All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think moving worlds out of Disney is the right option. I think limiting bids and establishing tiered and privilege admittance is.

Disney is probably the few places in the US that is equipped to assist foreigners. There is less of a language barrier there which is super important in accommodating the international teams. Otherwise teams would have to bring translators if no one knows English. Also Disney has a huge transportation system to everywhere people need to get. The parks, the stadiums, the hotels, even the airports. It would be hard to find such a venue that offers all of this. Also, if I were a foreigner, I would be more excited to compete at Disney because hello, it's Disney! Disney is world renowned and draws a ton of people from around the world each year. If I was a foreigner, I'd also feel a lot safer and more relaxed in Disney. Logistically, Disney makes so much sense.

Disney isn't the problem. The way worlds is conducted is the problem. I agree with decreasing bids. That would probably cut down on spectators alone. It'd also make worlds a bigger deal. I agree with giving parents first dibs at tickets. Maybe USASF could include parent tickets with each registered athlete. Like they do with graduations. Each athlete gets 2-4 tickets for the session they compete in. The price of the tickets would be included with the registration price. Then open ticket sales for general admission based on how many parent tickets are bought. I think that would work really well.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

for people saying that the international team attendance would significantly drop because they wouldnt be able to go to disney, that is pretty insulting to suggest that the main reason why they come is to have a cutesy vacation where they can give mickey a hug and that theyre main driving force isnt cheer. do you honestly think they train all year long just to give mickey mouse a hug? isn't this supposed to be the "olympics" of cheer? when was the last time you heard of olympians saying "baaawwww i dun wanna go to sochi or london, mickey mouse isnt there!! :(", or for those that like worlds mainly because its at disney and its a nice vacation factor, when was the last time you heard olympians say "2016 olympics will be in tokyo??!?!! i cant wait to go to disneyland! :D i guess i can compete too while im there :rolleyes:" seriously?

when someone refers to something as a "mickey mouse fix", its because its being referred to as a fake or cheap. well, is cheer a mickey mouse sport (pun intended) or is it a professional sport with professional athetes? ill be frank, its time to grow up. this is supposed to be the olympics of cheer.

as far as location is concerned, what about the largest convention center in the US, the McCormick Place in Chicago? here is a PDF that shows the complete floor plan:
http://www.mccormickplace.com/floor-plans/pdf/mccormick-place-floorplans.pdf

heres an aerial shot of the hotels and the rail system that feed into the convention center. the other aerial shot is of the center and the other major buildings to the north that can possibly be utilized, such as soldier field. not sure what the two in between are. there is also ample amounts of grassy areas and a giant island for the cheerleaders to invade and can temporarily call it Cheer Island.

vexlpf.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think moving worlds out of Disney is the right option. I think limiting bids and establishing tiered and privilege admittance is.

Disney is probably the few places in the US that is equipped to assist foreigners. There is less of a language barrier there which is super important in accommodating the international teams. Otherwise teams would have to bring translators if no one knows English. Also Disney has a huge transportation system to everywhere people need to get. The parks, the stadiums, the hotels, even the airports. It would be hard to find such a venue that offers all of this. Also, if I were a foreigner, I would be more excited to compete at Disney because hello, it's Disney! Disney is world renowned and draws a ton of people from around the world each year. If I was a foreigner, I'd also feel a lot safer and more relaxed in Disney. Logistically, Disney makes so much sense.

Disney isn't the problem. The way worlds is conducted is the problem. I agree with decreasing bids. That would probably cut down on spectators alone. It'd also make worlds a bigger deal. I agree with giving parents first dibs at tickets. Maybe USASF could include parent tickets with each registered athlete. Like they do with graduations. Each athlete gets 2-4 tickets for the session they compete in. The price of the tickets would be included with the registration price. Then open ticket sales for general admission based on how many parent tickets are bought. I think that would work really well.

My biggest concern with Anaheim is that the convention center always books several events at once, if they agree not to that, it could be an option.

I'm still all for Vegas, it's not sin city, they host dozens of cheer comps every year. Real people do live there

They have a monorail system that takes you the length of the strip,
Valet parking is free at all hotels
Security is already in place you would never have the underage drinking situation like at the Allstar
MGM holds about 40k. You could have Two stages set up in one room
AIR CONDITIONED Practices
Great bargains on great hotels....4 star is like a 5 star in Orlando
Tons of free stuff to do
You could even earn free meal, show tickets, monorail passes etc on Vegas app
International teams can fly to LA for Disneyland for about 60 bucks, since that seems to be something they enjoy

The structure to handle the crowds is already there

I wanted to add I can't think of a place in this country that already has a built in infrastructure as good as Vegas in dealing with Internattional visitors both in their language and culture

vegas has great transportation to/from the airport. good food, entertainment options and I'm sure a huge arena or theather that can be used for the event. Can't imagine it being more expensive than disney either.

for people saying that the international team attendance would significantly drop because they wouldnt be able to go to disney, that is pretty insulting to suggest that the main reason why they come is to have a cutesy vacation where they can give mickey a hug and that theyre main driving force isnt cheer. do you honestly think they train all year long just to give mickey mouse a hug? isn't this supposed to be the "olympics" of cheer? when was the last time you heard of olympians saying "baaawwww i dun wanna go to sochi or london, mickey mouse isnt there!! :(", or for those that like worlds mainly because its at disney and its a nice vacation factor, when was the last time you heard olympians say "2016 olympics will be in tokyo??!?!! i cant wait to go to disneyland! :D i guess i can compete too while im there :rolleyes:" seriously?

when someone refers to something as a "mickey mouse fix", its because its being referred to as a fake or cheap. well, is cheer a mickey mouse sport (pun intended) or is it a professional sport with professional athetes? ill be frank, its time to grow up. this is supposed to be the olympics of cheer.

Agreed. I could care less about going to Disney. I'm at Worlds to compete and make finals. I want to be practicing and working on the little/final details while I'm there, not running around the parks and going on rides. I can do that on my own time. I do think the transportation being covered, having the facilities to house 10 000+ athletes (most of whom are high school aged) and the pace to hold it makes sense. Also, with so many teams out after day 1, the park offer entertainment for the athletes who aren't moving on. I'd still like to see it moved, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Agreed. I could care less about going to Disney. I'm at Worlds to compete and make finals. I want to be practicing and working on the little/final details while I'm there, not running around the parks and going on rides. I can do that on my own time. I do think the transportation being covered, having the facilities to house 10 000+ athletes (most of whom are high school aged) and the pace to hold it makes sense. Also, with so many teams out after day 1, the park offer entertainment for the athletes who aren't moving on. I'd still like to see it moved, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.
Sorry, I just really wanted an opportunity to use this! :caring:

Personally I'd LOVE to see it held at AT&T in Dallas. I just think it would be cool to set up 4 floors rotating and the jumbotron would be INSANE!!! However it's not going to go anywhere. They have made adjustments every year I just feel the adjustments are based on the previous season and once they get to the new season it's outgrown their preparations. Who knows what next season will be but just so everyone knows, it's not moving anytime soon.

Personally I'd LOVE to see it held at AT&T in Dallas. I just think it would be cool to set up 4 floors rotating and the jumbotron would be INSANE!!! However it's not going to go anywhere. They have made adjustments every year I just feel the adjustments are based on the previous season and once they get to the new season it's outgrown their preparations. Who knows what next season will be but just so everyone knows, it's not moving anytime soon.

We have been to competitions at AT&T, and it works surprisingly well, actually. 2 separate performance areas + extensive warmup is EASY with an incredible amount of fantastic seating. You could also do 4 floors at a time if you moved warmups to Arlington Convention Center down the street or set up tents outside.

Talking about finals at the baseball stadium:
Were all tickets the same price? Did they have "seat numbers"? I guess sitting front and center you had a much better view than on the sides.

Madison squer garden
My god I would love this. It would never happen, but I would LOVE IT.

People assume that cutting down bids will cut down on spectators. Not exactly. I know plenty of people who weren't competing on a team went down to watch. From up North- not Florida people. People who knew not one person on a team, didn't have a team from their gym go, etc. It's THE cheer event of the season. People will want to go if they have a reason to or not.

The question becomes- do we want to grow our fan base or not? Do we want this to just be for the athletes competing/parents? Do we want to only have fans from the teams who are already there? Because you could probably overcrowd worlds with athletes currently there alone.

I'm not at Worlds for Disney. Fun can be had almost anywhere. I'm there for cheer.

Talking about finals at the baseball stadium:
Were all tickets the same price? Did they have "seat numbers"? I guess sitting front and center you had a much better view than on the sides.
I was all the way at the top on the side and it was still a good view!

I will never have a child competing on a Worlds level team. I do have a child that would love to go as a spectator and has asked about going in four years as a high school graduation present/senior trip.

I don't care about Disney. If we go, I want to be able to attend and to watch everything that she wants to.

I care where it is strictly as a spectator. I don't think that I am alone in this.

Back