All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mickey and Minnie Mouse Ponchos, just like at the parks. Organizers and spectators of other sports that compete outdoors are able to cope with rainfall and successfully produce multi-day events. Us cheer fans could stand to toughen up a little bit anyway:)

The stage would be covered, the warm-up areas would be indoors, the only people getting wet would be the spectators. The organizers could monitor the weather and have contingency plans in place. Actually, you could have multiple stages running. Two indoor stages, and one outdoor "super-stage" that features the most popular divisions to allow everyone to watch. Parents/familiy with kids competing on the super-stage get a VIP-like credential to move to preferred seating. This way you don't need to be running from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm on both stages. If you need to have a "rain delay" for 2 or 3 hours, no big deal, because you have downtime built in.

If it is hurricane-like conditions, then force it back inside and let everyone sit on each other's laps - or, more likely, make people stay outside because the fire marshall will be shutting it down as it continues to get bigger and bigger.

Just throwing it out there.

Mickey and Minnie Mouse Ponchos, just like at the parks. Organizers and spectators of other sports that compete outdoors are able to cope with rainfall and successfully produce multi-day events. Us cheer fans could stand to toughen up a little bit anyway:)

The stage would be covered, the warm-up areas would be indoors, the only people getting wet would be the spectators. The organizers could monitor the weather and have contingency plans in place. Actually, you could have multiple stages running. Two indoor stages, and one outdoor "super-stage" that features the most popular divisions to allow everyone to watch. Parents/familiy with kids competing on the super-stage get a VIP-like credential to move to preferred seating. This way you don't need to be running from 8:00 am until 10:00 pm on both stages. If you need to have a "rain delay" for 2 or 3 hours, no big deal, because you have downtime built in.

If it is hurricane-like conditions, then force it back inside and let everyone sit on each other's laps - or, more likely, make people stay outside because the fire marshall will be shutting it down as it continues to get bigger and bigger.

Just throwing it out there.

wow...really

wow...really

Tell me why it wouldn't work then! I haven't heard a good reason yet. :confused: Unless the Fairy Godmother can wave her wand and create a 10,000 seat indoor stadium, I think you need to go outside, or limit access.

If you dont think possible and likely rain storms are not a good reason there is no point to continue this.

Okay, somebody should call the Governor and cancel all outdoor events in Florida for the months of April and May, because rain storms are likely. I'll stop now. :D

1. More east coast teams going to worlds may very well be a result of where the event is located, not necessarily a cause or justification. NCA has more Texas teams than east last teams in attendance because of where it is. If you rotated the event, it might be inconvenient for you personally, but you would get much more West Coast participation. I know that this board is pretty heavily populated with east cost cheerleaders, but that doesn't necessarily mean that this is a true representation of the population dispersion of the entire industry. Even if there are twice as many cheerleaders from the east than the west, then Worlds should be held in the east twice as often, not every single time...

I tend to agree with this. I would LOVE for Worlds to come out West! Many of the other cheer moms I know don't even know what Worlds is (other than something shown on ESPN.).

At a minimum, I think it should alternate between a few locations. (Alternate between "Disneys" at least.)

An the argument for international teams...not sure of the number of teams exactly but I wonder what the split is of those coming from Asia and Australia where traveling to the West Coast may actually be more convenient.

I personally love going to Orlando from worlds and yes living in California it can be pretty expensive but it makes worlds more exciting for us, I've been going to Orlando for 6 years between uca nationals and worlds and It never gets boring or old!! The seating this year was bad but I'm sure they will come up with a new plan! We should be thankful this is happening cause it means our sport is growing :)

Import frogs, lizards, and other bug eating creatures to control the bugs? :)

So those parents who sit outside all day watching their kids in a baseball, softball, or soccer tourney won't do it because of bugs?

Bug repellent doesn't work?
Baseball, softball, and soccer are "OUTSIDE" sports and to my knowledge can not be played inside. Cheer is basically an "INDOOR" sport, I don't see it making sense to move an indoor sport outside in a place its likely to rain. So enough with your sarcasm already.

Baseball, softball, and soccer are "OUTSIDE" sports and to my knowledge can not be played inside. Cheer is basically an "INDOOR" sport, I don't see it making sense to move an indoor sport outside in a place its likely to rain. So enough with your sarcasm already.
NCA college nationals are outside on the beach in Daytona and it is awesome.. So idk why ur throwin a fit.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

What if the competition was outside like at college nationals.. I mean even the baseball fiend would work. And people wouldn't be crammed into a building

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
i could stand alone here, but i would HATE (with a passion) competing outside. to be honest i think its just dangerous. Plus, worlds isnt something you could just reschedule if the weather doesnt cooperate

I was at a comp at the bandstand ( the place they have NCA college nationals). The weather was so bad. The wind blew the mat almost off the stage with a team on it! It was scary. It's poured about 3 mins after awards . Florida is not the place for outside completions.

Back