All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I get that you want a uniform that is unique and stands out, but all due respect, you probably aren't hearing about bra problems because girls aren't going to share that with a male coach. Most of the "custom" bras designed to go with these uniforms are woefully inadequate for anyone that actually needs a bra for support. If you cannot wear a real sports bra with the uniform, anyone C cup or larger is going to have pain while performing, with VERY few exceptions. They just aren't telling you about it, likely because they are already embarrassed by their chest size, and sharing it with a male coach makes it 100 times worse. I really think this needs to be a consideration in uniform design. CP's team has a one shoulder design that she can still wear a real bra with because there is a strap running across the open shoulder that conceals a bra strap. I have never seen another team with the neckline, so it is unique but bra friendly. There ARE ways to do nothing, it just takes a little more thought and effort.

As for changing right before and after, there isn't a single team in our area that does this. You come dressed at meet time and stay dressed until after awards. Senior teams will be the only ones with crops this year, so they will just put on jackets for the most part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well said! I've rarely seen teams around here that allow their athletes arrive out of uniform at meet time and the city hosts a pretty large competition. Sure they may be in warmups if they compete late and are watching other teams, but once you have to meet your team, usually 2 hours before compete time, you are in full uniform ready to go.

Well said! I've rarely seen teams around here that allow their athletes arrive out of uniform at meet time and the city hosts a pretty large competition. Sure they may be in warmups if they compete late and are watching other teams, but once you have to meet your team, usually 2 hours before compete time, you are in full uniform ready to go.
We have to meet in full uniform, minus shoes. We can put those on there so they don't get dirty. We can have jackets or pants over the top but all our uniform must be on and ready. So it's not just 2.30, it's getting ready, travelling, meet, wait, warmups, perform and awards. But if you get there super early to watch, the coaches won't mind if you're not in uniform, but you better change before meet time!

With the coverup rule I know so many athletes that don't even change into their uni till before warm ups, And then take it off after they compete or after awards(per coaches decision)

So I agree with for just 2:30, we can all make things work. If you wanna remove straps after/before you compete. I don't see an issue. As uniform are getting crazier, I cannot see this industry just going back to being in a basic neckline uniform. It's all about gym branding and their overall vibe now. My kids had a g neck uniform last year and I got so bored with them so quickly. You want a uniform to be a statement. We as parents and coaches can say this and that about other people's uniforms but at the end of the day, we can't stop them. I also find that not only being a coach but still an athlete, a huge majority of these kids love the uniforms with the cutouts and stuff(aside from dominatrix looking ones) The gifted girls make it work. I have also had a bunch of friends not even wear bras because their uniform supported properly (like it's should but I can't speak for companies slacking in that area). So I just personally think there's always going to be a solution and we can all make things work for 2:30. Dancers go through this same situation y'all, just 10x worse.

Also, I know personally that GlitterStarz matches a uniform neckline and can make a bra for it for team orders, Which is what so many companies should be doing. Which would be SMART.

I give mad props to Shawn from TO Couture for even coming up with that bra considering larger companies have not.

RTx100000000000000000000000000.625

I'm not sure how to put it in to words but everything about this post is just so right.

Thank you. I can confidently say this is the most rewarding way to approach any issue. Like you said, this industry is going in a certain direction with uniform styles and it's not turning around no matter what anyone in this thread says.

Considering the purpose these uniforms serve, can we just embrace innovation and change?... Please?
tumblr_mohssa053n1qaywulo2_500.gif

I'm not sure how to put it in to words but everything about this post is just so right.

Thank you. I can confidently say this is the most rewarding way to approach any issue. Like you said, this industry is going in a certain direction with uniform styles and it's not turning around no matter what anyone in this thread says.

Considering the purpose these uniforms serve, can we just embrace innovation and change?... Please?
Innovation and change mean nothing when the health of athletes is put at risk just to be fashionable.

Last edited:
I have linked this before...but it is something to consider. The main purpose of an uniform are to cover promote uniformity among a team. Health and comfort should always come first.

Dove Campaign Reveals How Body Insecurities Hurt Girls’ Participation in Sports | Scribbler
I had to wear a strapless bra with my uniform. It did nothing to support me and often ended up just falling down. I actually felt more insecure wearing my uniform because I felt like I looked saggy or lumpy with my "bra" bunched down. As if teenagers need another thing to contribute to their body issues.

I had to wear a strapless bra with my uniform. It did nothing to support me and often ended up just falling down. I actually felt more insecure wearing my uniform because I felt like I looked saggy or lumpy with my "bra" bunched down. As if teenagers need another thing to contribute to their body issues.

That is exactly why bras need to be taken into consideration when designing a uniform. No one will be able to compete at their best if they have to worry about popping out during the routine.

Oh but "it's only for 2.30!" ;) Like that would even matter? Those 2.30 are the most important 2.30 of the day.. The rest of the day I really don't care how I look or feel, but for those 2.30, I want to look and feel amazing. I don't want to take my uniform off straight after because it's uncomfortable, I want to wear it all day and show how proud I am of my gym and myself.

I wonder what would happen if enough parents at a gym said "we want bra friendly uniforms so our girls don't have to suffer". Would the owners listen? My daughter is only 7 so this is not an issue for us right now, but I would be pi$$ed if she had to feel uncomfortable or embarrased doing what she loves because of some crazy uniform that doesn't cover a normal bra. :mad:

aKP89i.png

Extreme All Starz Medium Senior 5 "5 Star" New GK elite custom uniforms! Thoughts?

i actually really like this, its simple and pretty. i know people hate the neckline, but lets be honest its not the worst neckline we have seen in this thread, and to be honest there are only so many ways to do one, so saying its overdone is kinda pointless.

Sorry, not willing to sacrifice my child's health and well being so gyms can be "in style". I don't understand why we should be expected to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i actually really like this, its simple and pretty. i know people hate the neckline, but lets be honest its not the worst neckline we have seen in this thread, and to be honest there are only so many ways to do one, so saying its overdone is kinda pointless.
People hate the neckline not because it is overdone but because it isn't bra-friendly.

I don't care if every team has the same pretty neckline or back cut-outs as long as a proper, supportive bra can be worn.

Back