All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

NOTE: If you suggest that Worlds should be smaller, then you need to also come up with a way to replace those funds lost from the USASF budget.

I suggested raising the daily ticket price and practically got booed off the stage.

Econ 101 needs to be a required course in schools.

moving it to Disney Land at the Anaheim place or whatever sounds way more logical and its still at a "Disney Land" for all the international teams to go see mickey, To be honest, i get SO SICK of seeing mickey when im there. Hes on EVERY BUS, every balloon, every billboard, every everything. I dont like getting people full of attitude when there saving seats when like 50 people are standing up. Its just not fair and its so annoying

I would be curious to see exactly how many people attending worlds are cheerleaders/their family and how many just came to watch. I would guess that most are cheerleaders/their family. Since that seems to be the most likely case, one of the easiest ways to solve it would be cut the teams that get bids. I know it is something for USASF to make money however if we want worlds to be the cream of the crop, the BEST teams in the world, and a prestigious event that will promote cheerleading as a REAL sport - teams need to be cut anyway; it is only a plus that it would make the venue less packed.

I cant really think of a venue that is better then Disney although I hate to admit it. (I have had enough Mickey in my past 12 years of cheer!)

California seems OK and may seem fair to the west coast teams that consistently have to travel, but when it comes down to it, they always have to travel because the MAJORITY of teams are from the east coast. Economically, it doesnt make sense to be on the west coast. East coast teams trying to save money COULD drive or bus to Orlando if they wanted, they couldnt do that to Cali and flights are almost double in price when comparing flights to Orlando or California.

Dallas seems OK, however it already hosts NCA and who really wants to go to the same city twice in the matter of 3 months? Same goes with Atlanta.

New York City seems like an OK location, a big attraction for international teams, many large venues, however travel to NYC is probably just as expensive as Disney or maybe even more expensive with the added danger of a huge city. Yes, Disney can be dangerous as well - but not as bad at NYC.

When it comes down to it, Disney is the most sensible even though the venue isnt working. If your smart, it will work for you. If you are THERE for cheerleading - you will get up at 7 am, get a good seat even if it is alot of teams you may not really WANT to watch, and you will sit there all day just to have a good seat later.

For the people who didnt make it to finals, went to the park or layed at the pool and then went over to the venue 30 minutes before large senior - did you really expect to get a seat??

Everyone is going to have reasons why they like and dont like each location, if it was up to me - worlds would be in the brand new CONSOL energy center in Pittsburgh so I could sleep in my own bed. However, thats not going to happen. I think it is best if it just stays at Disney and other things such as limiting bids are changed in order to give some organization to the event. Lately, it seems to me that USASF has been giving in to Susie alot: making 4.2, adding assisted tumbling???, making new divisions. I dont see hockey, baseball, soccer, and football doing this. If we want to be a sport, we need structure. I think it is time for USASF to stand their ground and say, it is at Disney, it is staying, DEAL WITH IT!

I suggested raising the daily ticket price and practically got booed off the stage.

Econ 101 needs to be a required course in schools.
I would boo you as well, BUT, not for the reason that everyone else did.

$25 for a seat that doesn't actually face the floor is silly.

Put worlds in a REAL arena with many quality seats, I'll gladly pay $50

I would be curious to see exactly how many people attending worlds are cheerleaders/their family and how many just came to watch. I would guess that most are cheerleaders/their family. Since that seems to be the most likely case, one of the easiest ways to solve it would be cut the teams that get bids. I know it is something for USASF to make money however if we want worlds to be the cream of the crop, the BEST teams in the world, and a prestigious event that will promote cheerleading as a REAL sport - teams need to be cut anyway; it is only a plus that it would make the venue less packed.

I cant really think of a venue that is better then Disney although I hate to admit it. (I have had enough Mickey in my past 12 years of cheer!)

California seems OK and may seem fair to the west coast teams that consistently have to travel, but when it comes down to it, they always have to travel because the MAJORITY of teams are from the east coast. Economically, it doesnt make sense to be on the west coast. East coast teams trying to save money COULD drive or bus to Orlando if they wanted, they couldnt do that to Cali and flights are almost double in price when comparing flights to Orlando or California.

Dallas seems OK, however it already hosts NCA and who really wants to go to the same city twice in the matter of 3 months? Same goes with Atlanta.

New York City seems like an OK location, a big attraction for international teams, many large venues, however travel to NYC is probably just as expensive as Disney or maybe even more expensive with the added danger of a huge city. Yes, Disney can be dangerous as well - but not as bad at NYC.

When it comes down to it, Disney is the most sensible even though the venue isnt working. If your smart, it will work for you. If you are THERE for cheerleading - you will get up at 7 am, get a good seat even if it is alot of teams you may not really WANT to watch, and you will sit there all day just to have a good seat later.

For the people who didnt make it to finals, went to the park or layed at the pool and then went over to the venue 30 minutes before large senior - did you really expect to get a seat??

Everyone is going to have reasons why they like and dont like each location, if it was up to me - worlds would be in the brand new CONSOL energy center in Pittsburgh so I could sleep in my own bed. However, thats not going to happen. I think it is best if it just stays at Disney and other things such as limiting bids are changed in order to give some organization to the event. Lately, it seems to me that USASF has been giving in to Susie alot: making 4.2, adding assisted tumbling???, making new divisions. I dont see hockey, baseball, soccer, and football doing this. If we want to be a sport, we need structure. I think it is time for USASF to stand their ground and say, it is at Disney, it is staying, DEAL WITH IT!
If you want cheer to ever grow as a sport than having the usasf saying "oh u paid to get in but u don't hav a seat, deal with it" is not gonna work.

Anaheim is a GREAT option. The Anaheim convention center is literally ACROSS the street from Disneyland for those who want to attend. I'm sure California Adventure could be used for a block party. There are tons of hotels, food options, etc. There are also VERY economical flights into Cali. The convention center houses a big arena, but also MANY different "halls" (these are BIG open spaces--similar to Cheersport). Each hall can be set up with its own stage/warm up area, and people could EASILY get to each stage, so multiple stages could run at one time...

The bottom line is that the event should not continue to be crammed into a venue that is too small. It is EXCITING that the event has grown so large. EVERYONE works hard to be there....and the loudspeaker announcements asking people to "get up and go watch from the baseball fields" are never going to work. People pay A LOT of money to be there--and are passionate about getting to watch in person. Not to mention--it is a major safety hazard. I'm waiting for the day that the fire marshalls actually DO shut down the event.

I hope some thought is genuniely put into this as the contract expires. We all work hard to "adapt to change" in our own gyms...I hope that as an industry we will put the same thought into the biggest event of the year.

I also believe that International teams travel for the EVENT...just like people travel to NCA. Lets face it--Dallas is NOT a the best city to host NCA. The hotels are difficult, food options are hard--and yet EVERYONE loves the competition...so everyone deals with it. I'm not suggesting that we choose a venue that people have to "deal with" for Worlds--instead, lets find one that actually CAN accomodate the needs of the competition. Regardless--the international teams will travel for the competition. Cali is not bad--good weather, disney, beaches, etc...Still a great place!

1. More east coast teams going to worlds may very well be a result of where the event is located, not necessarily a cause or justification. NCA has more Texas teams than east last teams in attendance because of where it is. If you rotated the event, it might be inconvenient for you personally, but you would get much more West Coast participation. I know that this board is pretty heavily populated with east cost cheerleaders, but that doesn't necessarily mean that this is a true representation of the population dispersion of the entire industry. Even if there are twice as many cheerleaders from the east than the west, then Worlds should be held in the east twice as often, not every single time because it is convenient for that section of the industry.

2. Suggesting that people should simply show up earlier and the overcrowding problem will go away is not a solution. I have mentioned this several times, and I honestly don't understand why it keeps being brought up as an argument. If 12,000 people want to fit into 6000 sweats, it simply doesn't matter what time they show up. if more people get there earlier, then it simply fills up faster. Arrival time doesn't change the number of seats no matter how you look at it.

3. Orlando is an OK city, but who wants to go there 12 years in a row?

4. Cutting bids is not a viable option unless you come up with an alternative way to fund the USASF budget. Worlds currently pays for nearly everything that the USASF does.

I own an All Star gym myself and I was just talking about this yesterday with my business partner and telling her a few ways that I think they could make the venue work better with more seating. Okay this is what I think. I do think that Disney is getting too small and I also think that they probably arent going to build a larger arena (which if they did would be the solution in my opinion). However. The USASF should try and find a way to use more of the seats than they presently use. They really only use about 3,000 of those seat after they put the judges in the prime front viewing, take off the back viewing for the back drop and block off the side view (which noone probably wants anyways) becasue the view is horrible. If they turn the competition the other way they will free up appox 700 more seats. Some may say "how is 700 more going to help" but I say 700 is better than nothing. Lets face it, they arent going to move it from Disney anytime soon. It would allow for more front viewing, some side viewing but more overall viewing. I know it would work if someone would listen. Plus it wouldnt hurt if they cut back on the number of teams. They could put all of the international divisions in the Jostens Center and give them a Worlds of their own. The only thing is they would need to put ESPN cameras in there also as the divisions that compete in there don't get the true Worlds experience. Many things they can fix. I have been running events for 30 years. Maybe not ones the size of Wolds but the ones I do run are in arenas the size of the milk house. The hard part is getting people to listen. I have been to every USASF meeting since the NACCC has started. Even before the USASF/NACCC merger. I normally stay off of fierceboard ( as you can see I have posted very few times) and bring all of my opinions and ideas directly to the USASF or event producers if it something that needs to be brought to their attention and very rarely does anyone listen and when you think they are listening they are really blowing smoke and then nothing gets done anyways. I think part of this problem is the USASF has to hire other people to help take some of the work load off of Les. He is in charge of EVERYTHING... Not fair to him at all. How could one person be responsible for all that he has to be responsible for and have time to tackle each problem. Thats my feeling on the situation. Maybe a lightbulb will go off and someone that has some pull will respond.

I own an All Star gym myself and I was just talking about this yesterday with my business partner and telling her a few ways that I think they could make the venue work better with more seating. Okay this is what I think. I do think that Disney is getting too small and I also think that they probably arent going to build a larger arena (which if they did would be the solution in my opinion). However. The USASF should try and find a way to use more of the seats than they presently use. They really only use about 3,000 of those seat after they put the judges in the prime front viewing, take off the back viewing for the back drop and block off the side view (which noone probably wants anyways) becasue the view is horrible. If they turn the competition the other way they will free up appox 700 more seats. Some may say "how is 700 more going to help" but I say 700 is better than nothing. Lets face it, they arent going to move it from Disney anytime soon. It would allow for more front viewing, some side viewing but more overall viewing. I know it would work if someone would listen. Plus it wouldnt hurt if they cut back on the number of teams. They could put all of the international divisions in the Jostens Center and give them a Worlds of their own. The only thing is they would need to put ESPN cameras in there also as the divisions that compete in there don't get the true Worlds experience. Many things they can fix. I have been running events for 30 years. Maybe not ones the size of Wolds but the ones I do run are in arenas the size of the milk house. The hard part is getting people to listen. I have been to every USASF meeting since the NACCC has started. Even before the USASF/NACCC merger. I normally stay off of fierceboard ( as you can see I have posted very few times) and bring all of my opinions and ideas directly to the USASF or event producers if it something that needs to be brought to their attention and very rarely does anyone listen and when you think they are listening they are really blowing smoke and then nothing gets done anyways. I think part of this problem is the USASF has to hire other people to help take some of the work load off of Les. He is in charge of EVERYTHING... Not fair to him at all. How could one person be responsible for all that he has to be responsible for and have time to tackle each problem. Thats my feeling on the situation. Maybe a lightbulb will go off and someone that has some pull will respond.

If we are forced to stay in disney, then you are right. They need to be using the rest of those seats.
That judging table makes it so the entire back row of seats that face the front are not used, no one can see back there, so no one wants to sit there. What if they judges had to sit on the floor, right in front of the mat? Kind of like where the coaches sit at now? Then we wouldn't have to have that HUGE table to make it where the entire back, facing the front can't see a thing. That would make some more seats, but we still need another venue. If it's the same way next year, with no changes, which im sure it will be, the fire marshall is eventually going to shut it down. Knowing tsunamis luck, it will prob be during their performance.

I think they would probably have to figure out a way to put the judges up in the stands. Im sure they could make a table area like they have now and would lose some seats but I dont think being on the floor is a good idea. BUT they certainly have ways to make it better and have the resources to make it better so I think they should take the plunge and do it.... Or if they could make a smaller stand for the judges and try and figure out a way to keep the judges where they are so it is not blocking all of those seats. Move the stageing back alittle bit more so they can utilize those side seats. Either way they can make it better by just tweeking instead of moving somewhere else. Becasue like we all said, They probably arent going to move it from Disney.

Latest posts

Back