All-Star New Uniforms 2016-2017 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Many programs, including one local to us, won't allow that. Nothing can show other than the uniform

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's a shame. My program's uni had a shoulder cutout and you could kind of see a racerback bra but so many girls wore them anyway so we staged a coup. But then again they were pretty lenient in letting other things show like "skin colored" leotards if we weren't comfortable in the crop.

That backless uniform would be a huge no for my kid too. It tells me that whoever designed it, and the gym that purchases it, do not respect or care about my child and her feelings and body. Just say no.
Just thinking that is easier said vs. done. We have had new uniforms in the past that I paid a deposit on without seeing it while continuing to pay for practice, camps etc. I agree in general you get a sense of a gym, their values etc. but I am not sure a poor uniform choice means they necessarily don't respect their cheerleaders. And taste is subjective...

Not necessarily directed at you, but what would one do or say if the gym chose a new uniform you had a major problem with for your child? Not my circumstance at all, just a general question sparked by that comment.

Edited bc I quoted twice

Peace out! I love our gym but if they attempted to order a uniform like this, we'd be sayng "Bye, bye, bye." Thankfully we are with a program who I have full faith in never, ever attempting to order/create a uniform that I wouldn't agree with.

For 2015 nationals we finally got outr uniforms to be told we must wear a strapless or one shouldered bra. I simply told my coach that I will wear a supportive white bra and paint the straps with foundation so you can't see it from stage. I was already considering pulling out due to other problems so she could have stuffed it if she had an issue. I am an E cup so it is not an option to have a one shouldered bra.

Just thinking that is easier said vs. done. We have had new uniforms in the past that I paid a deposit on without seeing it while continuing to pay for practice, camps etc. I agree in general you get a sense of a gym, their values etc. but I am not sure a poor uniform choice means they necessarily don't respect their cheerleaders. And taste is subjective...
Obviously my opinion, but I think it does indicate a level of disrespect. That the gym is more concerned about the "look" and being different than it is about providing a top that provides coverage for those who need it. It's hard enough for some girls to wear a belly baring uniform, but exposing the entire back to the point where NO bra would fit crosses a line. The one shown above is absolutely over my personal line, I don't care of a uniform is paid for. Now the gym could be allowing girls to wear what they need underneath but for some girls, anything short of a full coverage sports bra will not work. I'm a G cup. When I cheered in high school we wore standard shells and I would double and triple bra underneath my shell to try to stay decent.

Obviously my opinion, but I think it does indicate a level of disrespect. That the gym is more concerned about the "look" and being different than it is about providing a top that provides coverage for those who need it. It's hard enough for some girls to wear a belly baring uniform, but exposing the entire back to the point where NO bra would fit crosses a line. The one shown above is absolutely over my personal line, I don't care of a uniform is paid for. Now the gym could be allowing girls to wear what they need underneath but for some girls, anything short of a full coverage sports bra will not work. I'm a G cup. When I cheered in high school we wore standard shells and I would double and triple bra underneath my shell to try to stay decent.

This 100%, it's disrespectful. My 12 ( almost 13) year old is pushing a C cup at this point. I was a DDD by my sophomore year. I wore 3 sports bras and sometimes a regular bar to color guard practice and with my uniform. It isn't appropriate to ask someone with that kind of chest yo go bra less, which us what this uniform does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheer Athletics Ohio are revealing their uniforms today, if I knew how to upload pictures I would but they posted a sneak peak

Last edited:
Saw this on my Facebook as part of a fundraiser.

13477787_1470342005.0132_funddescription.jpg

Saw this on my Facebook as part of a fundraiser.

13477787_1470342005.0132_funddescription.jpg
It's different but, if it works, then good for her. We have some neighbor kids that advertise on our neighborhood blog "I'll cut your lawn, and you'll help me pay for......" "I'll wash your car, and you'll help me pay for..." "Lemonade, to help me pay for...." I guess I'm more of a fan of that approach.

Speaking of fundraisers, some of these HS ones in our area are getting out of control. Gone are the days of the $2.00 candy bar, and now it's $50.00 pork butts. I used to be able to support some of these kids but, now I'd have to get a job to help them out.

Back