All-Star New Uniforms 2015-2016 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We are getting white uniforms. Some parents were like - oh, so it will be time for tanning beds [emoji15]
Me: No way.
Guess i will need to offer a spray tanning workshop for the parents [emoji23]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Is there no law in the states about tanning beds? In Canada, you have to be 18 to use a tanning bed.

Is there no law in the states about tanning beds? In Canada, you have to be 18 to use a tanning bed.

I suspect there are only state laws. In Washington State you have to be 18. I'm glad for the law (it's fairly new) because there is no way I'm letting my child in a tanning bed and now the law backs me up. I'm not a super fan of spray tans, but I let her get them for 2-day comps for now.

So you would put your kid in a tanning bed? :eek: I wouldn't, I'd rather deal with mess than cancer. But preferably neither of them!

Notice I used the word 'me' not CP. CP doesn't have a sensory issue like I do---I'm being dead serious when I say that just getting my clothes wet with rain makes me feel like I want to rip my skin off. I can't handle a spray tan for that reason and I wouldn't wish this sensitivity on anyone; if it was between a tanning bed or spray tan, I would HAVE to use a tanning bed or I'd be catatonic in a corner trying to peel my skin off.

ETA: I have no idea what FL laws are, but I know a minor can use a tanning bed with adult consent.

I suspect there are only state laws. In Washington State you have to be 18. I'm glad for the law (it's fairly new) because there is no way I'm letting my child in a tanning bed and now the law backs me up. I'm not a super fan of spray tans, but I let her get them for 2-day comps for now.
I'm only considering my cp getting a spray tan for the FL comps....... no one needs to be around her when the sun glares off her incredibly pale legs and blinds everyone in a 10 mile radius ;)

I think it is 16 in germany, but i'm not sure. And i never would let cp go to one - i'd rather spray tan her and deal with washing the uniforms with all the good advices i've learned here.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

IMG_2374.jpg

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg
I don't want to hear/see anyone saying that full tops can't be cute after seeing this or the numerous other good examples in this and other threads.

I'm claustrophobic so I can't stand the thought of being in a tanning bed. Plus I don't like the feeling of a spray tan or the smell so I don't do any tanning prep for competitions.
I live in Florida and tan easily so I never really had an issue with being super pale :rolleyes:

I'm claustrophobic so I can't stand the thought of being in a tanning bed. Plus I don't like the feeling of a spray tan or the smell so I don't do any tanning prep for competitions.
I live in Florida and tan easily so I never really had an issue with being super pale :rolleyes:

Lucky! My mom is Irish and my dad was Native American---I took after the Irish side. I don't tan, I turn red---if I want any color to hold, I practically have to bake myself into the ER.

I always feel like I am in a coffin. I am scared the top is going to drop and lock.

That much white is just a huge no go from me. I feel like your kids shouldn't have to get a spray tan to stand out and as someone with fair skin, I'd look way, way more Casper than normal trying to pull that off. White is bad!

I thought light colors make your skin look darker and dark colors make your skin look lighter? Or is this just something I told myself in high school?

Back