All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Of course they are allowed to do whatever they want, as long as they don't get a deduction for it. At that point they will have to decide how much their statement is worth.

I stand by the fact that I feel it's inappropriate and that it's our job as parents to stand up,and say that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By the looks of it you sound like you want them to get a deduction for it.....

By the looks of it you sound like you want them to get a deduction for it.....

Like I have any influence over that at all.....

But yes, I feel like it falls under the "exposing undergarments" part of the image policy. I HIGHLY doubt anyone has the guts to enforce it though.

I don't wish a deduction on anyone but I do wish the USASF would enforce the image policy.

Most of all, I just feel like we need to stand up for our young girls and their self image by fighting things we feel degrade that when and where we can, no matter how little we think they are, they all have a collective impact that can be much bigger than the sum of its parts.

How, exactly does one over sexualize ripping ones shirt open to reveal their bra?

It was more of a general comment.

In the case of the OO5 uniform, I see practicing in sports bras on a daily basis, taking off the shirt that is on top of it, etc. They see each other in sport bras all the time. There is nothing "sexy" there.

My opinion still depends on how it is done though. I need to see the choreography.

It was more of a general comment.

In the case of the OO5 uniform, I see practicing in sports bras on a daily basis, taking off the shirt that is on top of it, etc. They see each other in sport bras all the time. There is nothing "sexy" there.

My opinion still depends on how it is done though. I need to see the choreography.

I agree that there is nothing sexy about practicing in a sports bra. I see the video reveal completely differently. Someone posted the choreography upthread. IMO it still crosses the line.

Yes but we need to stop oversexualizing everything as well. There is a middle we need to find.
Agreed. But I have to add that when the line gets toed as often as it is in our sport, it becomes hard to not see sexual undertones in certain things, whether or not they're there (from my experience, they're there more often than not). Context/juxtaposition matter. Also we have to realize that while cheer is a unique bubble in the world of performance sports, we always have to maintain the mindset of trying to sell it to outsiders (AKA potential customers). OO5 is not some obscure team, they're OO5. Whats going to happen when a parent falls down the cheer rabbit hole and sees something like that? Or worse, a journalist (let's not act like our niche hasn't been discovered before)?

Im dang near the epitome of a very liberal leaning millennial and I don't understand how anyone can actually justify that 005 uniform is okay for anyone to wear.

Lady Jags look incredible, and I can't imagine all of the other TG teams getting new Worlds uniforms and not TGLC. I'm very curious and justifiably terrified what they could have under their sleeve.

Im dang near the epitome of a very liberal leaning millennial and I don't understand how anyone can actually justify that 005 uniform is okay for anyone to wear.

Lady Jags look incredible, and I can't imagine all of the other TG teams getting new Worlds uniforms and not TGLC. I'm very curious and justifiably terrified what they could have under their sleeve.
They already got the new Uni for worlds. It came out like a month ago.

This has nothing to do with uniforms but is another pet peeve of mine. Remember when an open team meant adults/almost adults? International level 5 now allows 13 year olds.....:confused: so back to the uniforms - your point is valid not only for those watching but for those doing.

To add to this I'm still dreaming of the day an Open Level 2 team are begging me to join them for worlds with my KILLER cartwheel, sometimes-don't-fall-over roundoff and if-you-lift-my-legs-for-me back kickover ;) I was definitely only on my old team to fly and jump haha

:wham:

Back