All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I like the whole Disney aspect of worlds. I just wish they would build something for worlds.

build a bigger area like jostens, you can get more people in there standing up then you can sitting down!

hopefully taking out 1/3 of the at large bids will decrease the number of teams attending and people there. I like the idea of Atlanta but Congress hall really doesn't have an ideal set up either.. Sure it's big but no real arena. I'm a HUGE disney fan but moving it around the county is a neat idea. Disney is just to so easy with transportation, entertainment, etc.

The fact that this thread is 3 years old and instead of fixing the problem USASwtF keeps making it worse...... :banghead:

I said it in another thread - if there is a contract for Disney that they can't get out of there is an option for the overcrowding. The baseball field worked with the exception of going way over time and the sound issues, which can be fixed for the future, but had Finals been 24 hours later it would have been the worst nightmare ever since it poured all afternoon and evening on Tuesday. Given the fact you can not bank on having it outside, have a set-up for the athletes that received at-large bids to be able to watch it on the jumbotron IN COMFORT (i.e. not in the blazing sun in 96 degree heat or rain). Offer snacks, drinks, DJ - a block party like atmosphere. Do not let them in to the arenas unless they purchase a spectator ticket. I hate that anyone has to be discriminated against, but right now, the parents/family members of the athletes need to have priority to get in to the venues.

What about the parents that stay on the package or bought a hopper pass? What they need to do is make sure there's a priority/fan-viewing section on the baseball field as well if they want to do more there.

They need to do away with the 3 teams per country rule. Let the international teams compete again on Sunday if they don't move on. Or let them compete on Saturday in their own "Non-US Trials." Top 10 moves on to finals, regardless of country.

What about the parents that stay on the package or bought a hopper pass? What they need to do is make sure there's a priority/fan-viewing section on the baseball field as well if they want to do more there.

They need to do away with the 3 teams per country rule. Let the international teams compete again on Sunday if they don't move on. Or let them compete on Saturday in their own "Non-US Trials." Top 10 moves on to finals, regardless of country.

That makes way too much sense to actually happen

Not sure I understand what you mean by the bolded (it stopped raining but my head is still foggy lol). The parents of the at-large teams? Same thing should apply as the athletes IMO. Maybe make the at-large package and hopper slightly less expensive? The overcrowding comes from the at large teams wanting to see semi finals and finals. I wish they could all fit, because they are great support for the teams competing, but with the venue it isn't an option. And agreed, given the baseball field set-up a priority seating area is necessary.
Completely agree with the International division. Set it up similar to the Division 1 and 2 proposal so that non US teams could opt into the Trials maybe? I don't like that it happens in the Olympics and I don't like that it happens at Worlds. The best of the best should compete in finals.

Not sure I understand what you mean by the bolded (it stopped raining but my head is still foggy lol). The parents of the at-large teams? Same thing should apply as the athletes IMO. Maybe make the at-large package and hopper slightly less expensive? The overcrowding comes from the at large teams wanting to see semi finals and finals. I wish they could all fit, because they are great support for the teams competing, but with the venue it isn't an option. And agreed, given the baseball field set-up a priority seating area is necessary.
Completely agree with the International division. Set it up similar to the Division 1 and 2 proposal so that non US teams could opt into the Trials maybe? I don't like that it happens in the Olympics and I don't like that it happens at Worlds. The best of the best should compete in finals.

Yes but then it would basically be all US teams competing in finals and it wouldn't really be Worlds now would it? IMO I think the concept of having club divisions at Worlds just does not make sense it me. I understand that cheerleading is mainly a US sport, with it obviously gaining larger across the globe but it just does not make sense for a club division to claim they are world champions yet have only competed against their own country. I am not disregarding Worlds in any means as I think it is doing wonders for our sport but I just do not understand why club teams gain the title of "world champion" when really all they have competed against is their own country.

I'd like to see them take a page from CL and Majors that gave priority ticket purchases to parents first. In that case it was to offer you the best seat (at a price of course, we did diamond seats for CL but at least I had first dibs as a parent). Same with the majors.

Maybe they're armbands or different tickets or lanyards or something. But there needs to be a way to prioritize entry for parents first. I appreciate everyone who cheers on my kid's team but I have an expectation that if there's an issue I get to see him first.

Had Tuesdays weather been on Monday how would they have prioritized WHO got to be seated in the milkhouse? There wasn't any way to ensure parents for to see their kids as far as I saw and half that stadium wouldn't have been able to get in.

That's the biggest thing thy can develop an easy fix for right now as far as I'm concerned.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Yes but then it would basically be all US teams competing in finals and it wouldn't really be Worlds now would it? IMO I think the concept of having club divisions at Worlds just does not make sense it me. I understand that cheerleading is mainly a US sport, with it obviously gaining larger across the globe but it just does not make sense for a club division to claim they are world champions yet have only competed against their own country. I am not disregarding Worlds in any means as I think it is doing wonders for our sport but I just do not understand why club teams gain the title of "world champion" when really all they have competed against is their own country.

But it's basically all US teams competing in finals in the Senior divisions and there isn't an issue with that. Any country can qualify in the Senior division (I'm 99% sure, I think a German team and maybe a British team have done this?), but cheer isn't really at level 5, in this country at least, for that age range. It's still Worlds provided international teams can qualify and compete imo, and if they can't make it to finals from prelims/trials etc. then they're not in the top 10 in the world.

I can see your point but I think the 3 team rule is too much. I do love the International teams. I have been Team Jamaica for years regardless of skills. What about a happy medium and keep finals as is but allow 10 US teams if their scores would have gotten them into finals without the current 3 team rule.
However, no matter how many disagree with the current rule, I don't see it ever changing.

The teams from the US would compete against other countries in semifinals. It's not the competition's job to ensure that the top 10 scores may or may not be from the same country.

No the parents of anyone. How do you distinguish between parents and bid winners/athletes? Or at-large bid winners vs paid bid winners? What about level 6? Most EPs don't give out paid bids to level 6. I'm assuming you're talking about the SS and SC teams that compete in prelims on Saturday.

Parents need to be able to watch, but that doesn't mean they need a seat in the venue. Not all parents buy admission tickets. A lot of them have hoppers that let them in. Why do they get priority over anyone else? As long as there's priority viewing (like in the FieldHouse) that enters from the outside (so inside capacity is irrelevant) the seats should be a free for all.

Not it wouldn't. A lot of the teams in the top 10 during semi-finals were not US teams. IOC5 is probably the only division where it would be almost all US teams.

IO5 had 3 Canadian teams in the top 10 during semi-finals and one New Zealand team:

IO6 had 4 Canadian teams and 1 Norwegian (Cheer Sport Grey Reefs were in 10th and the 4th place Canadian team so they didn't make finals!)

IOC5 had 3 Canadian teams in the top 10.

IOC6 had one team each from Thailand, Canada, England, and Puerto Rico in the top 10:

The 2014 Cheerleading Worlds - Google Sheets

Last edited:
My biggest concern with Anaheim is that the convention center always books several events at once, if they agree not to that, it could be an option.

I'm still all for Vegas, it's not sin city, they host dozens of cheer comps every year. Real people do live there

They have a monorail system that takes you the length of the strip,
Valet parking is free at all hotels
Security is already in place you would never have the underage drinking situation like at the Allstar
MGM holds about 40k. You could have Two stages set up in one room
AIR CONDITIONED Practices
Great bargains on great hotels....4 star is like a 5 star in Orlando
Tons of free stuff to do
You could even earn free meal, show tickets, monorail passes etc on Vegas app
International teams can fly to LA for Disneyland for about 60 bucks, since that seems to be something they enjoy

The structure to handle the crowds is already there

Not it wouldn't. A lot of the teams in the top 10 during semi-finals were not US teams. IOC5 is probably the only division where it would be almost all US teams.

IO5 had 3 Canadian teams in the top 10 during semi-finals and one New Zealand team:

IO6 had 4 Canadian teams and 1 Norwegian (Cheer Sport Grey Reefs were in 10th and the 4th place Canadian team so they didn't make finals!)

IOC5 had 3 Canadian teams in the top 10.

IOC6 had one team each from Thailand, Canada, England, and Puerto Rico in the top 10:

The 2014 Cheerleading Worlds - Google Sheets
I agree with you, they should get rid of the 3 per country rule. Of course all teams wants to compete at finals, but it would be much higher prestige if you do make it to finals the "real way". Plus international teams usually don't have day 1/day 2 competitions, so I think a lot of teams wouldn't be that sad about competing just once.

Last edited:
My biggest concern with Anaheim is that the convention center always books several events at once, if they agree not to that, it could be an option.

I'm still all for Vegas, it's not sin city, they host dozens of cheer comps every year. Real people do live there

They have a monorail system that takes you the length of the strip,
Valet parking is free at all hotels
Security is already in place you would never have the underage drinking situation like at the Allstar
MGM holds about 40k. You could have Two stages set up in one room
AIR CONDITIONED Practices
Great bargains on great hotels....4 star is like a 5 star in Orlando
Tons of free stuff to do
You could even earn free meal, show tickets, monorail passes etc on Vegas app
International teams can fly to LA for Disneyland for about 60 bucks, since that seems to be something they enjoy

The structure to handle the crowds is already there
Yes yes yes about Vegas! I get excited just thinking about it, it would really be a perfect spot. Disney is not what is exciting about Worlds (at least not for my old team). They complain about going to Disney and they've been there just 1 or 2 times, lol!

Back