Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Anyone know more details about the worlds face off event. I heard its in niagra?

I'm pretty sure it's at the Scotiabank centre the Friday night of Nationals (so April 10th). Schedules would probably come out when the rest of the Nationals schedules come out?

I'm pretty sure it's at the Scotiabank centre the Friday night of Nationals (so April 10th). Schedules would probably come out when the rest of the Nationals schedules come out?

Ook I thought it was a separate comp. kinda late to have it considering how close it is to worlds. Doesn't give much time to book and pay for stuff. Nationals is already so busy with individuals, duos, etc I feel like this is added is going to be a nightmare.

Most of the teams won't have to travel too much, or will already be attending (or have in the past). I agree with you though, I think it would have to be a good amount of money as the cash prize to get a team from the other side of the country to come out right before Worlds..... Just to get money for worlds (it seems counterproductive). There could be something I'm missing though

Most of the teams won't have to travel too much, or will already be attending (or have in the past). I agree with you though, I think it would have to be a good amount of money as the cash prize to get a team from the other side of the country to come out right before Worlds..... Just to get money for worlds (it seems counterproductive). There could be something I'm missing though
Oh I know most people will already be there but for some that may be leaving a day earlier because most teams don't get to niagra until Friday night. Last year I ended up having to coach an individual last minute and I left at like 4 am to get to Niagra early enough. I think all the worlds teams up for the face off are Ontario teams? But still some like world class that are in Ottawa, who are mainly coaches, means that if they win the wild card entry will have to leave earlier meaning all the athletes will because they bus to Niagra. Kind of silly if you ask me. Next year if they do this they should have this event earlier and maybe at the Hershey Centre instead of niagra falls. I hate that nationals is there lol biggest pain to drive that extra 1.5-2 hours and more expensive.

Three more bids to add...
Alberta Cheer Empire Legacy Senior 5 PP
Alberta Cheer Empire Royalty AG6 AT
Rebels Smoke AG5 AT

Oh I know most people will already be there but for some that may be leaving a day earlier because most teams don't get to niagra until Friday night. Last year I ended up having to coach an individual last minute and I left at like 4 am to get to Niagra early enough. I think all the worlds teams up for the face off are Ontario teams? But still some like world class that are in Ottawa, who are mainly coaches, means that if they win the wild card entry will have to leave earlier meaning all the athletes will because they bus to Niagra. Kind of silly if you ask me. Next year if they do this they should have this event earlier and maybe at the Hershey Centre instead of niagra falls. I hate that nationals is there lol biggest pain to drive that extra 1.5-2 hours and more expensive.

There are a ton of teams from Quebec and some from out west (I know Ice Queens will be there). I didn't even think about half of them being coaches too, competition weekends are so long and tiring for coaches already. I guess it's a first and they're going to see how it goes and maybe make changes for next year depending on feedback?

There are a ton of teams from Quebec and some from out west (I know Ice Queens will be there). I didn't even think about half of them being coaches too, competition weekends are so long and tiring for coaches already. I guess it's a first and they're going to see how it goes and maybe make changes for next year depending on feedback?
Oh ok I didn't even think about Ice queens and the qc teams. But ya I don't think it's an ideal situation being on a Friday. Now with this other competition in Toronto after worlds that people are going to I think they should limit or get rid of the individual/stunt/duo comps at nationals and have it at this newer competition. It's called the Red Carpet competition and is the weekend that nationals used to be held before they changed it to be before worlds.

Makes more sense to have the Face off thing on the Friday (like majors) and then the regular comp Saturday/Sunday. And not offer the specialty divisions at nationals and instead have them at this new Red Carpet competition. I know Sharks isn't doing any specialty divisions at nationals but doing them for the red carpet comp instead.

Oh ok I didn't even think about Ice queens and the qc teams. But ya I don't think it's an ideal situation being on a Friday. Now with this other competition in Toronto after worlds that people are going to I think they should limit or get rid of the individual/stunt/duo comps at nationals and have it at this newer competition. It's called the Red Carpet competition and is the weekend that nationals used to be held before they changed it to be before worlds.

Makes more sense to have the Face off thing on the Friday (like majors) and then the regular comp Saturday/Sunday. And not offer the specialty divisions at nationals and instead have them at this new Red Carpet competition. I know Sharks isn't doing any specialty divisions at nationals but doing them for the red carpet comp instead.

The school team I coached last year did that comp, I liked it a lot and I'm happy they switched some divisions over (I may be wrong but I think all special needs divisions were switched over to that comp, or there was talk about it).

I think they need to find a bigger location for nationals (I also heard a rumour they were looking around for one). 2 stages isn't enough anymore for the amount of teams that attend

The school team I coached last year did that comp, I liked it a lot and I'm happy they switched some divisions over (I may be wrong but I think all special needs divisions were switched over to that comp, or there was talk about it).

I think they need to find a bigger location for nationals (I also heard a rumour they were looking around for one). 2 stages isn't enough anymore for the amount of teams that attend

Oh I didn't know that it was around last year. I know a lot of all star teams are done after nationals so I'm surprised that this is in existence to be honest since I'd hate to be a parent having to fork over more $ for another weekend especially when tryouts are around the same time and having to repay for another year of cheer since some parents pay full tuition.

I also totally agree with nationals needing a different venue. Not only is it over crowded but it's expensive for hotel and food since its a heavy tourist spot. I thought Toronto used to be a pain sometimes but now I miss it lol I hate going all the way to Niagra and spending an arm and a leg on rooms and food. Also last year awards were ridiculous. I coached and competed so I was exhausted and then awards for open were over an hour late so we left Niagra at around 1130-12ish. I got back to Ottawa when people were going to work around 630. I was beyond exhausted lol I never want to drive the 401 at night ever again from that competition.

Oh I didn't know that it was around last year. I know a lot of all star teams are done after nationals so I'm surprised that this is in existence to be honest since I'd hate to be a parent having to fork over more $ for another weekend especially when tryouts are around the same time and having to repay for another year of cheer since some parents pay full tuition.

I also totally agree with nationals needing a different venue. Not only is it over crowded but it's expensive for hotel and food since its a heavy tourist spot. I thought Toronto used to be a pain sometimes but now I miss it lol I hate going all the way to Niagra and spending an arm and a leg on rooms and food. Also last year awards were ridiculous. I coached and competed so I was exhausted and then awards for open were over an hour late so we left Niagra at around 1130-12ish. I got back to Ottawa when people were going to work around 630. I was beyond exhausted lol I never want to drive the 401 at night ever again from that competition.

It was called spring Classic. It's switched dates with Nationals in the past few years. Although I know it's bad timing for allstar teams, it was a good competition for school teams.

And that sounds awful. I thought it was bad enough driving 2 hours home!

It was called spring Classic. It's switched dates with Nationals in the past few years. Although I know it's bad timing for allstar teams, it was a good competition for school teams.

And that sounds awful. I thought it was bad enough driving 2 hours home!
Ohhhh ok that makes sense. But not really. Like you said makes sense for school teams but they are dwindling and all star teams take in more revenue so why change it up and not just eliminate it. Ah well we shall see what changed happen next year and how popular this "red carpet" comp is for all star this year.

This makes me appreciate that I live only 15 min from niagara falls!
Lol haha I wish I lived closer to toronto or I wouldn't mind the drive. I actually like driving but it's such a boring drive! I also always have to leave at night so it's such a rough drive to do all in one shot. Especially since every time I drive people they all fall asleep in the car :(

We're only an hour from Niagara Falls so I don't mind the drive and I have a PO box right across the border so it's handy to be able to and pick up all my stuff lol. I just don't like the way they have it set up there, where you have to wait in line to file into the room to watch your kid, then file back out again after and wait in the hallways until awards. Last year some parents couldn't get in to watch their kids because of the lines to get in the rooms.

Back