High School Nhscc 2018

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We are getting so antsy for a block schedule!!! It's so hard to plan your days!
Same...
I’m also very excited to just get there...
Killing us too!
In my experience the NHSCC schedule/order always comes after the UDA HS Championship schedule/order is released since that event is the weekend prior. Their site currently is showing nothing yet so we may have a few more days.. ugh!

Killing us too!
In my experience the NHSCC schedule/order always comes after the UDA HS Championship schedule/order is released since that event is the weekend prior. Their site currently is showing nothing yet so we may have a few more days.. ugh!

One of our other local schools had received their confirmation email, and I had not, so I emailed last week. The performance order will be released the week of the event. I asked about the block schedule, and was told they were trying to decide which divisions will go in which venue. She gave me a target date to have that out "sometime next week."

It's killing me. I do an itinerary for my parents/athletes/administrators, and I'm done with it except for Saturday and Sunday.

One of our other local schools had received their confirmation email, and I had not, so I emailed last week. The performance order will be released the week of the event. I asked about the block schedule, and was told they were trying to decide which divisions will go in which venue. She gave me a target date to have that out "sometime next week."

It's killing me. I do an itinerary for my parents/athletes/administrators, and I'm done with it except for Saturday and Sunday.
Wicked.
Yea its the new venue stuff. I was wondering when or if it would affect us.
Trouble with the new arena: if you use the big arena in that venue at NHSCC (for prestige) you still need tents because you only have HP and Visa (formerly Jostens). Then you still have the biggest cheer event in the world using tents. Or alternatively they use the new venue to house 4 arenas, like it was also designed for to avoid tents, but then keep the prestige stays away from the new venue because Finals will still be in HP. Quite the conundrum.

I just wanna know the time of day my prelims will be lol

Wicked.
Trouble with the new arena: if you use the big arena in that venue at NHSCC (for prestige) you still need tents because you only have HP and Visa (formerly Jostens). Then you still have the biggest cheer event in the world using tents. Or alternatively they use the new venue to house 4 arenas, like it was also designed for to avoid tents, but then keep the prestige stays away from the new venue because Finals will still be in HP. Quite the conundrum.

Ditto on just wanting to know times.

I vote for the latter in terms of venue options. Obviously I'll be stuck with whatever the electoral college decides.

Wicked.

Thoughts on Gameday? I just reviewed the results from all of the qualifiers, and 135 teams have qualified. I wonder how far away from having a preliminary round (as opposed to semis and finals) in some of the gameday divisions we are.

Same...

Thoughts on Gameday? I just reviewed the results from all of the qualifiers, and 135 teams have qualified. I wonder how far away from having a preliminary round (as opposed to semis and finals) in some of the gameday divisions we are.
I feel like the latter will be the result. Disney wants their guests out of tents asap.

Yea gameday is massive again and definitely complicates the schedule too. Almost like crossovers in All Star when teams do both. I bet we see Prelims next year. I just wonder if they will ever try to limit teams to just one side or the other, seems like it would hurt their overall financial plans but would make the event smooth for staff and participants. Hmmm

I feel like the latter will be the result. Disney wants their guests out of tents asap.

Yea gameday is massive again and definitely complicates the schedule too. Almost like crossovers in All Star when teams do both. I bet we see Prelims next year. I just wonder if they will ever try to limit teams to just one side or the other, seems like it would hurt their overall financial plans but would make the event smooth for staff and participants. Hmmm

I hope not. Gameday is a great way to reward those kids who have sacrificed as alternates all year and allow them to be on the comp floor with THEIR team (as opposed to having a second team). We would not participate in Gameday under those circumstances.

I have heard from a college coach that said the following
1. The backdrop at the new arena is a boring blue curtain
2. For college nationals they had 3/4 arena for dance and 1/4 for cheer
Music in dance side overpowered cheer side
3. No available way to test music
4.venue seemed rushed and not quite ready
5 NO practicing on grass by new venue
No tents where used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard from a college coach that said the following
1. The backdrop at the new arena is a boring blue curtain
2. For college nationals they had 3/4 arena for dance and 1/4 for cheer
Music in dance side overpowered cheer side
3. No available way to test music
4.venue seemed rushed and not quite ready
5 NO practicing on grass by new venue
No tents where used

1. This is easily resolved. They play a variety of sports events at the Fieldhouse, it doesn't always have a castle in it. The backdrop in the tents and Jostens center the last two years has been the same boring blue.

2. No dance for HS cheer nationals, but that might be an issue with four divisions going at the same time

3. I am unsure why they wouldn't have the same set up they have at regional competitions and nationals in the past.

4. I was expecting that, given I originally heard it wouldn't be finished until Worlds this year

5. That sucks

Not as many teams at college nationals as high school nationals. I've never been to college nationals before, and I am unsure if they've ever had tents.

1. This is easily resolved. They play a variety of sports events at the Fieldhouse, it doesn't always have a castle in it. The backdrop in the tents and Jostens center the last two years has been the same boring blue.

2. No dance for HS cheer nationals, but that might be an issue with four divisions going at the same time

3. I am unsure why they wouldn't have the same set up they have at regional competitions and nationals in the past.

4. I was expecting that, given I originally heard it wouldn't be finished until Worlds this year

5. That sucks

Not as many teams at college nationals as high school nationals. I've never been to college nationals before, and I am unsure if they've ever had tents.

All agreed ! lol
I would love to see a nice back drop
And my team is always in the dang tents... so the field house would be a step up lol

I am concerned about the music being over powered by another side of the arena [emoji51]

I think for the backdrop they plan to make it different by using those HD projectors. During the opening ceremony they had an image of fireworks and the college event logo up on what looked like a projector (could've been a banner or something too)

It would be cool if they used those fancy 3-D projectors that NBA teams use for their courts.

As for the sound thing, I imagine this will get fixed as more events occur there. When disney was planning the arena with us at varsity, a major item for a multipurpose venue was the ability to block out the other venue sound as event some of the industry's top venues struggle with that. Disney is very competitive. They will fix in time, but will they get that fix done by 2/10? ;)

Just hoping they work a lot of kinks out during dance nationals, fingers crossed

Found a photo of the background in use, def looks like a projector or even maybe an led/lcd?

Killing us too!

I always remember a block schedule coming out much earlier, but then the torture for a performance order kills me b/c the wait seems like years.

Back