Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which shoe is better for flying?

• Nfinity Vengeance

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Nfinity Defiance

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Aug 20, 2016
Hey everyone!! I'm new the the forum and needed opinions on which shoe to get!

I'm a level 4 flyer and tumbler and I just ordered a pair of the Nfinity Vengeance shoes, but after doing some research and watching reviews, people said these aren't great for stunting because there's no support. I ended up ordering the Nfinity Defiance shoes because I read that they're good for flying.

What's your opinion on either one of these shoes, and if you are a flyer, what do you use or recommend? Thanks!!

I've been a base and flyer, and I definetly think that vengeance is the best shoe for a flyer. I've never based a girl with defiance but I've based for girls who've had evolution and vengeance and vengeance is a lot easier to grip and stunt with. So I actually think they're great for stunting, and tumbling as well.

I am a base and I hate flyers that have vengeance. Unless they want to buy new ones every month the bottom wears out making them slippery. I have gone up to the parent of my flyer and asked her not to get the vengeance. I think they could be a safety issue if they ever got a little wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CP is a base and hates basing the vengeance because of the same thing. They get slick and wear out way too quickly. She won't wear them either because there is ZERO support for tumbling, and they just wear out too quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My CP is a flyer and loves the Defiance and I can say that her bases also liked them for they were able to get a good grip.

Update: I just received my Defiances today!! BUT, my toe is very close to the tip of the shoe, it's not too snug but it fits. Will it loosen up over time or should I opt for a half size up? It isn't uncomfortable or anything, just wondering what your experience are!

Update: I just received my Defiances today!! BUT, my toe is very close to the tip of the shoe, it's not too snug but it fits. Will it loosen up over time or should I opt for a half size up? It isn't uncomfortable or anything, just wondering what your experience are!

Assuming your foot is no longer growing, its a personal preference thing. CP likes her shoes to fit tightly, so as long as her toe isn't hitting the end tumbling, she is good. Some people like a little more room.

If it's made of a leather upper, it will stretch slightly as the material gives. I have evolutions, and my old pair has a bit more room in the toe than my new pair from being worn so much longer. If it's uncomfortable though, I'd go up a half size, cos it will take time

I love my Defiances!! thanks everyone :)

Looking at these for my daughter. She wanted the vengeance bc she doesn't like bulky shoes. Her coach actually told me not to get them bc she is a flyer and she doesn't like them for flying. She is also a tumbler. So I've been checking out the defiance. So my long story question here is, do you feel like the defiance is bulky? Did you order your street size? I've read different reviews varying from ordering a half size up to a full size bigger. Unfortunately we don't have anywhere locally to try on cheer shoes. Thanks!

I have the varsity last pass shoes, and I think they're the perfect middle ground between the vengeance and the defiance (and the evolution, for that matter). They aren't bulky so tumbling is easy in them but they still have enough structure to make stunting easy. mine have also lasted 2 seasons with only a few rips in the mesh, whereas all of my teammates have to get new nfinities at least once a year. I don't think they make the last pass anymore but they do have the last pass 2.0, which looks pretty similar to the original. I know most people get nfinity shoes but I really can't see myself ever getting them for two reasons:
1 there's no nfinity shoe that's versatile. you either get a shoe that's good for tumbling or a shoe that's good for stunting, but not both.
2 they don't last longer than one season, so you aren't necessarily paying for quality, you're paying for a brand name

Looking at these for my daughter. She wanted the vengeance bc she doesn't like bulky shoes. Her coach actually told me not to get them bc she is a flyer and she doesn't like them for flying. She is also a tumbler. So I've been checking out the defiance. So my long story question here is, do you feel like the defiance is bulky? Did you order your street size? I've read different reviews varying from ordering a half size up to a full size bigger. Unfortunately we don't have anywhere locally to try on cheer shoes. Thanks!

I don't think they're bulky, and I feel that they've made my flying extremely more stable. I originally ordered the Vengeances but after reading other opinions, flyers AND bases prefer the Defiances. I'm normally a W6.5 so that's what I ordered, but ended up exchanging them for a 7.

I have the varsity last pass shoes, and I think they're the perfect middle ground between the vengeance and the defiance (and the evolution, for that matter). They aren't bulky so tumbling is easy in them but they still have enough structure to make stunting easy. mine have also lasted 2 seasons with only a few rips in the mesh, whereas all of my teammates have to get new nfinities at least once a year. I don't think they make the last pass anymore but they do have the last pass 2.0, which looks pretty similar to the original. I know most people get nfinity shoes but I really can't see myself ever getting them for two reasons:
1 there's no nfinity shoe that's versatile. you either get a shoe that's good for tumbling or a shoe that's good for stunting, but not both.
2 they don't last longer than one season, so you aren't necessarily paying for quality, you're paying for a brand name

The Defiances are the most versatile Nfinity shoe. They weigh 5.4oz, whereas the Vengeances are 3.9 and the Evolutions are 6.5oz. They're actually designed for stunt control, and the halo technology in the Defiances are made to increase rebounding during tumbling

Thanks for the info! I will definitely check out the varsity last pass. I've read so much about the nfinities lately. I was questioning whether they were as good as some think or it was more of a name thing. I think that's why my daughter wants them so badly haha. Mom, everyone else has vengeance! :)

The Defiances are the most versatile Nfinity shoe. They weigh 5.4oz, whereas the Vengeances are 3.9 and the Evolutions are 6.5oz. They're actually designed for stunt control, and the halo technology in the Defiances are made to increase rebounding during tumbling

The increase in rebound is why I keep coming back to the defiances. She takes extra classes at a gym with a spring floor. Her squad uses dead mats. She learns on the spring then it feels like she has to learn again during practice. Thank you for the info on sizes.

Back