Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Anyone can explain the drama with Flyers Smash getting a bid?
Theres no drama.
They got a bid handed down from CFTC because teams who got At-larges earlier in the season , received Partials this weekend.
People who don't understand that Cheer Evolution (and other even producers) do this created the drama. Smash chose to accept it (whilst others may not choose to be "handed" a bid in this manner).
Ignorance is to blame.

On another note, congrats to all teams that got bids this weekend:
Cheerfest Sat Feb 14
Partial: Flyers Notorious IOC5
Partial: RND Queens of heart IO5
At-Large : Flyers Knockout IO5
At-Large : RND Warriors IOC5
At-Large: Coyotes IOC5
At-Large: Pirates Small Sr5

OCF Sun Feb 15
Partial: Flyers Knockout IO5
At-Large: RND Heroes IOC6
At-Large: Black Widow IO5

Atlantic Showdown:
Partial: Infinity All stars Avengers IOC5
At-Large: Infinity All stars Wonder IO5
At-Large: Sparks de Valleyfield Sm Sr coed 5

CANADIAN TEAMS WITH BIDS
*Please update list if I missed some

IO5

CheerSport Great White Sharks- PP

CheerForce Golden Girls -PP

VAS Ice Queens - ?

Flyers All Starz Knockout - PP

RND Queens of Heart - PP

Black Widow World Class - AL

Infinity All stars Wonder - AL

IOC5

PCT Cobras Temptation- PP

Flyers All Starz Notorious- PP

RND Elite Warriors - AL

Coyotes Wild Pack - AL

Infinity All stars Avengers – PP

Vancouver All stars Black ice - ?

Kingston Elite - AL

IO6

Flyers All Starz Karma – PP

Cheer Sport Grey Reef – AL

Cheer Force Swag – AL

PCT Original Sin - AL

IOC6

Flyers All Starz Shock – AL

RND Heroes – AL

Sm Sr5

Flyers All Starz Swag – AL

Pirates Athletics - AL

Sm Sr Coed 5

Sparks de Valleyfield - AL

Med AG 5

CheerSport Sharks Star Spotted - AL

Flyers All Starz Smash - AL

Theres no drama.
They got a bid handed down from CFTC because teams who got At-larges earlier in the season , received Partials this weekend.
People who don't understand that Cheer Evolution (and other even producers) do this created the drama. Smash chose to accept it (whilst others may not choose to be "handed" a bid in this manner).
Ignorance is to blame.

On another note, congrats to all teams that got bids this weekend:
Cheerfest Sat Feb 14
Partial: Flyers Notorious IOC5
Partial: RND Queens of heart IO5
At-Large : Flyers Knockout IO5
At-Large : RND Warriors IOC5
At-Large: Coyotes IOC5
At-Large: Pirates Small Sr5

OCF Sun Feb 15
Partial: Flyers Knockout IO5
At-Large: RND Heroes IOC6
At-Large: Black Widow IO5

Atlantic Showdown:
Partial: Infinity All stars Avengers IOC5
At-Large: Infinity All stars Wonder IO5
At-Large: Sparks de Valleyfield Sm Sr coed 5

Thank you so much! I heard and read so much and now it's clear! There is no drama indeed!

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but do Canadian teams not get full paid bids? If not, why? Also, is it just Canada, or other countries too?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but do Canadian teams not get full paid bids? If not, why? Also, is it just Canada, or other countries too?
I'm almost certain "full paid bids" don't exist anywhere else but the U.S., because allstar cheerleading isn't recognised as much as it is in the U.S./ EPs don't have the funds to sponsor...... it's annoying because it's the international teams that have to fork out the most money especially with trans-ocean flights.

Last edited:
No one offers full paid bids in Canada and actually only two years ago, I believe, did they start partial paid bids. It's not cheap to just fork over a wad of cash to a team to go to a competition. I mean I think it's worth it and I think we are heading in the right direction with how cheerleading is getting big in Canada but I don't think we will see a full paid bid event too soon. At least some places here can drive over the border and then fly to Florida. That's what I did when I went to worlds..cut down on cost to not have to take an international flight.

I would imagine other countries don't even have partial paid bids and only offer at large bids.

We have none to give out. Ice Queens won a FP 2 seasons ago (I think??) through an American competition, but I believe we're back to having to get a bid in your home country. There are also some pretty strict guidelines about who can give out FP bids, and I'm not sure if any Canadian EP's qualify, but I could be wrong. FP = $25 000 paid out by the EP so they do cost the competitions a lot of money. PP's are $3000 so much more manageable.

ETA - WE've had PP's for more than 2 years though. My team got one in 2011 through a Canadian competition, and they may have been around before then too

CANADIAN TEAMS WITH BIDS

IO5

VAS Ice Queens - ?

RND Queens of Heart - PP

IOC5

RND Elite Warriors - AL

Coyotes Wild Pack - AL

Vancouver All stars Black ice - ?

Kingston Elite - AL

IO6

Cheer Force Swag – AL

PCT Original Sin - AL

IOC6

RND Heroes – AL

Sm Sr5

Pirates Athletics - AL

Sm Sr Coed 5

Med AG 5

Some west coast updates:

IOAG5:
Vancouver All Stars Ice Queens - PP (Cheerfest)
Power Cheer Edmonton Venom - AL (Cheerfest)

IOC5:
Vancouver Allstars Black Ice - PP (Sea to Sky 2014)
Perfect Storm Athletics Thunder - AL (PAC Battle of Champions)

IOAG6:
Vancouver Allstars Black Out - AL (Cheerfest)
Perfect Storm Athletics Inferno - PP (PAC Battle of Champions)

CANADIAN TEAMS WITH BIDS
Updated Feb 18

IO5
VAS Ice Queens - PP
RND Queens of Heart - PP
Power Cheer Edmonton Venom - AL

IOC5
RND Elite Warriors - AL
Coyotes Wild Pack - AL
Vancouver All stars Black ice - PP
Kingston Elite - AL
Perfect Storm Athletics Thunder - AL

IO6
Cheer Force Swag – AL
PCT Original Sin - AL
Vancouver Allstars Black Out - AL
Perfect Storm Athletics Inferno - PP

IOC6
RND Heroes – AL

Sm Sr5
Pirates Athletics - AL

Sm Sr Coed 5

Med AG 5

We have none to give out. Ice Queens won a FP 2 seasons ago (I think??) through an American competition, but I believe we're back to having to get a bid in your home country. There are also some pretty strict guidelines about who can give out FP bids, and I'm not sure if any Canadian EP's qualify, but I could be wrong. FP = $25 000 paid out by the EP so they do cost the competitions a lot of money. PP's are $3000 so much more manageable.

ETA - WE've had PP's for more than 2 years though. My team got one in 2011 through a Canadian competition, and they may have been around before then too
The Ice Queens FP was due to a loophole in the system. An agreement was made years ago between the competition they recieved that bid at and I believe Sea to Sky? but clearly, that's been fixed and altered.

And you're right. PP have been around for awhile For at least 6-7 years...

The Ice Queens FP was due to a loophole in the system. An agreement was made years ago between the competition they recieved that bid at and I believe Sea to Sky? but clearly, that's been fixed and altered.

I was at PacWest when they won the Full Paid Bid i guess there gonna be the only Canadian Team ever to accomplish that amazing feat whichis pretty epic

Hmm odd I didn't think it's been that long lol my bad

I was at PacWest when they won the Full Paid Bid i guess there gonna be the only Canadian Team ever to accomplish that amazing feat whichis pretty epic
I'm sure other teams in Canada would be able to achieve the same thing if they were able to like VAS was that one year. And we can hope that they ARNT the only ones to ever get a FP! Hopefully sometime soon Canada actually gets our own FP bids!!

Curious to know how provincials goes this year. I know a lot of gyms aren't going this year so should be interesting to say the least..especially for bids since many teams that usually go to get their bid already either have a bid or are going to other bid events.

Back