Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wasn't there a Big East Blast in the fall? Are there two of them?

We're not going to that one but will be at Jamfest in Brampton next weekend. :)
I'd be interested in knowing how Jamfest events compare to Cheer Evolution. Have you been to this one before? (Maybe it's the first time they've offered an event in Canada?)

Yup. No sign of a schedule yet for that one. I must say it's not a very impressive event.
It's never very good. Most gyms/teams only go to get their bid. But mostly it's so that parents and family/friends can see their kids compete if they don't travel with their kids during the season. I'm sure the schedule won't be out until around Wednesday lol it's the practice gym area that is poorly run in my opinion. There's never water for athletes and a lot of the time they're behind schedule. Quite annoying...but what can ya do!

I'd be interested in knowing how Jamfest events compare to Cheer Evolution. Have you been to this one before? (Maybe it's the first time they've offered an event in Canada?)
This event here is new to canada. Jam fest competitions are usually run very well and they give good athlete gifts. Not sure it's US judges or Canadian but it's fun for athletes and usually parents/coaches are happy with how it's run.

I haven't been to a Jamfest event in Canada before. I can update afterwards! There is only one other team in my cp's division (mini 2) so there isn't as much competition as I'd expected.

We were at Jamfest in Indy so I can compare the two, although the one in Brampton is only one day and Indy was two days. It looks like the same structure with the "Jam fun and games" - which means a video with Jam promo stuff and the Cupid Shuffle, etc. which the kids love. :)

Not too many higher level teams competing.

it will be hard to compare Indy to Jamfest Canada, as Indy is huge and Canada is the first of its kind. They need to build their clientele and prestige in Canada yet, which as of right now, mainly belongs to cheer evolution. Definitely have the same expectations as far as how its run though, just a smaller scale.

That being said... Cheer Evolution Ontarios next weekend! (21/22) anyone going? I think I counted around 26 worlds teams which is fabulous! Anyone know the number of bids being awarded?

This is the first year we are not going and I'm disappointed. We always go back after dinner and watch all the senior teams compete. I might still do that - the skill is incredible!

I have been to similar one day Jamfest events before (in Detroit) and they were always my favourites as an athlete! I'm sincerely hoping that they are similar (minus jammy - he? gave me nightmares). That being said I haven't been to one of their events in years so I'm really not sure how they stack up now.

I will be at ontarios! Unfortunately Coppers are the only Ancaster sharks team there so it would be great if you guys could give us some love! open 4.2 competing on the Saturday is really throwing me off though, does anyone know why they moved uni/open teams from Friday night?

it will be hard to compare Indy to Jamfest Canada, as Indy is huge and Canada is the first of its kind. They need to build their clientele and prestige in Canada yet, which as of right now, mainly belongs to cheer evolution. Definitely have the same expectations as far as how its run though, just a smaller scale.

I agree with this completely. Canada does not have as big of a cheer industry as they do in the states & although its growing, we're not quite where they are. I think jam fest will contribute to the growth, but i wouldn't expect it to be the size and hype of indy for a while.

I have been to similar one day Jamfest events before (in Detroit) and they were always my favourites as an athlete! I'm sincerely hoping that they are similar (minus jammy - he? gave me nightmares). That being said I haven't been to one of their events in years so I'm really not sure how they stack up now.

I will be at ontarios! Unfortunately Coppers are the only Ancaster sharks team there so it would be great if you guys could give us some love! open 4.2 competing on the Saturday is really throwing me off though, does anyone know why they moved uni/open teams from Friday night?

ASH!
When are you there? Girl, I'll come be your biggest fan. Serious. I'll rock my parent team t-shirt. You know, because I'm a mom...

Thought I'd share this. Team Canada is hosting skills clinics and meet & greets with university and colleges as a fundraiser this year. I believe coaches (and athletes) from many of the University and College teams will be there. I'll be in Pickering with a couple of my girls.

teamcanadacheer | REPRESENTING CANADA AT THE ICU WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Introducing Team Canada Skills Clinics and University and College Meet and Greet
Team Canada is made up of some the finest cheer athletes in the nation, and certainly coached by the best we have – come learn skills in a fun and friendly environment. We are currently offering two dates – but are looking for more across the country
Recommended for athletes in grade 11+. Athletes should be 10 years old minimum to attend. All skill levels welcome!

1. February 28th at Kingston Elite in Kingston, ON – perfect for Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal cheerleaders
Kingston Elite is located at 785 Sir John A Macdonald Blvd. Kingston, ON
Time: 1-4 PM

2. March 6 at Ultimate Canadian Cheer in Pickering – perfect for GTA cheerleaders
UCC is located at 1420 Bayly Street Pickering ON
Clinic is 6:00-9:00 PM

You’ll be taught the latest in stunt skills at all levels. Expect 3 hours of fantastic fun!
Cost for the clinic is $50.00 pp and we HIGHLY recommend you bring your stunt partner or group. For those hoping to make a University team next season there will be University and College coaches on-hand to meet and to answer any questions you may have.

Please CLICK HERE pre-register by filling out the online form. Payment is due at the event – $50.00 CASH ONLY. Proceeds go directly to the athletes of Team Canada.

Jamfest was similar to OCF Nationals that was at the PowerAde Center last year if you were there. It was fine, but nothing special. Jammy was there and gave out the spirit award lol. My cp's M2 team won 1st and Y2 team came in third. There were only about 5 gyms represented there it seemed. Lots of teams from the same five or six gyms!

Jamfest was similar to OCF Nationals that was at the PowerAde Center last year if you were there. It was fine, but nothing special. Jammy was there and gave out the spirit award lol. My cp's M2 team won 1st and Y2 team came in third. There were only about 5 gyms represented there it seemed. Lots of teams from the same five or six gyms!

There weren't any university/college teams, were there? Originally I'd thought about sending my girls, but decided not to just before registration closed.

If there's anyone keeping tabs on what's going on at OCF Ottawa, could someone post bid winners/how the teams vying for a worlds bid did?

Back