All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I believe this is the photo you were referring to:
CMzPN-1WcAIKBD9.jpg

I'm not exactly sure if it was made specifically for insulin pumps, but it sure fits nicely...

Well Ill be, that device says "medtronic" .. I am a receptionist for the company that makes medtronic devices ! How cool !:D

unless your gym isn't in a new uniform year or has a lot of crossovers and use a program uniform so you get the convertible mesh stomach leo thing, i don't understand the "throwing mesh under a crop top" looking designs... Is it laziness to not take an extra hour to design a cohesive full top? do people just not know how to design full tops? I don't understand. Even if you want a mesh stomach, there are ways to incorporate it into a full top versus adding mesh to the bottom of a crop design. It's ugly.

unless your gym isn't in a new uniform year or has a lot of crossovers and use a program uniform so you get the convertible mesh stomach leo thing, i don't understand the "throwing mesh under a crop top" looking designs... Is it laziness to not take an extra hour to design a cohesive full top? do people just not know how to design full tops? I don't understand. Even if you want a mesh stomach, there are ways to incorporate it into a full top versus adding mesh to the bottom of a crop design. It's ugly.

As a designer for the Industry, I have so stand my ground on this. Yes we design custom uniforms, but it is the clients vision, not ours. 90% of the design process starts with the gym owners vision. Yes we will do our best to make them look great and match the theme of every gym, but it's not always easy. So when it comes to mesh stomaches, it is not the designer to blame. The gym owner wanted and requested it. A lot of it has to do with their budget too. They will want a gorgeous crop top, but then with the full top they don't have much of a budget left to get creative and have different panels of different fabrics.

As a designer for the Industry, I have so stand my ground on this. Yes we design custom uniforms, but it is the clients vision, not ours. 90% of the design process starts with the gym owners vision. Yes we will do our best to make them look great and match the theme of every gym, but it's not always easy. So when it comes to mesh stomaches, it is not the designer to blame. The gym owner wanted and requested it. A lot of it has to do with their budget too. They will want a gorgeous crop top, but then with the full top they don't have much of a budget left to get creative and have different panels of different fabrics.

i wasn't blaming uniform designers, i was 100% blaming gyms because at the end of the day they're the ones who have complete control/say over what their uniform looks like.

I mean I totally get that gym owners have the highest say in the uniform and but I'm sure there are some designers that do a crop top for a gym and then the owner needs a matching full top and the designer just throws a mesh leo under it.

I get budgets too, but is a mesh leo cheaper than just having black fabric on a full top? I'd think no because the leo is a whole new piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the main reason gyms are picking the mesh leo for underneath the uniform vs. solid fabric is due to crossovers and those aging out of the junior division next year. Not every parent is going to want to pay for a uniform and then have to buy another one when their child moves to a senior team the next year. Unfortunately, not all gyms have the options of renting a uniform and you can't always find someone willing to sell or trade theirs from previous years. Although I don't like the conversion leo, it makes sense why so many gyms have been using it for their uniforms.

Back