High School Not Approving Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm glad things are going good for u . My son is only 9 so he's totally new to all this .. But my parents give him a hard time about cheer class . I hope they come around too . I pretty much had to tell them to keep their opinion to themselves . He's my son & I support him 100 percent .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad things are going good for u . My son is only 9 so he's totally new to all this .. But my parents give him a hard time about cheer class . I hope they come around too . I pretty much had to tell them to keep their opinion to themselves . He's my son & I support him 100 percent .

We need more parents like you!

I wish I'd started earlier then my mom would probably had no problem with it. I feel like he will be an awesome male cheerleader even though I haven't met him.

Awe thanks for saying that . He tries hard & he practices a lot . He loves it & as long as he's happy I'll support him [emoji106][emoji4]

Who cares what they think. It is your support that is most important.

Keep up the good job.

**Can I be my own clique**

Okay here's an update:
My mom is so excited about me doing cheer now! I told my dad and he said that's why he spend more time with my brothers than me (like I care, he just started being a father towards me.....and is terrible at it). My grandma keeps saying I don't like it so I'm not gonna say anything. So......yeah! All I care is that my mom likes it.

Okay here's an update:
My mom is so excited about me doing cheer now! I told my dad and he said that's why he spend more time with my brothers than me (like I care, he just started being a father towards me.....and is terrible at it). My grandma keeps saying I don't like it so I'm not gonna say anything. So......yeah! All I care is that my mom likes it.
So happy for you!

That's wonderful! I wish I would get my mom to come around that easy! I definitely don't have the same situation as you, but I am trying out for high school cheerleading in June and my mom doesn't really approve... she doesn't say much but whenever I bring up how excited I am for it she always starts talking about the drama program at the high school which is what she did in high school. I have to do an activity going into high school so yeah... any tips on how to bring my mom around?

Back