All-Star New Uniforms 2017-2018 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

these things are creeping up on stupid expensive.

Yes, absolutely expensive. But when you amortize the cost, it isn't as bad. Maybe you can explain it to parents this way.

Say that cp has a $400 uniform. She wears it to 10 comps and 2 other events, maybe a parade or other performance. At that point the uni cost $33 per wear. And since comps are all day, the hours per wear makes the cost go down. And since lots of people see her in the uni, the "views per wear" makes it even less expensive.

Personally, I compare that to when cp danced and she had to buy $80 costumes for rec level dance to wear in one end of the year recital that she wore for a few hours and only 100 or so other parents saw her in. Because I found that wasteful and I am not sentimental, I made sure to donate them so another child could use them for a halloween costume or dress up.

I know that most people don't think of things this way (amortization of cost) . But its one of the ways that I determine value.

Yes, absolutely expensive. But when you amortize the cost, it isn't as bad. Maybe you can explain it to parents this way.

Say that cp has a $400 uniform. She wears it to 10 comps and 2 other events, maybe a parade or other performance. At that point the uni cost $33 per wear. And since comps are all day, the hours per wear makes the cost go down. And since lots of people see her in the uni, the "views per wear" makes it even less expensive.

Personally, I compare that to when cp danced and she had to buy $80 costumes for rec level dance to wear in one end of the year recital that she wore for a few hours and only 100 or so other parents saw her in. Because I found that wasteful and I am not sentimental, I made sure to donate them so another child could use them for a halloween costume or dress up.

I know that most people don't think of things this way (amortization of cost) . But its one of the ways that I determine value.

True, but why pay $400 for a uniform when you can get one of the same quality that will fulfill the same purpose for much less if you take away some if the rhinestones and custom elements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly, the uniforms, to me, are about the least expensive things when you compare it to how much we all spend on things that really don't matter like practice wear, specialty bows, warmups, post-season specific apparel and all of the other doo dads we accumulate throughout the course of the season. I'd rather spend the money on a spectacular uniform that make the athletes feel and look like a million bucks on the floor than all of the other various insignificant things we tend to spend money on throughout the year. Plus, you get to wear them for two years! And the really well made ones last and hold up really well. Seriously, I paid about $75 for a pair of converse shoes that have my daughter's teams logo in bling on them and she's not even on that team any longer. I know, my own fault, but uniforms are the least of our problems. I say spend the money on what everyone actually SEES and makes them feel like champions.

I never have to justify uniform costs. Parents can't hand over cash fast enough for things like uniforms and custom gear. They may complain but they only do it while digging for their wallet.

Well, this parent would just as soon not have the ultra expensive uniform, multiple sets of expensive practice wear, custom bows for each occasion, and so on. But, as long as that's what the gym adopts, there are a lot of us who will suck it up and hand over the credit card.

And one thing I do appreciate is the numbe of uniforms coming with the bra they require. CP isn't to the age where it's all that important, but genetics say she'll get there, and I have memories of performance attire as a musician where finding a bra that worked at all was next to impossible.

Right! We cut back on the cost of our program uniform. It was interesting to see the reaction. A lot of parents wanted major Bling, but didn't understand the cost associated to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weird. You'd think they'd have the opposite reaction, since they are the ones paying for it.

All-Star Revolution Freedom SMIOC5
19702320_1115310741904385_9071660759654437159_n.jpg

Back