All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

aKP89i.png

Extreme All Starz Medium Senior 5 "5 Star" New GK elite custom uniforms! Thoughts?

Last edited:
Being on the older side of the senior age division last year and being what I like to referred to as fully developed and "gifted in the chest area" lol I did search for some very comfortable clear straps online and when I lost those I started using a single strap halter bra from target and that worked just as well for our uniform. While I agree some people who design these uniforms need to chill with the cut outs I feel like there is always a way to make it somewhat work for a 2:30 routine. I can help brain storm if you need an athlete perspective!:)

The problem is is its not just for 2:30, it's for a good portion of the day. My CP has to show up to the venue in full uniform, performance ready, even though they don't go to warm ups for two more hours. Then it's warm ups, compete, and if she isn't crossing she has to stay in her uniform until her awards are over. That could be an hour more or she may have to wait until the end of the competition for her awards. If she is crossing she will be in the uniform and bra for even longer. So yes, you can say you are only in an uncomfortable bra for 2:30 but we all know that isn't really true. I DO appreciate you offering help, and I am thankful that we were able to find an actual sports bra that worked for CP by the 3rd competition last year.

aKP89i.png

Extreme All Starz Medium Senior 5 "5 Star" New GK elite custom uniforms! Thoughts?

I like the tops, except for the cutout. It's just unnecessary and could pose problems for larger chested girls (front and back). I have never understood capris. I just don't think they look "competition ready" and much prefer a skirt or even shorts. But at least if there HAS to be capris, it's not a full top. Imagine how hot that would be! But overall if they filled in the cutouts and cut the legs off the pants, leaving us with shorts it would be good.

I, for one, welcome the day our varsity overlords enforce NCATA style uniforms across the board.
I'm not trying to get into a fight, but I disagree.
All star uniforms CAN be done nicely without mesh, excessive rhinestones, excessive mystique and cutouts. I think it would be nice if we had to have a certain neckline and shape/length of shorts or skirts, and then we can design on that. Some people like the glitz of all star and it would've a shame to take that away just because some coaches are horrible at uniform designing.

With the coverup rule I know so many athletes that don't even change into their uni till before warm ups, And then take it off after they compete or after awards(per coaches decision)

So I agree with for just 2:30, we can all make things work. If you wanna remove straps after/before you compete. I don't see an issue. As uniform are getting crazier, I cannot see this industry just going back to being in a basic neckline uniform. It's all about gym branding and their overall vibe now. My kids had a g neck uniform last year and I got so bored with them so quickly. You want a uniform to be a statement. We as parents and coaches can say this and that about other people's uniforms but at the end of the day, we can't stop them. I also find that not only being a coach but still an athlete, a huge majority of these kids love the uniforms with the cutouts and stuff(aside from dominatrix looking ones) The gifted girls make it work. I have also had a bunch of friends not even wear bras because their uniform supported properly (like it's should but I can't speak for companies slacking in that area). So I just personally think there's always going to be a solution and we can all make things work for 2:30. Dancers go through this same situation y'all, just 10x worse.

Also, I know personally that GlitterStarz matches a uniform neckline and can make a bra for it for team orders, Which is what so many companies should be doing. Which would be SMART.

I give mad props to Shawn from TO Couture for even coming up with that bra considering larger companies have not.

With the coverup rule I know so many athletes that don't even change into their uni till before warm ups, And then take it off after they compete or after awards(per coaches decision)

So I agree with for just 2:30, we can all make things work. If you wanna remove straps after/before you compete. I don't see an issue. As uniform are getting crazier, I cannot see this industry just going back to being in a basic neckline uniform. It's all about gym branding and their overall vibe now. My kids had a g neck uniform last year and I got so bored with them so quickly. You want a uniform to be a statement. We as parents and coaches can say this and that about other people's uniforms but at the end of the day, we can't stop them. I also find that not only being a coach but still an athlete, a huge majority of these kids love the uniforms with the cutouts and stuff(aside from dominatrix looking ones) The gifted girls make it work. I have also had a bunch of friends not even wear bras because their uniform supported properly (like it's should but I can't speak for companies slacking in that area). So I just personally think there's always going to be a solution and we can all make things work for 2:30. Dancers go through this same situation y'all, just 10x worse.

Also, I know personally that GlitterStarz matches a uniform neckline and can make a bra for it for team orders, Which is what so many companies should be doing. Which would be SMART.

I give mad props to Shawn from TO Couture for even coming up with that bra considering larger companies have not.

Why can't we "brand" our gyms with font and colour, instead of cutouts and necklines? I am not bored with a normal neckline if it has a nice design and I can wear either a normal bra or a sports bra. My uniform is one shouldered with a strap, but the strap doesn't line up with my bra so I have to tuck it under the shoulder, and we can't wear a sports bra because it will show too much. Some girls do wear one anyway, but I don't like my straps showing. (This isn't meant to be an attack, just my POV)

Why can't we "brand" our gyms with font and colour, instead of cutouts and necklines? I am not bored with a normal neckline if it has a nice design and I can wear either a normal bra or a sports bra. My uniform is one shouldered with a strap, but the strap doesn't line up with my bra so I have to tuck it under the shoulder, and we can't wear a sports bra because it will show too much. Some girls do wear one anyway, but I don't like my straps showing. (This isn't meant to be an attack, just my POV)
That's a question for every gym owner. Not me.

I get that you want a uniform that is unique and stands out, but all due respect, you probably aren't hearing about bra problems because girls aren't going to share that with a male coach. Most of the "custom" bras designed to go with these uniforms are woefully inadequate for anyone that actually needs a bra for support. If you cannot wear a real sports bra with the uniform, anyone C cup or larger is going to have pain while performing, with VERY few exceptions. They just aren't telling you about it, likely because they are already embarrassed by their chest size, and sharing it with a male coach makes it 100 times worse. I really think this needs to be a consideration in uniform design. CP's team has a one shoulder design that she can still wear a real bra with because there is a strap running across the open shoulder that conceals a bra strap. I have never seen another team with the neckline, so it is unique but bra friendly. There ARE ways to do nothing, it just takes a little more thought and effort.

As for changing right before and after, there isn't a single team in our area that does this. You come dressed at meet time and stay dressed until after awards. Senior teams will be the only ones with crops this year, so they will just put on jackets for the most part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back