High School Non-mount Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015
I know it means no stunting, but why? Non-mount teams don't know how to stunt or...?

Some team are exceptional at tumbling and want to win titles without having to worry about hitting any stunts.

The situation you described is more often the case for non-tumbling teams, since tumbling is much harder to acquire than building skills.

Some team are exceptional at tumbling and want to win titles without having to worry about hitting any stunts.

The situation you described is more often the case for non-tumbling teams, since tumbling is much harder to acquire than building skills.
Oh I thought most teams do it because 90% of the athletes on the team are "big and tall" and they don't want "big" people flying. Anyway, THANK YOU!

Not a whole state, but Ohio has a large contingent of teams in its non-mount division and a number of their non-mount teams place well at UCA.

Many conferences in Ohio require their squads to remain ground bound, I know that was the case with mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm fairly certain Nebraska can't stunt or do tumbling above a backhandspring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked them up online. They have two cheer divisions, one of them labeled non-tumbling. Presumably, the other division can do some kind of tumbling. I didn't look much farther than that, though.

I wonder if non-tumbling teams are more prevalent in more rural areas due to a lack of tumbling facilities.

ETA: I couldn't leave it alone. They are all "non-building" divisions.

Last edited:
I just looked them up online. They have two cheer divisions, one of them labeled non-mount. Presumably, the other division can stunt. I didn't look much farther than that, though.

I haven't been part of NCA for two summer now, but when I was on staff, no Nebraska schools could stunt. But that definitely could have changed since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No stunting at all, anywhere in our school system due to a 30 year old lawsuit a girl got hurt and stunting was banned as a part of the settlement.

No stunting at all, anywhere in our school system due to a 30 year old lawsuit a girl got hurt and stunting was banned as a part of the settlement.

Is your school in the non building division? There are some very talented teams who do it at nationals.

Back