Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't stay for the bids so I'm not sure what that's about but there were a LOT of complaints after the first round of worlds teams. The legalities judge apparently was having a field day and teams were getting deductions all over the place. At one point all the worlds coaches were called to the score sheet table near the judges. A friend of mine is coaches a worlds team and he said they got about 20 points in deductions. Maybe that's what flyers were mad about that they think they deserved a bid over someone else. Who knows ..I am not a big fan of that comp. There's always drama and it's disorganized. Schedule was all over the place today. Happy that BW got a bid though.

I'd be interested in knowing how Jamfest events compare to Cheer Evolution. Have you been to this one before? (Maybe it's the first time they've offered an event in Canada?)
It was small with only a few gyms there but multiple teams from each gym, and it was well run and....on time! The staging area and lights were top notch (compared to what we usually have) and better than Cheer Evolution IMO. Plenty of signage which Cheer Evolution has always lacked, and included social media contests (Tweet a selfie with another team member, etc). They know how to buy time with games and dancing during awards, where usually athletes just sit there and wait listening to awkward pauses. Jammy was there too, and I have to ask...what the heck is that thing?!?

It would be great if it gains interest. I think it's great to have a variety of competitions and it's good for Canadian cheer. You could tell Jamfest had a different flavor and wasn't like the usual comp we see in Ontario. It has great potential and I hope more gyms go in the future. Our gym essentially put our lower level teams in Jamfest (Sr. teams and some Jr's were at Cheersport in Atlanta), and pulled us out of Provincials next weekend. That speaks volumes!

I didn't stay for the bids so I'm not sure what that's about but there were a LOT of complaints after the first round of worlds teams. The legalities judge apparently was having a field day and teams were getting deductions all over the place. At one point all the worlds coaches were called to the score sheet table near the judges. A friend of mine is coaches a worlds team and he said they got about 20 points in deductions. Maybe that's what flyers were mad about that they think they deserved a bid over someone else. Who knows ..I am not a big fan of that comp. There's always drama and it's disorganized. Schedule was all over the place today. Happy that BW got a bid though.
Huh, that explains why all the coaches were called over. The other parents and I were wondering what was going on. That plus the two girls who left on stretchers meant quite a dramatic day. Man, those Flyers and RND teams are soooo good.

It was small with only a few gyms there but multiple teams from each gym, and it was well run and....on time! The staging area and lights were top notch (compared to what we usually have) and better than Cheer Evolution IMO. Plenty of signage which Cheer Evolution has always lacked, and included social media contests (Tweet a selfie with another team member, etc). They know how to buy time with games and dancing during awards, where usually athletes just sit there and wait listening to awkward pauses. Jammy was there too, and I have to ask...what the heck is that thing?!?

It would be great if it gains interest. I think it's great to have a variety of competitions and it's good for Canadian cheer. You could tell Jamfest had a different flavor and wasn't like the usual comp we see in Ontario. It has great potential and I hope more gyms go in the future. Our gym essentially put our lower level teams in Jamfest (Sr. teams and some Jr's were at Cheersport in Atlanta), and pulled us out of Provincials next weekend. That speaks volumes!
I'd love our gym to go! It's not up to me, of course :)

Huh, that explains why all the coaches were called over. The other parents and I were wondering what was going on. That plus the two girls who left on stretchers meant quite a dramatic day. Man, those Flyers and RND teams are soooo good.
That's because QC teams know how to perform. Even if they drop stunts and don't have the best tumbling they can still work their routine like no ones business. They have SO much energy throughout everything so you don't end up getting bored.

A
That's because QC teams know how to perform. Even if they drop stunts and don't have the best tumbling they can still work their routine like no ones business. They have SO much energy throughout everything so you don't end up getting bored.
Absolutely agree!

Totally not associated with RND and Flyers but being from QC, I'll take the compliment XD :rolleyes: I try to put on a show with the kids I have and I teach them to have fun with it!

Totally not associated with RND and Flyers but being from QC, I'll take the compliment XD :rolleyes: I try to put on a show with the kids I have and I teach them to have fun with it!
It was definitely a compliment. I wasn't trying to say that teams from QC aren't good. I'm saying they know how to perform whether they're elite or not. I LOVE performing and I try to work it even if I'm transitioning and I can teach my kids to do the same but whether they do it or not is another thing. There's only so many times you can make kids do a routine over and over ..some kids can be really really energetic and some can't.

It was definitely a compliment. I wasn't trying to say that teams from QC aren't good. I'm saying they know how to perform whether they're elite or not. I LOVE performing and I try to work it even if I'm transitioning and I can teach my kids to do the same but whether they do it or not is another thing. There's only so many times you can make kids do a routine over and over ..some kids can be really really energetic and some can't.

Yes I understood that it was a compliment. :) Maybe it's cultural... like the french canadians approach cheer a bit differently?

Yes I understood that it was a compliment. :) Maybe it's cultural... like the french canadians approach cheer a bit differently?
Hmm maybe lol who knows. When I cheered in the states and my old coach here would make us re start the routine over and over until we all were smiling and performing. Not sure why more coaches don't work on performing since its on the score sheet but no ones perfect :p

Back