All-Star October 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SSX needs to teach performance workshops in every gym across the world, every athlete just nails it. Its amazing how much bigger and better everything looks with 22 kids vs 20 kids. They will clean that routine in no time. I definitely see more skills than last year but still a ton of choreo I don't know how they do it all in 2:30 lol.

I'm with you on the 22 really filling out the floor somehow but the 38 for large teams is looking a cluttered mess. I know we've only seen SE/CE thus far, but this goes for all large teams utilizing the extra athletes, you better be CLEAN and SHARP or it goes downhill fast. SE also always has SO much going on but with even more bodies on the floor this can really help them or hurt them. Time will tell.

Who knew 2 athletes could change so much?

I think coed elite routine needs to be clean up a bit. It’s so hard watching the routine.

I do offer a bit of leeway when it comes to showcases since this is the first time a routine is performed in front of a crowd and such. Of course if it isn't hitting at comps or adjustments aren't made before then that's another story.

I'm with you on the 22 really filling out the floor somehow but the 38 for large teams is looking a cluttered mess. I know we've only seen SE/CE thus far, but this goes for all large teams utilizing the extra athletes, you better be CLEAN and SHARP or it goes downhill fast. SE also always has SO much going on but with even more bodies on the floor this can really help them or hurt them. Time will tell.

Who knew 2 athletes could change so much?

You can usually count on Rays and Panthers to keep it pretty clean and sharp when they hit. The more flashy routines (usually WCSS, F5 and SE) will have to watch the little things.

I don't know but Lady lightning doesn't look too good in my opinion. I don't like the formations during the baskets and something about the pyramide bugs me also.

According to CU that pyramid they performed was just a skeleton of sorts and was being changed the day after showcase.

I don't know but Lady lightning doesn't look too good in my opinion. I don't like the formations during the baskets and something about the pyramide bugs me also.

The very center part of the pyramid that is super creative lacks a transitional flow to get in and out of the stomach/circle position. To me it seems that they tried too hard to do a creative transition but don't have an easy unique way to get in to it so they just lift her up, she grabs one leg then the other, then dive through happens and then they ungracefully set her down on the ground.

ETA: grammar

Last edited:
Lady Lightening at ICE Showcase

Thunder at ICE Showcase

Lady Lightning are looking VERY clean. Only October and their tumbling is looking Worlds-ready.

Although I am really not a fan of that pyramid. Looks like it may be unfinished, so I'll reserve some judgment, but the transitions are just slow and awkward and there's really only one moving part at a time. It grinds the routine to a halt.

Did jumps go down to only having to be 3 to back this year? I'm seeing a lot of 3 jump combos is that the new max out?

Did jumps go down to only having to be 3 to back this year? I'm seeing a lot of 3 jump combos is that the new max out?
Yes, jumps are maxed out at either 3 connected or 2 connected plus 1 if I'm not mistaken.

Is SE only throwing 7 baskets? I'm so confused because at this point it's soooooo close why not just really try to go for it and add another.

Baskets are down this year. On a team w/ 5 groups you only have to throw 3 baskets (someone actually told me it was 2 and we were being safe so correct me if I'm wrong).

Back