All-Star New Varsity Scoring...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Simple. Have it broke down where if you throw 75% (15 out 0f 20) then you can score between a 9.5-10 range. IF say 18 throw it then you will get a 9.8. Execution still counts and should be half. So if you have 15 perfect tucks then it would be 9.75 after average while if you had 20 blah tucks you could score 9.5 average. Universal scoring system, would make this all go away. Then gym owners and coaches would get back to teaching basics and not worrying about changing for this or that competition.

shimmy shimmy shimmy!!!

I would LOVE to see 15 WELL executed tumbling elements score better than 20 where 5 of them are "barely there" skills thrown in just to get the "max" score.

I agree with BlueCat in saying it isn't as big of a deal as most are making it out to be, other than some lvl 2,3,4 teams MOST teams don't have %100 skill. My issue is for some reason tumbling is turning into the Devil!? I just don't get it. If %25 isn't that big of deal, then why do it to begin with? Yes, few people are affected by removing the "double/double" if so few are affected, why do it?

I'm sorry but I just don't understand the point? At "my gym" when selecting teams sometimes we may take a "non-tumbler" because we wanted the stunts. But that's my gym and my choice, what if other gyms don't want to do that? What if they aren't "strong stunters" but their gym tumbles better. And they are looking to make up their stunt scores in tumbling? I just don't get that to max out stunts you gotta throw 6 stunts (small team) but only 15 have to tumble, so in essence a stunt group doesn't have to tumble!? I don't get this.

I just want ONE positive tumbling ANYTHING, just ONE!

totally guilty of page skimming right now and i am yet to read the last two pages, but im just gonna say this now, i understand all the frustration with them both being scored the same as it is technically unfair. However i dont necessarily see this as "rewarding mediocrity" it gives athletes like me a break, i have ALWAYS been a strong stunter but starting cheerleading when i was in grade seven not even knowing how to do a cartwheel and still petrified of doing a bhs by myself (epileptic and have had one too many concussions) This rule helps me not getting placed on an extremely low leveled team when i can out stunt a lot of level five athletes. Now let me be clear i in now way mean athletes should just stop trying to tumble and progress they should be in the gym everyday trying to tumble and working their buts off.

Also wasnt everybody complaining that coaches push athletes too hard to tumble anyways? Wasnt that the reason 'why' the level five tumbling was changed this year?

all i have to say is you cant knock it before you try it.

Back