All-Star No Pool Access?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

armycheermom

Cheer Parent
Jul 23, 2010
I was speaking to a friend who is upset with her cp's coach,because the coach set the rule that states, this is a competition, not a vacation. No pool access without the consent of your coach or director. As a parent I can understand why she is upset, but I agree with the coach; swimming should happen AFTER your the team has competed. What's everyone else opinion?

Completely Agree. We're like that with kids laying out,too. You may be in Florida, but you can't lay out before you compete. Also, we had a girl fracture her foot last weekend, because she got pushed in the pool. -__-

Something else to consider is chlorine closes your lungs. You can not breathe to full capacity. I would agree with the coach here, save your energy and lungs for what you are there for, the pool can come AFTER awards.

We have the same rule and I support it 100%. Same rule applied when I played softball.

i kinda agree, and agree with no laying out cuz the sun is poison to the body and drains energy, however, i know for 2 day competitions after day 1 of competing and walking around all day, i CANNOT WAIT to go to the hot tub. a hot soak sesh is scientifically good way to relax the body and make it recover faster, especially for sore muscles, and increases blood flow.

Idk if a hot tub sesh counts though, but usually the hot tub is in the same area as the pool... soo...

I know soaking in a hot tub helps my cp after hard practices, but I always checked with her coaches before she went down to the hot tub during competition days....Most times they were find with it, as long as it was ONLY the hot tub.
i kinda agree, and agree with no laying out cuz the sun is poison to the body and drains energy, however, i know for 2 day competitions after day 1 of competing and walking around all day, i CANNOT WAIT to go to the hot tub. a hot soak sesh is scientifically good way to relax the body and make it recover faster, especially for sore muscles, and increases blood flow.
Idk if a hot tub sesh counts though, but usually the hot tub is in the same area as the pool... soo...
This mom is upset, because she feels that, since she is the one paying for everything, she gets to decided when and how much her daughter can swim. I tried to tell her that her daughter is part of a team and if everyone felt the same way and did what they wanted to, when they wanted to, they wouldn't be a team...Just a bunch of individuals wearing the same uniform looking a mess. But you can't reason with stubbornness and the "all-about-me" attitude. :sigh:

Gotta be careful with hot tubs! You can cook in there, after all..

Pools can be dangerous, swimming too much can tire you out, and it's not a vacation, you're there to compete. Do whatever you want after, but you're not going for the pool.

I think the kids should be able to swim when ever they want (not conflicting w/ the competition). A cheerleading comp out of town makes a great vacation when your not at the competition. If a parent pays $$$ to stay at a hotel and the fam wants to go to the pool or beach, they should be able to go. There is no way my parents would make my sis and I follow that rule if we were still cheering...Never had a rule like that at my gym. I can understand a curfew, but that's a bit too much IMO.

were not allowed to swimming, no hot tub, no sauna, no rules have been made about laying out considering the warmest place we go is georgia and its not that warm but i can imagine no for laying out. a girl on my team hurt her neck while swimming, were allowed to after awards on day 2/ or when the compeitions over!

Back