All-Star New Way Of Fulling Up (easier But Still A Fullup)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Curious how many have tried the new way of fulling up I just saw. It is quite fantastic and makes the skill markedly easier while still meeting all the requirements I have seen for a fullup to get full credit.

The flyer loads in and the side (some of you may know her as the main... lets just say the traditional spinner of the fullup) has their normal grip. The difference is the left foot crosses in front of the right foot and the main (again some of you may refer to her as the side but the base who traditionally had to let go of the foot) reaches around behind the right to grab the left heal. By doing this grip the flyer never loses contact with either base. The level of ease at which I saw someone hit a fullup with this skill is quite amazing (and a 1 1/2 up as well).

How many people have tried it?

I think we'll try it at practice on Sunday. I'm curious as to how flyers that are use to a regular fullup will handle doing it this way.

I think we'll try it at practice on Sunday. I'm curious as to how flyers that are use to a regular fullup will handle doing it this way.

Because there is no release it is more like how a halfup is done. Does it require skill? Yes. But so much easier. Like a ridiculous amount easier. Like the difference between running a mile uphill and downhill. Someone will still run the mile downhill faster than others, but the task of running itself is just easier.

We started doing 1 1/2 that way and we have been doing it that way ever since. From what I hear and can tell it is easier for everyone, flyers, bases and backspots.

Because there is no release it is more like how a halfup is done. Does it require skill? Yes. But so much easier. Like a ridiculous amount easier. Like the difference between running a mile uphill and downhill. Someone will still run the mile downhill faster than others, but the task of running itself is just easier.

haha I like the analogy. I understand the point of doing it. I'm just thinking our flyers are used to doing a full up using xyz steps, and I feel like once they learn it that way, it may be tricky to get in the habit of just standing up and looking to the front.

we have, and yes it is MUCH easier, and once it begins to hit consistently it is much cleaner

haha I like the analogy. I understand the point of doing it. I'm just thinking our flyers are used to doing a full up using xyz steps, and I feel like once they learn it that way, it may be tricky to get in the habit of just standing up and looking to the front.

It's hard to picture until you see it. But then it's a DUH moment.

Just set for a normal fullup from smoosh, then bring the left foot in front and across, and have the other base reach behind the right foot with their right arm and grab the heel area. Then just let it dip and unravel.

It's hard to picture until you see it. But then it's a DUH moment.

Just set for a normal fullup from smoosh, then bring the left foot in front and across, and have the other base reach behind the right foot with their right arm and grab the heel area. Then just let it dip and unravel.
That sounds like it would be a much easier and perhaps safer progression for brand new level three kids because the grips and stance etc are similar to half ups at level 2. I like it!

Ive seen it in person - it looks quite different but looks a little easier.Would love to see a video !

Outside of the two count smoosh it looked rather the same to me.

Back