Back