Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@chyeeaaa69 Perfect Storm is a first year CLUB, a first year TEAM, and their first year going to WORLDS :)
They opened in July 2010 in Edmonton. They are going to Worlds along with my team, Alberta Cheer Empire in Int Allgirl 6 :)

@chyeeaaa69 Perfect Storm is a first year CLUB, a first year TEAM, and their first year going to WORLDS :)
They opened in July 2010 in Edmonton. They are going to Worlds along with my team, Alberta Cheer Empire in Int Allgirl 6 :)

if you don't mind me digging,
where did these exceptional athletes come from? 9 stunts on an IOC team?!

Their pedigree is from Vic Coed HS which has been a powerhouse program in the West since the mid-1980s. Their coach has been around forever and she knows her stuff.

Transistions are messy
Arms in jumps messy
Could increase motion dificulty (specifically noticed this right off the bat in the opening) and dance
Timing issues/lots of dead time in pyramid

Really Nice tumbling timing
That guy tumbler is amazing!
Awesome Baskets!
overall great performance!

Sorry- i just noticed these things :p

but wow! a first yr club, im very impressed!

Ok...lets see if I can do this off the top of my head:
Absolute Cheer and Dance
VAS
Alberta Cheer Empire
Power Cheer Calgary
Perfect Storm
Cheer Sport Great Whites
Cheer Sport Grey Reefs
Cheerforce Wolfpack Golden Girls
Cheerforce Open 6
Cheerforce Open Coed 6
UCC Jags
UCC Panthers
PCT Cobras IOC5
PCT Cobras O6
PCT Cobras OC6
Black Widow
Flyers IOC5
Flyers O6
Flyers IO5
Galleons
U of Montreal
RND IOC5
RND IO5
Champions Spirit

A team from Saskachewan (that I don't know)

I'm missing 2 I think.

Though you do have to wonder if that little guy is 17.

hard to say, but of course (and not accusing anyone here) I wouldn't be surprised if a team put someone that talented on a team they can't be on, it's probably happened before and will probably happen again!

I just wanted to say safe travels to all of those heading to worlds and good luck to all those competing! Lets show the World what Canada is all about!
Also if anyone from Canada is going down to watch or compete definitely feel free to come say hi! As close knit as Canada is when it comes to cheerleading I'd love to meet more people from our country at Worlds!

hard to say, but of course (and not accusing anyone here) I wouldn't be surprised if a team put someone that talented on a team they can't be on, it's probably happened before and will probably happen again!

Can't see it, not for a team at Worlds when you have to be able to provide proof of age if questioned. Besides, I am 33 years old and more often then not, I get carded at bars, people think I am babysitting my 2 kids when we are out, and people tend to think I am one of my team when we are all together, not the gym owner/coach.

Looks CAN be deceiving.

I just wanted to say safe travels to all of those heading to worlds and good luck to all those competing! Lets show the World what Canada is all about!
Also if anyone from Canada is going down to watch or compete definitely feel free to come say hi! As close knit as Canada is when it comes to cheerleading I'd love to meet more people from our country at Worlds!

Yeay! My team didn't end up getting a bid, but we are all going anyway, talk about the ULTIMATE Team time (lol) so watch for lots of Canadian craziness from all of us!

Myself and @CSSharks.TealCheer went to go and watch Team Canada All Girl today at the shark tank and they are looking awesome! Kudos to all those ladies who have put in all the hard work this week. I can't wait to see them and coed take the floor this Friday at ICU's! Going for a 3-peat!

Myself and @CSSharks.TealCheer went to go and watch Team Canada All Girl today at the shark tank and they are looking awesome! Kudos to all those ladies who have put in all the hard work this week. I can't wait to see them and coed take the floor this Friday at ICU's! Going for a 3-peat!

One of my girls is on the all-girl team, she is really excite about ths years routine! Can't wait to see them hit the floor! CA-NA-DA-CANADA!!!

chyeeaaa69 said:
if you don't mind me digging,
where did these exceptional athletes come from? 9 stunts on an IOC team?!

Many of these athletes cheered on the Edmonton Eskimos CFL Cheer Squad for Diane Greenough, who is now the owner of Perfect Storm. This is one of the only pro stunt teams in Canada I believe. Most of the male bases are mid 20's and have 10+ years of coed stunting experience, having cheered for Victoria through their school years. Many of the flyers came out of retirement to join this first year allstar team. They have a few nationally ranked gymnasts, and YES, Max is 18 and can tumble his little butt off :)

I agree with the comments regarding the slow choreography... but remember this is a first year club with all previous experience in Canadian school cheer and football sidelines. They have room to learn and grow, as we all do.

Back