Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't like how as a coach, you had to stand at the corner/side. or how the fan zone was at the side, but if u really didnt want to see it from the side, use the chairs at the front, they seemed to work well for me, and were fairly comfortable. I liked the practice gym! it seemed so big and bright. I haaated not having change rooms! especially cuz i had to be there to coach at 7am, and didnt compete till late so i had to get ready in the washrooms/weird primping stations. i loved how national champs got the longsleeved shirt and a BAG! lovee the bag!

and i do agree, teams were competing WAY to late (i was an athlete hat had to compete late) i HATED it. i say next yr they need TWO FLOORS!

oh and i also loved the background of the main stage, and the video quality on the screens and playback were AWESOME

Nationals was awesome! It was only my first year going, and I probably won't go again, just because I'm from VAS on the west coast. The one thing I thought was odd as an athlete was how I couldn't see my coaches at the front of the stage like they normally would be because of the fan zones on the side. Also, it was cool how it was in Niagara Falls because of all the tourism and stuff, but it was a very expensive trip.
I did love how there was barely a wait between warm ups and going on the floor! Everything went by so fast!
Overall it was a great experience and my team and I had so much fun.

There was a reason for the fan zone being to the side, maybe @TealisLove_Jenn could say why-since she was working there
the stage was also a foot lowed than usual b/c there were rafters and it was a "safety issue" - although no one ever came close to them -_-

Because of the height of the ceiling in the Scotiabank centre the stage had to be lowered from the usual 4 feet, to 3 feet. Which means if the fan zone was in the front like it normally is the judges view would have been obstructed. We got a lot of complaints about the fan zone being where it was, but there was really no way to change it with the venue ceiling height being what it was. As much as I loved Nationals being in Niagara, the Scotiabank centre was only an okay venue. I'm hoping the event can move back to the GTA next year, although clearly not at the Hershey Centre where it used to be held because we have very much outgrown it.
Also with the huge number of teams this year (almost 400) there was only a 30 second delay between teams, which meant 4 judging panels and almost no room for any mistakes in the warmup room or on the floor. I'm hoping with Canadian cheer growing the way it is, and the huge number of teams we saw coming from out of province this past year we can see two stages in the coming years!

Also if anyone does have any questions of suggestions from Nationals this year, I was staff at the event and am hoping to continue working with CE in the future, so I can definitely send you in the right direction for any questions or suggestions, or hopefully answer them to the best of my ability!

Also if anyone does have any questions of suggestions from Nationals this year, I was staff at the event and am hoping to continue working with CE in the future, so I can definitely send you in the right direction for any questions or suggestions, or hopefully answer them to the best of my ability!

Wine for the coaches gift? Really? lol In theory, Im sure to some people it was fun and different and so on, and I am sure some loved it. But for so many of the gyms, coaches are underaged, and many don't drink. This was a let down in my opinion.

Wine for the coaches gift? Really? lol In theory, Im sure to some people it was fun and different and so on, and I am sure some loved it. But for so many of the gyms, coaches are underaged, and many don't drink. This was a let down in my opinion.

We actually had a TON of coaches love the wine as a coaches gift. It went rather well with the Niagara theme of the entire competition. I found that between each team having two coaches there was always one of age, and if they didn't drink that there would be other coaches in the program who would gladly take the bottle of their hands. But I definitely see where you are coming from with coaches being underage. I found a lot of programs the owners came and picked up all of the bottles for their program and distributed them later (I would assume) rather then each individual coach coming to pick them up.

We actually had a TON of coaches love the wine as a coaches gift. It went rather well with the Niagara theme of the entire competition. I found that between each team having two coaches there was always one of age, and if they didn't drink that there would be other coaches in the program who would gladly take the bottle of their hands. But I definitely see where you are coming from with coaches being underage. I found a lot of programs the owners came and picked up all of the bottles for their program and distributed them later (I would assume) rather then each individual coach coming to pick them up.

Oh I picked mine up for my teams and distributed it later as well (well, as best I could), and at least a dozen coaches I talked to thought it was a bizarre coaches gift. So, the underage coaches just don't get a gift then? They don't count? Are not as important? Again, don't get me wrong, I GET the idea, jsut 100% don't agree with it. And based on the dozens and dozens of bottles left over, many others didn't either (and yes, I asked. the girl at the desk said they were bottles that people didn't want, not extras)

(You sould have seen the parents faces at the hotel when we lugged our bottles back that night. A few raised eyebrows to say the least lol)

If you guys have videos links from your recent comps, feel free to post them! I love watching other countries teams (especially since int'l teams seem to have a different schedule than we do!)

Can anyone point me in the right direction....

I need to call the USASF to get our gym membership. I've been told that since we're a Canadian team we need to call to get a reduced membership rate, but the only number I have won't work from my phone?? It says the call can't be completed. I just need to get this done ASAP as we have a few people including myself credentialing in the next few weeks

Can anyone point me in the right direction....

I need to call the USASF to get our gym membership. I've been told that since we're a Canadian team we need to call to get a reduced membership rate, but the only number I have won't work from my phone?? It says the call can't be completed. I just need to get this done ASAP as we have a few people including myself credentialing in the next few weeks

I would suggest sending a quick email to Angela Bruno-Jones who is in charge of the Gym Memberships for USASF and will be able to put you in touch with the right person.
her email is: [email protected]

If you get no response there I had the pleasure of meeting Karen Wilson at the ATC North West Regional Coaches Summit. She is the West Coast Regional Director for USASF and she was very helpful with any questions we had regarding the gym membership and athlete/coach credentialing. Although you don't fall under her region she would definately be someone willing to help you out.

Here is her information from the USASF Website:

[email protected]
(530) 409-8093

She said she is available by phone any time before 3 on week days and will most likely get back to you with in 24 hours.

Hope this helps!

Back