All-Star Not Agreeing With Your Scores....what Do You Do??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Did you ever have this happen at a comp? that you just didn't agree with your scores? We just had this happen recently. I don't want to get into too many specifics because i don't want to disrespect the team that won. But when we get our scores from a recent competition, we felt they were so off the mark? Now i'm not trying to say we should have won, but based on our performance, and how we hit the score sheet & how our routine has been scoring all year it just didn't add up.
We did try to talk to reps from the comp. after the first day and we got our scores and standings. they promised they would look into it and promised to call us that night. ( they never did....). we went the next day before we competed again and they insisted they did review everything and felt the scores and standings were accurate & also said they called us about it....(they did not...they took our cell numbers, but they NEVER called us). they said yeah, you had some pretty shaky stunts and your flyers had bent knees (our stunts were rock solid...). they obviously had us mistaken with another team.
It's just so frustrating. And again, i am not even saying we should have won, but we definitely did not deserve the scores we got.

Reactions: Sie
I would talk directly with the owner of the EP and explain your position. Best case scenario is that they agree that you're right and they made a mistake. You then have to decide if you will accept it or not.

Worst case is that they completely ignore your request or give you an inadequate explanation. You then have to decide if you will continue to compete with them or not.

Be prepared to make some hard decisions.

We had something similar just happen at BATC. After the first day, they had our y2 listed in 1st. Second day, we hit the routine even better, and at awards, we tie for 6th!! We were ALL mystified. Our girls were heartbroken. When our coaches looked into it, (and they DEMANDED it be looked into asap) Coastal came back with "oh, we scored you wrong the first day". Now my question is this-they posted our scores, on their website, etc., do you think they should have honored that score? I personally do. They made a massive mistake and rather than let our coaches know, they surprise us at awards.

Money talks. Make a phone call and follow up with an email explaining that you won't be bringing your teams back to their events. Make sure it's clear that you aren't returning because the reps said that they would follow up and did not (not b/c you disagreed with scoring). It comes down to lousy customer service, and you're showing your displeasure by not returning (i.e. Less money for them).

BATC has lots of issues with scoring , Coach12's team is one of the most consistent teams in the gym and max out the score sheet...their scores always reflect this so it was shocking when this happened...like she said rock solid stunts and feedback didn't reflect their performance...stymied????

I had an issue with scoring recently. I'm having a meeting about it with the EP soon. In fact he mentioned a luncheon soon and will invite all of the local coaches to share their views. I think that is excellent customer service.

I had an issue with scoring recently. I'm having a meeting about it with the EP soon. In fact he mentioned a luncheon soon and will invite all of the local coaches to share their views. I think that is excellent customer service.
Would you mind sharing the name of the EP with us? It's nice to hear about this kind of effort being made by an EP.

It's Darren Demoss of WSA. They are based in Baton Rouge, LA.

Our gym has been affected by day one score changes twice this year. Two seperate comps..same situation. The team ended day one in first place.. The second place team complained and ended up getting bumped up to first. Both times it really brought our kids down and it was hard to get them back up for that days perfomance. It just seems unfair to everyone that they can't get it right.

I believe no one will ever get it exactly right. There are too many disappointed people in every division for everyone to agree.

That being said, I know the difference between any given Sunday and judging that is helter skelter. A team that consistently scores in a certain range should not suddenly lose points after a well performed (WITH increased difficulty) routine. Especially when you're competing on one particular scoresheet all year.

At a certain competition which I will not name, our s2 team hit with a couple mistakes here and there and were in third at the end of day one. The next day, everything hit perfect and we ended up taking third to two teams who had falls. I'm not trying to disrespect those teams I was just a little confused is all.

Our frustration is generally that we don't understand some results. That is different from saying we are certain that they are wrong.

Happened to my team yesterday...and multiple people from the other teams in our division were baffled by the results as well. I won't go into details, but I had a small talk with one of the competition reps and I was not pleased with the answer he/she provided because it really made no sense. Unfortunately, it is what it is and yes it's very frustrating.

BATC has lots of issues with scoring , Coach12's team is one of the most consistent teams in the gym and max out the score sheet...their scores always reflect this so it was shocking when this happened...like she said rock solid stunts and feedback didn't reflect their performance...stymied????
shimmy a gabillion gazillion times

Back