All-Star Nothing Like Bring It On

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate that the rules are so bent. Like one second they're doing full baskets and the next they're doing BHS. It's the same problem I have with Hellcats (where everyone throws toe touch baskets). If you were making a movie about football or soccer, they'd take the time to make sure that the rules were being done correctly. So why not for cheerleading? Why does nobody even think to ask how a comp is run, or even what they wear. It bothers me in the 1st one they wear crop tops and then in the 2nd one everyone competes in a string of pearls. Especially since at least some of the extras have to have been cheerleaders. The one about Allstar bothers me the most. The fact that they just "go Allstar" as if that's something you can actually do.

OH MY GOODNESS AND THE TALKING
they all talk during the routine. yeah fricking right

in fired up, they somehow communicate to the team that they are changing the pyramid. seriously??
i cant even breathe during a routine, let alone speak more than a few words.
sheesh

i think in fired up they were making fun of "talking in the routine" because it was basically a funny movie in general, but i understand what your talking about.

oh goodness yes! I was watching one last night and it was a high school routine with a bunch of illegal parts. I just sat back laughing saying " That's illegal. That's illegal. What the heck are they doing?!" Someone actually asked me if I was Bring It On good one time. I took offense to that.

The Bring It On movies bring me shame as a cheerleader. And Fired Up? Don't even get me started... I get hated on enough for being a cheerleader and wearing a poof. The stereotypes need to end!

My mom's trying to persuade me to watch Fired Up and I don't want to because I know I'll get annoyed at it!:help:

I actually liked Fired Up, because it was essentially that thing that straight guys WOULD do if they could get away with it: Go to a cheer camp, be surrounded by 'tons of hot girls' who just so happen to be constantly in shorts/sports bras, and the chance for them to be 'their naturally charming, witty selves' and 'get tons of chicks.' Never mind ignoring the actually cheerleading part, but sorta liking it. Thought it was stereotypically silly, but well written with EXCELLENT comedic timing. Even my BROTHER liked it, and he's picky about movies..

I get enough from all the boys in my school saying that cheerleading isn't a sport and such, then they always seem to say "it's just like bring it on....not a sport!" It makes me sooo mad, the newer movies they aren't even cheering the majority of the time, and like @AllstarObsession said how the heck can you be talking during a two and a half minute routine?? I can hardly breathe!! And i can always find myself say 'oh they need a deduction, OOB!. WHY are they wearing pearl necklaces and belly button rings when theyre performing? How can anyone do a routine with all of their hair down and not be a hot mess at the end? What in the janky basket toss? Some one please do something with their coreography! How can they be throwing stunts and baskets so terribly but have all the guys do punch through whip whip doubles?!!' :banghead: Gets me 'fired up' but dont get me wrong i love the first one, all the sequels just become a blur to me.

Since my young daughters love, love, love Cheer they want to watch all of the bring it ons. I wish they were cleaner. There are so many sexual jokes / inappropriate parts it makes me uncomfortable to let them watch it. Or I wish there was an alternative a different cheer movie/video out there for them to watch.

Back