All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

....since the only word I can understand around the time they bend over at 2:35 is "reveal".... "No", that doesn't make it any better about young girls ripping open clothing and hitting a middle split immediately following. Let me please remind you this is at the direction of an adult to a child.

Please judges, out of the respect of young girls, draw the line.
This is what the music says: "Haters run, you won't go far. It's time to slay, of course, we're the star. Oh my gosh! You'll get a reveal. Double O Five, yes we are the deal!"

Not "reveal" as in anything provocative, "reveal" as in "Wow! Surprise, we beat you AND we have a surprise element!".

I can see how the tops can be interpreted negatively, but it's an overreaction in my opinion. We've seen far worse in cheerleading, not to mention this is what athletes practice in (and some compete in). We see it every day and applaud the cute sports bras on another thread. I don't see the harm.

Last edited:
I also may be off my rocker but I do not see a problem with it. They are not stripping, they literally have a super cute routine element. I don't think my 12 year old daughter sees this and thinks oh yes I want to take my clothes off. lol
Speaking of I can't wait to see how it looks at worlds!! So praying they make finals.. that division is tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is what the music says: "Haters run, you won't go far. It's time to slay, of course, we're the star. Oh my gosh! You'll get a reveal. Double O Five, yes we are the deal!"

Not "reveal" as in anything provocative, "reveal" as in "Wow! Surprise, we beat you AND you we have a surprise element!".

I can see how the tops can be interpreted negatively, but it's an overreaction in my opinion. We've seen far worse in cheerleading, not to mention this is what athletes practice in (and some compete in). We see it every day and applaud the cute sports bras on another thread. I don't see the harm.

Do you have a teenage daughter? If not I am thinking that's why you don't get the "overreaction" most of the people with a problem with it have daughters we don't want to see doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll say it. I think people are over reacting. Its sports bra. If your that offended by cheerleaders revealing a sports bra,why aren't you offended by the thousands of cheerleaders who run around in them come next weekend.
I get the ages of an open team are young. But can we even confirm that anyone on 005 is under the age of 17-18 years old.
Top gun is known for pushing the limits it really should not be that surprising.

Do you have a teenage daughter? If not I am thinking that's why you don't get the "overreaction" most of the people with a problem with it have daughters we don't want to see doing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be honest I dont think half the kids that will watch that routine and the reveal of the second top will even think twice or question how "inappropriate" the reveal is.

To be honest I dont think half the kids that will watch that routine and the reveal of the second top will even think twice or question how "inappropriate" the reveal is.

Probably not, given the current culture, but that's our job as parents, to teach them where the line is as society keeps pushing it. They don't have the judgment to do that for themselves yet.

I'm not comfortable with my 13 year old doing what I saw in the reveal video, period. While she lives under my roof, she won't or she will face the consequences.

What they are doing is VERY different than practicing in a sports bra. It is at its nature a provocative act, looking for a response, regardless of how they want to try to package it. Given this gym's track record the intent is clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not "reveal" as in anything provocative, "reveal" as in "Wow! Surprise, we beat you AND you we have a surprise element!".

"We've seen far worse..." and "I don't think half the...will even think twice or question..." are always thrown out when trying to justify anything inappropriate or borderline. The goal in AS should never be how far we can sexualize children before they deduct us for it. I respect this program on so many levels when it comes to creativity and new skills, but I do find it disturbing that we have these conversations every season when it comes to some of their uniforms. These are adults putting uniforms on kids. Beyond what a crop top and short skirt already "behold", we shouldn't have to discuss if it's too short, too narrow, too much cleavage, if there are going to be wardrobe malfunctions, if it resembles Frederick's of Hollywood, or has functions like strip club clothing. As far as, "seeing worse", I agree, but I'm not going to use that as my standard when hoping adults will make the right decision concerning kids.

Can anyone confirm that a team (any team, any where) has actually been given a uniform deduction for violating the guidelines?

**Aside from what constitutes stomach mesh for youth/jr team

Back