High School Not Approving Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know! Reading different threads on Fierce Board where there are stories of pushy moms, my situation is totally different. My mom doesn't want me to fly, and couldn't care less about positions or what team I'm on.
Don't let her dislike for cheer deter you!

Your dad.... I applaud you for sticking through that and not giving up what makes you passionate. You mentioned your parents aren't together. Is there a schedule where you spend a lot of time with your dad? Is there any way you can get that changed? However it sounds like you are handling it way better than I would be in your shoes. Good luck!
I don't go anywhere with him because I barely know him and I felt like he treated my mom wrong when I was born.

I'm so sorry your father is not on board with you wanting to be a cheerleader. It sounds like he might never be okay with it. I'm hoping he does come around. You might just have to accept his disapproval. On the bright side your mom wants you to be one and very accepting. Btw did you try out yet or make the team?
Allstar tryouts are today and high school are Thursday - Friday.

Here's another update:
I show my mom a video about an former NFL player son doing cheer and she sends it to my dad. My dad text back and says "there is a difference between cheerleading and prancing elites. Right now he's a prancing elite." I had so many emotions go through me so I just froze. My mom could tell that it bothered me but I pretended like it didn't.
I had to google "prancing elite". But, I got the general meaning before I knew. Perhaps, if he doesn't want you to be a prancing elite, he should help invest some time and money into your cheerleading. No one starts out at level 5.

Good luck at tryouts!

Offer to cut grass, pull weeds, babysit, tutor, clean or do other odd jobs around your neighborhood. You may be surprised how quickly cash stacks up! Also ask your gym if you can clean or assist in any way for a discount on your tuition.

Okay so today was day 1 of try outs. We all changed and checked in for our number Next we ran 3 laps and walked one. Then stretched. After we stretched we learned the dance but when we got to the 4th 8th count all of the middles school band kids were dismissed for their concert. So I had to walk from the freshman campus to the main campus. While I was gone everyone learned the rest of the dance and the cheer. Thank god I have amazing friends who recorded the senior demoing the dance and cheer so I'm all caught up. But my dance needs work. So I will tell you guys how day 2 goes tomorrow

Day 2 was amazing!! I cleaned up the cheer and the coach changed the dance so I wouldn't have to do all of the girly motions. We worked on jumps and they put us in groups based on tumbling and non tumbling and what type of tumbling you can do. And we kept rotating stations until it was time to draw for the group we tryout for. I got group 24 so out of 31 groups. Then we practice with the people in out tryout group so we could get comfortable with the people we are with. So that's about it. Also I had to help fellow band members because they didn't ask for a video of the dance or tried to learn it at day two. Tomorrow is auditions so wish me luck!!!:)

Back