High School Nfhs Proposed Spirit Rule Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That was my reaction! Plus a large gasp and then crying session haha. But I'm not kidding. I freaked out. I normally can only double down. Nothing else

That's absolutely ridiculous. So now you can flip in pyramids but you cant double down??? I'll be preparing for lot's of boring stunt sections now -_-
I'm going to guess that this applies to baskets as well??

I am going to put in my 2 cents again... just cause someone doubles makes a partner stunt interesting and not boring?

How about entrances, flexibility, transitions, etc? So if a girl goes up to a prep and doubles this is now more interesting?? :)

Yes I am being a pinch sarcastic, but just b/c someone doubles does not by any means make a stunt sequence more "interesting"... Hey.. if they doubled and then reloaded into something else, that would be interesting b/c then the girls most likely would be doubling properly and not praying they even make it around 1 1/2 times :)

WOW. very exciting stuff. Thank you SOOOO much for posting this. Any idea when this will be finalized? You should keep us posted!

The only thing that bugs me, is the rules about airborn flipping in a pyramid. Since we need 2 bracers on each side, that need to have spotters, small and medium teams only have enough people to have one girl flipping at a time.

With all these rule changes, I hope that they get video's out there with examples of what is illegal, and what is not. Even with the simple rules about suspended forward rolls, there was many teams in my area that struggled to figure out what was legal. They kept getting told different things.

for medium teams that has 16 (4 groups) could you set up two preps across from each other and then the 2 flips across from each other so essentially your 4 groups are making a square and then each flip would have 2 bracers. It just says each person flipping nees 2 bracers, it doesn't say that they have to be different. or am I reading that wrong? I dont know if the angle they are at it would work anyway now that I think about it.

for medium teams that has 16 (4 groups) could you set up two preps across from each other and then the 2 flips across from each other so essentially your 4 groups are making a square and then each flip would have 2 bracers. It just says each person flipping nees 2 bracers, it doesn't say that they have to be different. or am I reading that wrong? I dont know if the angle they are at it would work anyway now that I think about it.

No, you are reading it right. That is perfectly legal. A level 4 team did that at my as gym a few years back. It was scary to watch every time since it looked like they were going to hit heads. And so they couldn't get much height because the bracers couldn't pull up all the way. Maybe someone braver than me can try it! Haha

My thing is is this going to actually happen this time.....apparently this has been up for vote for several years now....at least that is what I was told. I can't wait to see if it actually happens.....Also what does this mean for Middle school. They are not allowed to double anyway; but, will they now be allowed to do the inversions? I think routines will be more interesting with the inversions; but as someone mentioned above, Small and Medium will not be able to maximize on this because of their numbers. But it will be interesting to see how the various routines look with the incorporation of inversions.

My thing is is this going to actually happen this time.....apparently this has been up for vote for several years now....at least that is what I was told. I can't wait to see if it actually happens.....Also what does this mean for Middle school. They are not allowed to double anyway; but, will they now be allowed to do the inversions? I think routines will be more interesting with the inversions; but as someone mentioned above, Small and Medium will not be able to maximize on this because of their numbers. But it will be interesting to see how the various routines look with the incorporation of inversions.

From what I've been told the proposed changes go to the NFHS board and they approve them. There isn't a discussion or anything so if it makes it out of the advisory committee then it is passed. The last few years making double downs illegal did not pass the advisory board, this year it did.

From what I've been told the proposed changes go to the NFHS board and they approve them. There isn't a discussion or anything so if it makes it out of the advisory committee then it is passed. The last few years making double downs illegal did not pass the advisory board, this year it did.
Thanks for your rosponse.

I actually would like to see what they are going to consider "legal"... does that make sense? Only b/c I don't want to start working on something and then find out it isn't and then start breaking habits and get groans from the girls.... LOL

Back