All-Star New Usasf Rules (4/5/12)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

<sigh> nice hearing from you USASF affiliated gym :)

Not everyone who doesn't think it's all a big conspiracy is in the USASF's pocket. These rules will affect a VERY small percentage of tumbler.

<sigh> nice hearing from you USASF affiliated gym :)
This is me personally.

Especially for gyms in NJ, they don't have that much of an effect. Besides world cup, how many athletes as a whole does this even affect in NJ?

Can someone clarify this for me. It only says that one to doubles are illegeal for standing so does this mean one to whip punch doubles and two to whip punch doubles are still allowed?

Not everyone who doesn't think it's all a big conspiracy is in the USASF's pocket. These rules will affect a VERY small percentage of tumbler.

here's a question, if they do affect such a small percentage of people, why so much attention being paid to it?? Also, it's a small group of people, why aren't they all in wheelchairs?? If you read their statement, they say an INORDINATE number of injuries in tumbling. but very few athletes perform skills at the level they've restricted. so if i follow their logic, every elite tumbler would have had a catastrophic (sp) injury at some time in their life. We belong to a gym that has a high number of elite tumblers....knock on wood, but i can say in the 5 years we've been there, i haven't seen many of these tumblers sidelined.

This is me personally.

Especially for gyms in NJ, they don't have that much of an effect. Besides world cup, how many athletes as a whole does this even affect in NJ?
Well maybe another question we all should ask is how many potential great athletes like a "Whitney Love" or a "Kiera" will we never see because
a) they drop out because it is not competitive enough
b) are on teams like Twinkles and never grow up to be Shooting Stars because they are bored, having reached their peak at 8?

Shocking as this may sound...there are many more teams in NJ than just World Cup that contain ELITE athletes...really there is.

Well maybe another question we all should ask is how many potential great athletes like a "Whitney Love" or a "Kiera" will we never see because
a) they drop out because it is not competitive enough
b) are on teams like Twinkles and never grow up to be Shooting Stars because they are bored, having reached their peak at 8?

Shocking as this may sound...there are many more teams in NJ than just World Cup that contain ELITE athletes...really there is.
I know there are. But I said what number of teams. This isn't meant to be mean, but I think the number of shooting stars with one to double is great than the number of other female athletes in NJ with a one to double. Boys are a different story. But I would say outside of WC there are no more than 30 Athletes with any of the restricted skills. And I would say within world cup there are definitely less than 30.

I know there are. But I said what number of teams. This isn't meant to be mean, but I think the number of shooting stars with one to double is great than the number of other female athletes in NJ with a one to double. Boys are a different story. But I would say outside of WC there are no more than 30 Athletes with any of the restricted skills. And I would say within world cup there are definitely less than 30.
and the rest of my statement?

What is the 50%+1 rule i am hearing about? If you have 20 kids on a team only 11 of them must have the skills to max out the scoresheet?

I am sorry that sounded snarky, I didn't mean it to sound that way....I really am curious to hear what you think about a) and b)?
Tumbling is a small part of cheerleading. If you only want to tumble, take up power tumbling like Kiara.
I doubt many people have double up immediate stretch, or three trick baskets to a double down. There are still a TON of things to be worked on. How about a double punch whip punch double in tumbling. That is still legal. I don't know many people that can do that.

There are still ways to push yourself without doing a full punch double or double punch double.

Tumbling is a small part of cheerleading. If you only want to tumble, take up power tumbling like Kiara.
I doubt many people have double up immediate stretch, or three trick baskets to a double down. There are still a TON of things to be worked on. How about a double punch whip punch double in tumbling. That is still legal. I don't know many people that can do that.

There are still ways to push yourself without doing a full punch double or double punch double.
Fair enough...

Fair enough...
I've talked to some elite tumblers at WC, and they have plenty to work on. These new rules aren't making them pack their bags because of about 4 skills total that aren't allowed anymore.

Back