Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

OMG! Canadian teams did AMAZING this weekend!
Flyers with a FIRST PLACE!
and Great Whites With a 4th, 3rd after prelims
and Grey reefs in 5th, 7th in Prelims!
of of course others!
WOW

I was EXTREMELY impressed with all of the teams representing Canada this weekend. Tons of teams making top ten, and those scoring extremely well. Each and every team made a great impression of just what our country can do in this sport. We certainly held out own at Worlds this year and I think we showed everyone just what we are made. And we all know that Canada only continues to get stronger each and every year. Good luck to all the teams heading to CE Nationals in two weeks, it will be my first one not competing in 4 years, but have no doubt I will be there cheering my heart out.

Ok...lets see if I can do this off the top of my head:
Absolute Cheer and Dance
VAS
Alberta Cheer Empire
Power Cheer Calgary
Perfect Storm
Cheer Sport Great Whites
Cheer Sport Grey Reefs
Cheerforce Wolfpack Golden Girls
Cheerforce Open 6
Cheerforce Open Coed 6
UCC Jags
UCC Panthers
PCT Cobras IOC5
PCT Cobras O6
PCT Cobras OC6
Black Widow
Flyers IOC5
Flyers O6
Flyers IO5
Galleons
U of Montreal
RND IOC5
RND IO5
Champions Spirit

A team from Saskachewan (that I don't know)

I'm missing 2 I think.

Team from saskatchewan is Freedom Cheerleading a new club this year!

Glad I was there up front with my homegirls from FCQ and the Flyers family!!! Just amazing routines from BOTH their teams!!! brought tears to my eyes when they were announced!..

Totally didn't feel like Nationals! And food in Niagara falls is soooo overpriced... $20 bucks for an appitizer? NO THANKS!

I actually really liked it... I've been to Nationals for years and I thought the new venue was great! It was so nice and bright outside in the halls, there were LOTS of bathrooms, and we were able to have the awards ceremonies in the other room... I thought that it all came together very nicely. The food in restaurants was definitely over-priced, but there were also smaller restaurants in the area that weren't nearly as bad. Obviously, there are going to be kinks that CE will have to work out. BUT I think it was so so good overall. The practice gym ran SO smoothly, and I loved not having to wait FOREVER to actually compete after warming up!

I was both an athlete AND a coach at this event, and I was really impressed in both roles. I know that a lot of people are complaining about the judging... I did have some things that I didn't agree with, but I really think that happens alllll of the time, so there's not much that anyone can do about it!

See I didn't think there were enough bathrooms! :p and the seating was terrible, I just didn't enjoy the venue in general. Seemed like there were too many people for the convention centre, I competed wayyyy to late for my liking. But on the plus side, CE is stepping it up in the practice room

Ten PM is waaaay too late for any team competiting. Just sayin lol

I was not a fan of the coaches gift... half of my coaches are underaged, and the othr half rarely drink, so wine was a no go! They usually have great coaches gifts, and better athlete gifts. That was a bummer.

see i have split reviews while i did enjoy the practice gym - amount of time given to practice, and not having to wait around, staff was very professional moving teams around, and it didnt feel crowded because the room appeared to be bigger

i was however disappointed with awards this year having it in the separate room just felt super awkward to me, i also didnt like how we could not stand front and center to watch our teams compete having to view from the side was not the same at all i do like that they have continued the usage of the raised stage from years previous

I thought the venue was very small. This is NATIONALS! For my team its one of the most important comps we go to and I wanted it to be bigger. When I went to watch the senior team from my gym either you sat on the uncomfortable bleaches or the chairs which werent much of a step up. I would have preffered it to be at the Hershey Center to sum it all up :p

see i have split reviews while i did enjoy the practice gym - amount of time given to practice, and not having to wait around, staff was very professional moving teams around, and it didnt feel crowded because the room appeared to be bigger

i was however disappointed with awards this year having it in the separate room just felt super awkward to me, i also didnt like how we could not stand front and center to watch our teams compete having to view from the side was not the same at all i do like that they have continued the usage of the raised stage from years previous

I also agree with you about the awards ! I did not like it at all !

Back